Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• What do you think about tomorrow's match GER-BUL? I'm so courius about Bulgaria. Maybe a little surprise? 8)

There is no chance for Bulgaria with their horrible reception..They just can't receive and Germany is one of the best serving teams in the world..I expect a match in favor of Germany and the score 3-0 ..

• What do you think about tomorrow's match GER-BUL? I'm so courius about Bulgaria. Maybe a little surprise? 8)

i think there is no doubt :win: also i think semifinals has been completed

Turkey - Russia
    Poland - Germany

• I didn't see the match so I can't comment on referees, but Guidetti says after today he is sure Turkey will win the tournament, Turkish federation is so powerful that you have to score 30 points in every set to win against Turkish team.
    Anyway I don't like those complaints too much, it seems the team had a lot of chances in 3rd and 4th set, it can't be that all of them were lost due to referees. It's probably the same as last year in GER-JPN match from WC which we also lost "only" due to referees being in favor of JPN according to Guidetti :roll:
    Maybe this defeat is not the worst that could happen, so probably we meet Poland in semifinal which is good because we recently played two matches against them so we can prepare very well for the match. Russia is a team that usually gets stronger every day in a tournament, so maybe on Saturday Turkey won't be so happy anymore about today's victory. GER-RUS final would be the most relaxing for my nerves :D
    Anyway congrats to Turkey team for now, no matter what happened during the match...

• sad thing: referee's bad decisions ruined our great game at 4th set. The other sets he was good imo.
    good thing: winning against Germany almost without Neslihan and middles is fantastic. I was afraid because German team never gives up in the game but today our girls did the same and never gave up! I would be really happy even when they lose as long as they fight like that.
    worst thing: that one of those teams will miss Olympic Games. I really love the character of both teams. so sad :(

oh btw: Guidetti was bitten by his own serving monster Bahar :lol:

• nevermind if the referee help them or not, it's awful behaviour of course, Germany didnt use their chances in this match and Turkey played better

• Wish our serves can work good aswell in saturday too.Especially we need Bahar a lot for break points! Probably the target will be Kosheleva and it won't be so easy for her to stand against good 6 servers.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• I hope Dutch NT can make the miracle happen, by winning 3-0 or 3-1 against Russia tomorrow :P :P

But, to be honest, miracles don't happen that much ;)

At least I hope for Kim Staelens in starting-six.

• I hope Dutch NT can make the miracle happen, by winning 3-0 or 3-1 against Russia tomorrow :P :P

But, to be honest, miracles don't happen that much ;)

At least I hope for Kim Staelens in starting-six.

why not?
    Kim must be the setter and Flier must contribute a lot better .LOnneke should go on playing that well.Holland's defence is good.Stam's defence was great against Serbia.the receivers must receive in bets way and the setter must set to Stam as fast as possible.

• why not?
    Kim must be the setter and Flier must contribute a lot better .LOnneke should go on playing that well.Holland's defence is good.Stam's defence was great against Serbia.the receivers must receive vet well and the setter must set to Stam quicly.

Dutch NT is very instable.

• As much as she improved last season Grothues in conjunction with Stam will never make the Netherlands a competitive team. The last left-handed outside hitter I can think of was Regla Bell and she was exceptionall athletic which allowed her to be more offensive. Grothues rolls so many balls into play because her approach off of bad sets just doesn't allow her to be an offensive threat. The Netherlands is much better off giving more of the reception responsibilities to Stam and the libero and bring in Sloetjes. I don't think they have a chance against Russia.

Russia looked rusty in their first match but I am confident in their ability to rise to the occasion regardless of the fact they know they'll have another chance. Startseva needs to incorporate the middles or at least Perepelkina more into the offense. Yes, the pins are going to get most of the sets because that's the Russian style but at times it was almost as if they were playing without middle attackers.

Germany really needs to work on their mental game. Their athletes are fairly experienced and they have a lot of mental drop offs where their play just disengrates. They have produced some great matches and other very forgettable. I think a matchup against Poland is MUCH more favorable than going up against Russia.

• The Netherlands is much better off giving more of the reception responsibilities to Stam and the libero and bring in Sloetjes.

Of course, Sloetjes playing as OH gives Dutch NT much more offensive power, but the other side of the medal is, there are only two receivers left. Against strong serving teams, you will get many difficulties..Vermeulen talked about that dilemma in Dutch press today.

• Of course, Sloetjes playing as OH gives Dutch NT much more offensive power, but the other side of the medal is, there are only two receivers left. Against strong serving teams, you will get many difficulties..Vermeulen talked about that dilemma in Dutch press today.

There will be passing difficulties but the Netherlands has to take that risk to be successful. We've seen for the past 4 years what sort of results they achieve with Stam/Grothues as the outside hitters. Neither of them is going to become the offensive weapon that a team at this level needs to achieve success. If they don't take greater risk then the dismissal of Selinger will pretty much be in vain.

• Wish our serves can work good aswell in saturday too.Especially we need Bahar a lot for break points! Probably the target will be Kosheleva and it won't be so easy for her to stand against good 6 servers.

I wouldn't be so sure that TUR will face RUS in semifinals. Tomorrow there are so many important matches. I think that NED has a chance to win. For sure I will support them becase they impressed me in a match against Serbia :!: Definitely it would be so surprising to left RUS and SRB out of the tournament :lol:

Of course SRB is still very dangerous and there is a possibility that they will beat POL. In this case Russia can be 1st in our group. Maybe Świderek will use some subsitutes (day off for Skowrońska?) Maybe she will try Kasprzak instead of Żebrowska? We must prepare some alternatives before semifinal. During 2011 EC group matches he tried to use many players. It didn't pay off because we lost in quartefinal 8) Anyway for sure we want to win this match.

Quoted from "pol"
    What do you think about tomorrow's match GER-BUL? I'm so courius about Bulgaria. Maybe a little surprise? 8)

There is no chance for Bulgaria with their horrible reception..They just can't receive and Germany is one of the best serving teams in the world..I expect a match in favor of Germany and the score 3-0 ..

It's sad. I'm trying to find the best opponent for Poland :lol: Bulgaria seems to be more friendly than Germany :D

• OK, I just watched 3rd and 4th set of GER-TUR and to be honest I don't understand all the complaints about referees :white:
    The only really bad mistake from 1st referee was at 25:25 in 4th, Turkish reception went over the net, Fürst attacked the ball onto Naz's hands and after that Turkey played 3 more times. At that moment Naz was backrow player, so if he counts her touch as block, it's a mistake, and if he counts it as defense which he obviously did, it was 4 touches. That one was really bad, but apart from that...earlier there was the invasion call against Fürst, I think it was wrong too but such decisions always are about centimeters and Fürst simply should have let her hands away from the net, Naz was backrow player there too so she wouldn't have been allowed to attack anyway. And earlier in the set an ace by Apitz was given out but we were leading 5 points then, so that shouldn't have made an impact. It was totally and completely the team's fault (and Turkey team's effort) that the match turned around, so no need to put the blame on the referee when German reception collapses, attackers spike balls straight into the block etc :thumbdown:

• congratulations to Turkey! :win:
    I haven't seen the match still...so I'm making just a question...isn't that Germany decided to loose against Turkey, at least in the last part of the fourth set, in order to arrive second and avoid to face Russia in semifinals??

• FlyingDutch

do you think it would make a difference if Mejiner were in the Roster ?

Well, in general of course Floortje would strenghten our roster :win: but she isn't a good receiver either ;) Like Sloetjes, she is an orginal opposite.

I think the most complete Dutch OH will probably be Anne Buijs. She has problems in reception, but I'm sure she will improve. About her attack I'm not worried at all :D She will be a monster-attacker in a few years (she is only 20 yet).