World Grand Prix 2010

• :cheesy: WOW what a match. Both teams played so well, but they had so embarrassing moments during the game. Saori and ebata played so well. I can understand mind of referes some times. They can separate hand from the court? WTF ?( .
    Now about Brazil. Jaqueline was on fire 27 points :!: Sheilla didn't had such a great game, like mari and natalia who were quite better than her today but not enough good. Fabiola made a better job than Dani lins, the setters have a lot work with MB. Adenizia was great in the little time she played.

Brazil had won 12 points more than Japan in the end. Isn't that funny? Both teams had 17 errors. I dont know how Brazil will defend USA, Italy and the others playing in that way

Although was a great game i was so pleased watching it:heart:

• well, to be honest I'm not a huge fan of Japanese team, but they totally deserved to win against such a strong team like Brazil today. great defence, nice sets by Takeshita, and Kimura& Ebata were unstoppable.
    their style of the play is obviously hard for the other teams, they gotta keep going like this way :)

• Congratulations to the Japanese team .. What class of defense .. Frankly I've never seen a team defend so .. Were rare balls that fell flat on the floor .. Ebata? Jesus Christ this girl possessed by the devil .. 24 points .. Takeshita playing with ball in hand is unfair .. Let's hope Brazil will recover over the competition .. There is still hope ..

• In new season coach of Japan said that His Team get Bronze Medal in Olympic Games 2012 and Their strong point will be defense. He knows what He was saying.

• Congrats to Japan and USA. USA is a great team :win:

I'm watching China-Italy right now and China is playing a very bad. China looks very weak in the block :thumbdown:

Italy will probably win the match

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• CHN vs ITA is a really funny match
    China of course sucks
    and Piccinini's reception is humiliated
    Gioli has several weird attacks
    and italian libero vs Wang's powerful jump serve~

• ITALY-CHINA 3-0 :thumbsup:

Chinese reception is such a disaster, they really missed Hui Ruoqi today! And their setter Wey is not Feng...

Anyway, Italy played a great match! :) Ortolani's powerful attacks were unstoppable and our OH Piccinini - Del Core are so smart!! :heart: I think Italy has the most technically endowed couple of OH in the World, they really know how to play volleyball with intelligence and not just with power..

Great Lo Bianco, as usual :lol:

• Totaly agree... Also if today the reception of Francesca was quite bad, but I think that today was only a distraction becouse Francesca is one of the best in reception...

Anyway, Merlo defences are incredible :obey:

• Actually we could say that BERGAMO 2009/10 beat CHINA for 3 - 0 :lol:

All the Italians who played today, except Barazza and Gioli, won Champions League this year with Volley Bergamo! 8o

• OMG Ebata's height is only 176 :what: when Kurihara returns, japan would be a really high class team again. :whistle:

• I just cannot believe what Poles did. I can't say anything about that game. I hope that it will be rally good lesson for girls.
    Big congrats to Japan. They showed what they can and proved, that everyone can.
    And IMO China made really big recourse. Elevation mean value of height changed completely image of a game. They just can't receive so good as in the past.

• I keep saying this about Italy's outside players, they are just technically above the other players, and they are not as tall as most. This is what Brazil's outside hitters need - less emphasis on power and jumping, more on technique. But I guess its their way and if they have a good setter, they can play that way and win anyway. I am really glad Ortolani is becoming a reckoning force in attacking.

• I don't know why everyone wants Kurihara back in Japan team, I think they play better without her. She just doesn't suit the Japanese style of play :S

Yeah, you're right. she obviously doesn't suit the team.
    Japan need to keep going without her. (although she can help the team with blocking or something)
    on the other hand, this is funny and weird. two main players from last year (Kurihara and Araki) are out of the starting 7, but the team is playing even better. I personally think Japan have found the best way they have to play. they shouldn't copy the European style of play.

• What is missing for the Japanese players are complete .. It is the physical size .. Technically they have .. But at times the force helps ..

• Hi boys ang girls?What about maiko Kano?

• I happened to watch Japan NT play here in Italy in July (Piemonte's Cup): they won the tournament, defeating Italy 3-0. Since then , their style of playing has improved even more, so that today's astonishing performance against Brazil NT didn't come unexpected to me. Yet I enjoyed every single moment of the match: Takeshita and co. showed to us all how to overcome the gap in centimeters and in brute force through intelligent playing, fast-paced movements and strong determination... I'm longing to see the matches JPN-ITA and JPN-USA, they are likely to be a real treat for any volleyball fan... :thumbup:

• POL x USA:

Poland lost a great chance to start well the Final Round. I think indeed Skowronska is still not in her best shape, but I hope till WCH she can recover...didnt understant till now why in that 25x26 in third set, she just passed the ball and out!!!!:S I think is missig a bit agression in her game. In other hand, the american girls started playing really bad!!!!Making to many erros specially in service and reception...that didnt aloud them to use they main weapons so far that are block and defense, maily also cause of a great game by Sadurek I must say. After that third set USA jsut stop making erros, and grow in the match. didnt get substitutions Matlak did in the beggining of fourth set, just descaracterized Poland Games. USA deserved the win after all. Nnamani going in was really important, not only tecnicly, but emotional, she called the team back to the game.

BRA x JPN:

Japna did a great game! I think everytime the game goes to a more long way...it is better for them, cause other teams have more troubles focusing. Ebasta and Saori were decisive in attack....and well the defenses, nothing more to add than what everyone already said, they are simple amazing. Brasil started great, very focous, but with time they just lost agression. The irregular reception keep being their main problem. And Really I dont think that Zé substitutions made any difference....on other hand , in third set I think he should try to come back with Sheilla. Natalia didnt enter the game that well too, and Sheilla is a experienced and inteligent players..maybe a few time out could have been used to grow and come back better...but we will never know. The team was passive and enter in Japan kind of game, witch is teribly not recomended if you wanna win. Keep changing balls against them end unvariably being deadly, spacially when teir spikers are in great night. I think FAbiola over all did a good match, but I think zé could have gave Dani more chances, the times she was in she did a good work...and in that fourth set, things were simply so complicated, that some changed could have helped. At the end Japan won the match deserving. They played strong.

ITA x CHN:

China is really bad in reception so far. I think this was actually the main and decisive skill in all three matches, the teams that could have a better reception in decisive moments end winning the matches. In other hand I think Itay also did a incredible game. They entered focous, and taticly perfect. The block worked, and Del Core were simply incredible, very patient, very intelligent in her spike. Gioli is clearly still out of shape, at least comparing with the rest of the team, she is not at the rest level right now. And I know she is mentaly psicologicly really important for Italy, but right now, maybe using Arrighetti that is in great shape, not a bad idea. Italy did what they had to do, and deserve the victory by 3x0!

Tomorrow I presume we will have more unpredictable matches, where anything can happen, speacille Italy x USA, the italian girls seem to not fit american game. Honestly I believe Brasil will win again Poland, like the other itme, not that Poland is not capable of beating Braisl, but just that so far they seems to always enter the games against Brasil like the game was already lost, and having this kind of atitude, do not work against Brasil. And for what I saw todya, I must say I would bet in Japan against China, but thye are home and they will want toplay better.