Champions League 2009/2010

• I haven't any words to Jastrzebie.. Tragedy...

Resovia is playing very good:) I hope the will play better;)

• Statistics summing up first three legs are now online
    With the competition resuming after the Christmas holidays and namely next January 5, overall statistics of the best performers are now available on the CEV website right here

• Post a video and have a shot at a trip to attend Final Fours
    In association with the European Volleyball Confederation, Italian-based company Indesit – which has been linked to the Champions League as its title sponsor since 8 years – has decided to launch a special contest named “100% Volley fun” addressed to all Volleyball fans with trips to the venues of the Final Fours being at stake.
    All Volleyball enthusiasts will have the chance to join the contest as they film and upload their own funny videos to an ad-hoc website, http://www.indesitvolley.com
    This Internet resource features some samples to refer to, but the most relevant pre-condition to join the contest is being creative and innovative enough to work out some funny videos that display Volleyball actions in your everyday life!
    To register, you simply have to surf to the above mentioned URL, read through the terms and conditions, fill out the form and then eventually start uploading your own clip.
    The “100% Volley fun” contest is an innovative marketing action, whose promotion will benefit of the main social networks available on the net, such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Moreover, additional cards recalling the contest will be distributed at the venues of the Champions League starting from next January as well as in the many points of sale Indesit has been spreading across Europe.
    There will be a draw per country to award a trip to the venues of the CICL Final Fours (still to be determined, as they will be announced in January, at the end of the League Round), with a special package that includes travel expenses, accommodation and attendance to the matches. There is even more at stake since a second and third video – always per participating country – will be rewarded with an Indesit Prime Appliance each.
    To be retained for the contest, videos will have to be loaded up to next March 11, 2010, i.e. up to the end of the Playoffs 6.
    So we expect tons of fans to join the contest and good luck!!!
    CEV

• There are no sound logical reasons for the rule that individual awards are given to players from qualified-to-next-phase teams only. This is discrimination of the efforts of the other players.

• We just saw what does it mean for Trento to play without Kaziyski. The loss however is on Stoytchev shoulders - his schemes didn't work and he put Sokolov too late on the field. This could be Sokolov's great match, but Stoytchev missed that. I told you that he is not the best coach

• Dinamo MOSCOW (RUS) vs. TRENTINO BetClic (ITA) 3:1 (23:25, 25:21, 25:21, 25:17)
    Hypo Tirol INNSBRUCK (AUT) vs. Budvanska Rivijera BUDVA (MNE) 3:1 (23-25, 25-20, 25-18, 25-18 )

The impressive positive streak of defending champion TRENTINO BetClic (15 matches in a row) ended tonight in Moscow as the Italians suffered a 1:3 upset against Dinamo. Brazilian Leandro Vissotto set the rhythm in the first set spiking well over the Russian block to notch the opening section of the game at 25-23. The second and third set looked like a real battle, but Dinamo performed stronger in the key rallies, especially with Dante. The turning point was actually the stellar performance of the Russian block in the fourth set. Shcherbinin even scored five all alone. The head coach of the Italians, Radostin Stoytchev, tried it out with some back up players such as Sokolov, Zygadlo and Herpe. However, Dinamo extended the lead to 16-11 at the second technical time-out, Poltavskiy scored two aces and the Russians eventually took revenge for their bitter 0:3 defeat in Italy right before Christmas.

In Pool C Hypo Tirol INNSBRUCK celebrated a very important victory against a tough opponent in a very exciting game in front of an amazing home crowd in a sold out USI Hall. The visiting team from Budva started out very strong, created big pressure with the serve, played a great defense and was able to take the first set at 25-23. The hosts were facing a difficult situation trailing 0:1 and 9:12 in the second set. This was the moment were the team showed strength, confidence and a lot of character. Step by step the guys of coach Stefan Chrtiansky were able to find their rhythm and their way back into the game. Every single player and the team as a whole started to excel under pressure and picked up their performance level very close to maximum. A fantastic home crowd made the USI Hall into a big party house as soon as the second match point finished an exciting and high level match. Austrian captain Daniel Gavan stated after the match: “We were able to repeat the performance level of our last home game against Noliko MAASEIK. The start of our game was a little bit nervous, it was not easy for us to play Budva today after we lost in Montenegro in 5 sets 2 weeks ago. But throughout the game we were able to create pressure with our serve and as a result our block could work more efficiently. Our setter, Claudio Carletti, played one of the best games I have seen him play and he deserves a lot of credit today. We are back in the game now and I think our match in Maaseik will be deciding on who will go into the Playoffs.”

• In the fourth set of the game in Innsbruck Toni Kovacevic (Budvanska Rivijera Budva) landed badly after a pipe attack and seemed like he suffered a lot. Kovacevic was immediately substituted, but I don't know how long he will have to be on the bench. I hope he recovers as quickly as possible, but I doubt he will play any longer in this year's IECL. He is one of the power hitters of Budva and I think his absence will be crucial for Budva...

• We just saw what does it mean for Trento to play without Kaziyski. The loss however is on Stoytchev shoulders - his schemes didn't work and he put Sokolov too late on the field. This could be Sokolov's great match, but Stoytchev missed that. I told you that he is not the best coach

i keep on repeating it since ever...
    Trento without Kazyiski is....ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
    they wouldn't have won any single trophy and would have remain the same mediocre team as they were before the arrival of the bulgarian phenom.
    anyway unimportant defeat for them, they will win their pool in any case

2001: Italian champions beach volley 4x4
    2002: Italian League Serie A2 - Italian Cup Serie A2
    2004: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2006: Top Teams Cup - Italian Cup's runner up
    2007: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2008: Champions league's runner up - Italian league's runner up
    2009: Italian League
    2009: Italian Supercup
    2010: Cev Cup's runner up
    2013: Challenge Cup
    <<We're always with you, and we will never leave you alone!>>

• Copra, I had this good feeling before the game, I was telling to myself:

"Stoychev saw that Matey is tired, he will let Sokolov and Herpe for this game and he will put more pressure on the center in attack. Trento will win with different scheme, you'll see."

Unfortunately the game was going on and on and Stoychev continued to insist on this nonproductive style of play with tired players and the erroneous Visotto :(

• Yaaaaayyyy....! Jastrzębie won against VFB :D Luv u guys, I was so wrong, I predicted that ur gonna lose this match...But I'm so so happy that I was wrong :D I want u to play like this or even better against Copra, I know u guys have potential, now I expect a lot better match, than ur last match agaisnt Copra :)

• come on..dinamo played great ..even with sokolov , trentino would not win

• Today I saw the '' old ' Mariusz Wlazly again. What a great player, he jumps till the sky :D . Belchatow wins 3-2 in Roeselare after 0-2 sets down. Wlazly played great on opposite.

Can any Polish user tell me why Wlazly was on the bench the last times? It's a shame, such a great player!

• come on..dinamo played great ..even with sokolov , trentino would not win

I am not saying that we would surely win, because you played great in defense and at the center of the net, but at least the game could have been more dramatic and with tie-break :)

• Today I saw the '' old ' Mariusz Wlazly again. What a great player, he jumps till the sky :D . Belchatow wins 3-2 in Roeselare after 0-2 sets down. Wlazly played great on opposite.

Can any Polish user tell me why Wlazly was on the bench the last times? It's a shame, such a great player!

that's very good question and no one really knows the answer :D someone need to ask Nawrocki(BTW i think he should be kick out of Skra as soon as possible) why it takes 2 sets to let "Szampon" enter the court. Mariusz seem to be in fantastic shape(he also played amazing match against Resovia in Qf of Polish cup and yet he hasn't started that match in starting 6.he saved Skra arses in 1 set and then he was on the bench againg :| when he eneter the court in 2 set he played brilliant but score difference was too big and skra got eliminated)

his physical condition seem to be alright he jump soooo high he spike so strong so i really dunno why he is on the bench lately.

about the match since Wlazly started to play SKra was absolutly brilliant before that they were absolutly rubish :| something worng is going on with Kurek dunno i don't like his aproach to the game :whistle:

WLazly only 43%?? :lol: those stats are so reliable :lol:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

Edited once, last by mateo ().

• @ Mateo

Thanks for the info. Yes, the coach should get kicked out...to prefer Novotny above Wlazly... :hit:

Statistics don't tell the whole(!) truth. Wlazly played great!

Please translate 'Szampon' :D

• Please translate 'Szampon' :D

that mean shampoo :lol: there is quite funny story behind that nickname. on one of the NT training camp Wlazly and WIniarski had some bet(don't remeber what was it all about) and the looser of the bet needed to drink bottle of shampoo. and Wlazly was the "lucky" one to drink it so that;s why he is called "szampon"

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• that's very good question and no one really knows the answer :D someone need to ask Nawrocki(BTW i think he should be kick out of Skra as soon as possible)

And who should replace him? I don't think changing the coach in the middle of the season is the best idea (in BKS we have Wiktorowicz instead of Prielożny and I haven't seen more quality in the team so far :roll: ) . It is very easy solution, but it doesn't mean the best. Maybe Nawrocki isn't the best coach in the world, but I personally thought he would be worse, when they made him first coach in Skra.
    Wlazły is getting better and better, but it was just his second really good game by him in last time, so I'm not surprised Nawrocki wanted to give another chance to Novotny. Czech player should also try to swim in the deep water sometimes...
    By the way - it is great, that Skra won in Belgium, but the 5th set was so full of nerves (12-5 leading and only 15-13 at the end! :wacko: ). I'm also very glad with another Resovia's victory (4th in the row in the CHL) against Istanbul. A little revange for female defeats agaisnt Turkish teams ;)
    Oh, and Jastrzębie managed to win something. At last :!: They still have chances for playoffs, although it seems to be difficult to achieve.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Maybe on training before match Novotny played better than Mariusz Wlazły. Jakub Novotny had trained after injury than Wlazły 1 month before Szampon. Polish attacker had't been played volley before season since 5 months and I want to remind that Novotny on last season was the best player on Polish League ( He played in Zaksa Kędzierzyn- Koźle).
    Shape of Wlazły still grow and I think he going to be first attacker in Skra and Polish national team. He jump very high and have strong now.

• i don't even have words...
    maybe this cup is something like a demon for us because every year(except 2008 where we reached the final) we make everybody laugh....
    also today, in Athens, we played one of our worst matches, and Panathinaikos didn't even made a strong effort, otherwise we would have lost 3-0...
    i can only feel ashamed for the image of my city we are giving in Europe...this is not Copra! these aren't the italian champions! fuck!

2001: Italian champions beach volley 4x4
    2002: Italian League Serie A2 - Italian Cup Serie A2
    2004: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2006: Top Teams Cup - Italian Cup's runner up
    2007: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2008: Champions league's runner up - Italian league's runner up
    2009: Italian League
    2009: Italian Supercup
    2010: Cev Cup's runner up
    2013: Challenge Cup
    <<We're always with you, and we will never leave you alone!>>

• I thought that CSKA has strong mentality, but I was wrong. They have "home mentality" and in combination with lack of physical shape, the result is very bad

At least Todorov played strong game - 4/6 in attack and 4 blocks. Aleksandrov also played good in attack - 70% The Kenyan Leopard was out of shape here