Brazil's NT 2009 - 2012

• You noticed it too, eh. It also crossed my mind recently that probably they are birth marks.

• Kuraf, what's with Natalia's face? Are they pimples or burn scars? Browsed through the pics you posted and noticed her face.

Natalia is a typical pimply adolescent girl...i think it gives her extra strength :what:

• Ok, so it is pimples. Anyway, I have no problems with it, just curious and nothing more. :)

• Adenizia has been called to train as well

The reason why Adenízia was called was the fact that Jaqueline asked not to play the first competitions of the year so that she could rest a little after the end of the Italian Championship. I believe Adenízia and Carol Gattaz will fight for the third position of middle-blocker in Brazil's NT.I prefer Adenízia's game. For me she is better than Carol Gattaz both in blocking, attacking and serving, besides being much younger than Carol Gattaz. Her biggest problem is her height. She is 1,87m tall and José Roberto Guimarães seems to prefer Gattaz cause she is 1,92m tall.

Brazil's NT final roster for the Montreux Tournament is the following:

01 - Fabiana Claudino MB 1,93m
    02 - Ana Tiemi Takagui S 1,87m
    03 - Marianne Steinbrecher OH/OPP 1,89m
    05 - Caroline Gattaz MB 1,92m
    06 - Thaísa Menezes MB 1,96m
    07 - Danielle Lins S 1,83m
    09 - Adenízia Silva MB 1,87m
    10 - Welissa Gonzaga OH 1,79m
    11 - Natália Pereira OPP/OH 1,86m
    13 - Sheilla Castro OPP 1,85m
    14 - Fabiana Oliveira L 1,69m
    15 - Regiane Bidias OH/OPP 1,90m
    17 - Joyce Silva OPP 1,90m
    18 - Camila Brait L 1,59m

The oldest player of the team is Carol Gattaz who is 27 years old. The team's average height is 1,84m considering the liberos. Without the liberos the team's average height is 1,88m.
    It is probable thay both Jaqueline and Paula will be back for the Grand Prix and I believe Carol Albuquerque is not completely discarded either. In my opinion, Regiane and either Adenízia or Carol Gattaz will be dropped out of the team when Paula and Jaqueline come back. As for the setter position, in case Carol Albuquerque were called Ana Tiemi is likely to leave the team.

• ?( Camila Brait is only 1.59m. I see from some photos she is as same height as Fabi.
    Why won't Sassa be dropped out after Paula comes back? :tzz:

• [/quote] ?( Camila Brait is only 1.59m. I see from some photos she is as same height as Fabi.
    Why won't Sassa be dropped out after Paula comes back? :tzz:[/quote]

I never paid attention to that, but her height is 1,59 m in all data about her I've seen so far. Anyway, as she is a libero, height doesn't count much.
    I believe Sassá won't be dropped out of the team after Paula's return because she is a very important player in reception, service and defense. The only player with similar characteristics is Jaqueline. As Mári, Natália and Paula are rather good receivers, but not as good as Jaqueline and Sassá, I believe Zé Roberto will maintain both players in Brazil's roster.
    Since Regiane is not good in reception and Brazil's middle-blockers have similar characteristics (reception and defense are not their specialty), it sounds more reasonable to me that Regiane and either Adenízia or Carol Gattaz will be dropped out of the team.

• Walewska no. ;( Big surprise. 8|
    I think a good middle players. Her performance was very good in Russia.

Walewska :heart:

• DANIELLE LINS, the new captain of BRASIL TEAM !!!

Ze Roberto confirmed this info to the public the other day

he also admits that there are a great many excellent attackers in Brasil, but he insists appointing a setter as the captain coz this position is too important to the whole team.
    he wish Dani could and hope she would be more responsible to Brasil teamwork as a big encourage and inspiration to her.

Dani is very kind and gentle girl with smooth relationship with everyone in the team convocation. no matter her physical condition or technical level makes her an outstanding setter throughout the world, of course i think she really deserves the "cap".

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Ze Roberto believed paula pequeno could be back in 3 months, maybe a little be earlier, in the middle of august.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Paula and Jaqueline are supposed to join Brazil's team to play the World Grand Prix.

As for Dani Lins, she slightly twisted her ankle and will not be able to play the match against Germany. She is supposed to debut in the competition in the match against China.
    Zé Roberto said Natália will be a starter. The probable team against Germany will be Mári, Natália, Sheila, Ana Tiemi, Fabiana, Thaísa and Fabi. Against China it is expected that Dani Lins replace Ana Tiemi.

• Paula and Jaqueline are supposed to join Brazil's team to play the World Grand Prix.

As for Dani Lins, she slightly twisted her ankle and will not be able to play the match against Germany. She is supposed to debut in the competition in the match against China.
    Zé Roberto said Natália will be a starter. The probable team against Germany will be Mári, Natália, Sheila, Ana Tiemi, Fabiana, Thaísa and Fabi. Against China it is expected that Dani Lins replace Ana Tiemi.

I am looking forward to seeing Ana Tiemi 's debut too. :lol:

• Six more players will join Brazil's NT in order to play the II Final Four which will be held in Lima (Peru) next week.

The six girls which will join the 14-player group are:

1 - Paula Pequeno - outside hitter - Zarechie Odintsovo - RUS - her physical condition will be evaluated and the head coach's intention is being able to count on her to play the 2009 World Grand Champions Cup.
    2 - Thaís - outside hitter - Nestlé Osasco - BRA
    3 - Fernanda Garay - ouside hitter - Pinheiros Mackenzie - BRA
    4 - Lia Castro - opposite - Pinheiros Mackenzie - BRA
    5 - Fabíola - setter - Pinheiros Mackenzie - BRA
    6 - Natália Aparecida - middle blocker - Pinheiros Mackenzie - BRA

Part of the team which won the 2009 edition of the World Grand Prix will not take part of this tournament. Instead, the players which will not travel to Lima will undergo an intensive training program in serve reception. The players which will not travel were not mentioned yet, but it is likely that Mári, Natália and Regiane will not travel to Lima. I don't know which Zé Roberto's plans are when it comes to the middle blockers. He might let Fabiana and Thaísa playing in Brazil and play the Final Four with Carol Gattaz, Adenízia and Natália Aparecida. As for the setters, I believe Ana Tiemi and Fabíola will travel. I also guess that Camila Brait will be the libero of Brazil's team in this tournament and the only players who were starters during the World Grand Prix and that will play the Final Four will be Sheilla and Sassá.

Brazil's team, in my opinion will be: Sassá - Fernanda Garay - Carol Gattaz - Adenízia - Fabíola - Sheilla - Camila Brait (L).

• Paula Pequeno is back! She is currently training with the other girls in the Brazil's Training Center. She will play the South American Championship which will be played in Porto Alegre.

It was already defined which players will travel to Lima and which players will stay training in Brazil for the next competitions.

Brazil's roster for the Final Four is:

Setters: Ana Tiemi (Nestlé Osasco) and Fabíola (Pinheiros Mackenzie)
    Opposites: Joycinha (Unilever Rio de Janeiro) and Lia (Pinheiros Mackenzie)
    Outside hitters: Sassá (Nestlé Osasco), Regiane (Unilever Rio de Janeiro), Fernanda Garay (PInheiros Mackenzie) and Thaís (Nestlé Osasco)
    Middle-blockers: Carol Gattaz (Unilever Rio de Janeiro), Adenízia (Nestlé Osasco) and Natália Aparecida (Blausiegel São Caetano)
    Libero: Camila Brait (Nestlé Osasco)
    Coach: Paulo Cocco (Zé Roberto will stay in Saquarema with the rest of the team)

The following players (the starters) will be undergoing a training program (which will mostly focus on serve reception)in Saquarema with Zé Roberto:

Setter: Dani Lins (Unilever Rio de Janeiro)
    Opposite: Sheilla (Blausiegel São Caetano)
    Outside hitters: Mári (Blausiegel São Caetano), Natália (Nestlé Osasco) and Paula Pequeno (Zarechie Odintsovo)
    Middle-blockers: Fabiana (Unilever Rio de Janeiro) and Thaísa (Nestlé Osasco)
    Libero: Fabi (Unilever Rio de Janeiro)

• what about jacqueline?

• what about jacqueline?

Yeah, we wonder the same thing...

What the coach had said in the past is that Paula was out because of the recovery of her injury and Jaqueline because, after getting an extra time for vacation, since she was playing in Italy til the very last moment, she would get some time to prepare for her upcoming wedding.

I haven't heard a thing about if she ever got married to Murilo yet, but she's been playing the regional championship at her club for a few weeks now. And Paula, who were supposed to have a more serious situation, is currently training with the other girls of NT that aren't going to the Final Four.

Find rather odd.

• As far as I know, Jaqueline was supposed to start to practise with the NT about a month after the other girls' arrival. She has arranged with Zé Roberto, though, that she wouldn't join the NT until the World Grand Champions Cup because she is in charge of preparing her wedding and taking care of her new house. For this reason, she is able to play for her club in Brazil, but she is not able to travel abroad with the NT. Because abroad she is not supposed to spend her spare time making phone calls or visiting places in order to arrange the details of her wedding party or furnituring her new house and so on.

It is also important to mention that Jaqueline is playing for Osasco Vôlei for less than a month. She is not at the top of her form yet. I believe she woudln't be very helpful for the NT unless her physical condition improves a lot. As for Paula, she joined the NT, but the aim of her presence ther is evaluating her physical condition and preparing her to debut in the 2009 season for the NT in the World Grand Champions Cup.

• Coach Brazilian champion with the Dominican Republic is suspicious of "rotation" in the choice of technical clubs

Recently, the Dominican Republic eliminated selections powerful as the United States and Cuba and qualify as a champion of the NORCECA for the Champions League. Dominican team is coached by Brazilian Marcos Kwiek 42 years of age. Kwiek was an assistant coach Jose Roberto Guimaraes in the women's national team from 2004 to 2007. In an exclusive interview, he reveals he could have been exploited in the Pinheiros, says the Brazilian team, the current group and an alleged scheme of rotation of coaches in the clubs in the country than that, does not regret having accepted the invitation to lead the Dominican Republic and speaks of crack Brenda Castillo. Kwiek has called the selection for the World Cup in Japan in 2010 and will again adversary of Brazil in November in the Champions League.

How is the year 2009 to the Dominican Republic?
    Speaking of the four competitions this year reached almost everything we planned.
    Since qualifying for the world to the title of NORCECA. The Grand Prix is that the thing is not what we would like. But the goal was achieved.

What were these goals?
    Look, earning a place in the world of 2010 was our duty because of the weakness of their opponents. We did our part. Pan American Cup in Brazil won a game in the qualifying round and then lost the decision. Grand Prix is that really went wrong. We had some injured players and others from the physical ideal. We could have gone further even more because the technical level of the Grand Prix was the worst. I have seldom seen anything like that. And finally the title of NORCECA, which for us was the most important tournament, which gave us the spot in the Champions League.

How was winning the NORCECA upon the United States and Cuba?
    It was a hard-earned and well deserved title. Puerto Rico has grown to the Cuban style of play. Cuba will once again give a lot of work soon. A Carrillo, is a grandly and blocking others, and serve very strong. They played without Calderon who is pregnant and has been missing. And he has two young girls of 18 years, which will give the talk (Sílie e Salas). Cuba is always Cuba.

The U.S. team disappointed ...
    Very bad. Without the Haneef pregnant and Logan Tom, the team is weaker. But what impressed me was the terrible shape of the players. The Dani Scott and Bown. The two are out of shape, physically ill and missed others.

You take advantage of playing against Brazil?
    Brazil is still reference. I think my team respects the other team, but I know how much the players of Brazil, this makes things easier. I can assemble a team tactically depending on how you play the selection, anticipate things for my team, but it turns out the spare change the game and thus break me. Thus the Pan American Cup. But certainly help to know the girls and Ze Roberto.

And what do you expect from the Champions League?
    I see Brazil and Italy posted favorites. Will be final. Between us, Thailand, Japan, anything can happen. And has invited a selection that I think will be China. The third to sixth not have favorite.

Italy has been much discussed. Is that all right?
    Italy is very strong and was smart by not playing the Grand Prix. He won with the leftovers and the European Gioli, Barazza, Del Core, Picci Aguero and becomes a candidate for selection first time.

I see many people talking of Russia including Ze Roberto. He is right?
    Yes, of course. Russia is this. Never changes. High ball at the ends, ball to and fro and have two more giants appeared there almost 2 meters. They are strong and bear play 5 sets in the same way. They are really too dangerous even if they had come to a decision of the European.

And the current national team that won the South American. What to say?
    I love the Adenízia, she matured, took the chance he has received and deserves to be in the selection. The Natália also found its space and will be tricky to get out now. I think the Joycinha at risk in the future even if you do a good Lia Superliga. The Fabi needs to be more regular and was not well at the Grand Prix, but has leadership and history. With two liberals, Camila is the one without a doubt.

You can talk to Paula Pequeno and Jaqueline?
    Paula is a warrior and will fight too, I know it. If you have to train 4 times a day will do. She will row to get where they want because they do not ever give up. But the sport is now and today is the birth rate. The Jaqueline will have to wait his turn. Ball has to go back, no doubt, but not sure. I would say to the world of 2010 it has a chance, but for 2012 I find it very difficult for her to be among the 12 or 14.

Who is the best player in Brazil today?
    To me, Mari is the best player in Brazil. And look what the Superliga that she did not expect that she played so well. But it is a great time and left the court.

What can you talk about Dani Lins is not yet a unanimous?
    I always liked Dani Lins. She is showing personality and was lucky because the base was maintained and that helps too. Otherwise, the selection is gaining that gives more comfort for her to keep working. I was surprised. I thought it was Ze keep Carol and gradually giving way to Dani Lins. I respect his decision and if he thought it was time to take Carol, you know what does. Opted to anticipate the cycle with Ana Tiemi.

You left the Pinheiros hurt?
    No. I'm grateful to them, but until now did not understand the staff of Pines. We had a brilliant campaign and finished third in the Superliga 2007/2008. They said they would like me to stay, but would have to be full time. He said he had proposed that the Dominican Republic and that interested me too. Then they released me. The funny thing is hired Paul Cocco and he is more selection than the club, you'll understand ...

What do you mean by that?
    This is curious and things do not change. Are always the same coaches in clubs. There is a swing that looks planned. I do not know if it's pot, but it works that way.

And as you're in a new country?
    I am very happy because I have freedom to work, work without pressure and it was in Brazil would not be comfortable because there is high unemployment. I have my work recognized by the leaders. I live in Santo Domingo and the federation pays everything from food to rent. It is a good city to live, apparently safe, but we have a lot of poverty along with people and how we millionaire border with Haiti poverty increases every day.

And how does the basic categories in the country?
    Our youth team was runner-up world, but no player draws as much attention as Brenda Castillo. Is a sweeper out of the ordinary star. Has 16 years and is spectacular in technical terms. I've never seen anything like it in my life coach. It is complete, passes, and has advocated and age to play yet another World Youth Day. Holds absolute screening adult and so the most important that the Milagros, Rivera, Lisvel or De La Cruz.

You think going back to work in Brazil?
    I think yes. I have a contract until the end of 2012, but want to play the Olympics and a world. When I get back, drive a great time, I will be more valued and yet be able to reconcile here with the job of coach of the Dominican Republic.

The Paulista championship is full of aces. Who will be champion?
    I saw Pinheiros, Sesi and I saw I think Sesi will arrive. The Pines has a time very old and it makes a difference. The kids are coming too strong and if there is a well-planned scheme, runs the risk of not succeed. The physical count for much nowadays. I bet the team Sesi against St. Bernard in the final. In the women find it hard to escape from Osasco and Sao Caetano, but if the pine is regular can nip a final.

How did you react to learn that the Rio will host the Olympics?
    The Nuzman deserves too, was a victory it mainly. The guy is a fighter and need only comply with the obligations from now. Complaints of Pan will be in oblivion and people would not forgive another situation like that of overcharging. I found wonderful and there's an opening for South America Argentina has everything to be in the Olympics in 2016. They are 7 years, but the way they're playing, Peru, Argentina will be the biggest beneficiary.

You can predict what will happen up there with our selections?
    Not change anything, I doubt it. Especially with the games in Rio de Janeiro. No one will leave the bone ...