Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• I think Korea will definitely benefit from having back their starting sette Sa-Nee but they're very weak at the middle blocking and opposite position. I don't think Russia or Serbia will have any problems with them outside of containing Y.K. Kim.

I wouldn't say those positions are "very weak". Left-handed Hwang (?) is not that bad as Opp, she's rather short but still attacks well, even from backrow. She might not be an Opp who can consistently score 25+ points but Korea doesn't need that beside Y.K.Kim. In MB they can have Se Young Kim and Dae Joung Yong (please forgive spelling errors :D ), both are very experienced players who are in NT since almost 10 years, they might also not be among the best of the world but I really think if Korea can combine their efforts they have a decent chance of finishing top 3. They will probably qualify also if they are not in top 3 because most likely Japan will be there so Korea would still be best Asian team besides them, but if both finish top 3, Thailand also would get a ticket instead of teams like Cuba or Serbia who will most likely finish ahead of Thailand but might miss top 3 because of Korea...

• Should I understand that in this situation THA will go to London instead of Serbia ?

• Should I understand that in this situation THA will go to London instead of Serbia ?

Yes. And it would be no fair. But those are the rules.

• At the end of the match Peru-Colombia, Mauro Marasciulo Colombia NT coach, said that it will be good if Montaño plays in Brazil at Superliga because she's been playing 3 years in Korea.
    I think he will do something and Montaño will play at Superliga. I'm pretty sure.

Bu didnt she already reniewed with her team in Korea?

• Bu didnt she already reniewed with her team in Korea?

Uhmm I didn't know anything about that, but by the words of Mauro, he would prefer that Montaño plays at brazilian superleague.

• "The joint AVC and World Women’s Olympic Qualification Tournament offers four vacancies to the Olympic Games. The top three teams will book a place at London 2012 followed by the best Asian team, which will join them as per the Asian Confederation vacancy."

With all do respect, this is just ridiculous. That means If Japan ends fisrt and I dont know Korea enters third, they will quali as World Qualification, and Tailand If end 6th or something like that quali as Asian Team?

Why all continental champonships happen before World Quali and Asian one happens after it?

It is so ridiculous! Should be the contrary, The first Asian Team quali as Asian Team, and the first three quali as World Quali, being the place fiving to the fourth in case of Asian Team also in between the first 3.

FIVB Anoys me sometimes! :wall:

• I wouldn't say those positions are "very weak". Left-handed Hwang (?) is not that bad as Opp, she's rather short but still attacks well, even from backrow. She might not be an Opp who can consistently score 25+ points but Korea doesn't need that beside Y.K.Kim. In MB they can have Se Young Kim and Dae Joung Yong (please forgive spelling errors :D ), both are very experienced players who are in NT since almost 10 years, they might also not be among the best of the world but I really think if Korea can combine their efforts they have a decent chance of finishing top 3. They will probably qualify also if they are not in top 3 because most likely Japan will be there so Korea would still be best Asian team besides them, but if both finish top 3, Thailand also would get a ticket instead of teams like Cuba or Serbia who will most likely finish ahead of Thailand but might miss top 3 because of Korea...

kim se young is out !!
    because talented Yang Hyo Jin is back after a long break for injury...
    Kim se young blocks well but she attacks as air...Yang Hyo Jin is definitely a better comebacker to fill up this key position...
    korea is holding great hope to reach top 3 this year. good luck

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• But don't worry, this is the last time we'll see something like that.
    Qualification tournaments will be different to qualify Rio 21016

• Everything aside, the tournament that will be held in Japan seems totally nonsense to me. What an easy way to get Olympic tickets. Imagine that 4 tickets distributing to the teams at the top of the ranking list like a gift. Life is beautiful if you are at top places...

• Anyone knows anything about this tournament broadcastings?

• :lol: :lol:

I hate FIVB really, because of their stupid rules.. :down: :down:

• why dont i know much about Montana? (if she is tha great :D ) why isnt she that famous? or is she?

btw,. Do you think Kim Yeon has become a better player after one year of experience in Europe?

actually what she needs is some efficient support from her teammates....volleyball is still a teamwork sport
    i dont think she might have improved a lot after a period of abroad career.
    but her reputation and individual value are sharply soaring indeed.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• I wouldn't say those positions are "very weak". Left-handed Hwang (?) is not that bad as Opp, she's rather short but still attacks well, even from backrow. She might not be an Opp who can consistently score 25+ points but Korea doesn't need that beside Y.K.Kim. In MB they can have Se Young Kim and Dae Joung Yong (please forgive spelling errors :D ), both are very experienced players who are in NT since almost 10 years, they might also not be among the best of the world but I really think if Korea can combine their efforts they have a decent chance of finishing top 3. They will probably qualify also if they are not in top 3 because most likely Japan will be there so Korea would still be best Asian team besides them, but if both finish top 3, Thailand also would get a ticket instead of teams like Cuba or Serbia who will most likely finish ahead of Thailand but might miss top 3 because of Korea...

Comparatively speaking, Hwang is weak. Of the top 20 teams in the world, she'd definitely be amongst the lowest 5. That to me is weak. Same thing goes for their MB's. Se Young Kim is experienced but adds nothing on attack. She essentially tips or taps the ball every time and is easily defended. Dae Joung Yong is better on offense by no means even approach the level of Krsmanovic or Rasic. Serbia may not be at the top of its form but even with their B team they should handle Korea. Korea has a one dimensional offense and as good as Kim is it doesn't translate to wins for the team.

• why dont i know much about Montana? (if she is tha great :D ) why isnt she that famous? or is she?

btw,. Do you think Kim Yeon has become a better player after one year of experience in Europe?

No offense, but there are plenty of stars that play outside of Turkey :) We have very few users on this board from Asia and the content is always dominated by the European Leagues but if you've seen her play at all you'd realize that she may just be the most athletic woman playing the game in the entire world right now.

As far as Kim goes I think she made natural improvement but not so much different than what she was before. As is the same case with Montano, few people follow the Asian leagues and therefore were unfamiliar with her play but she has been playing for the Korean NT for quite sometime and putting up ridiculous numbers.

• I watched some of Montana's videos on youtube and I must say I am really impressed..She seems to be a great attacker and she has monster power and athletics abilities...

@The USAFAN

Can Montana receive?

• I'd add Korea to that list if they bring all their best players, and judging from their roster for GP it seems they will...with Y.K.Kim they have one of the best players worldwide and if she can get the best possible teammates, Korea can finish Top 3.

Yes, Matthias agree Korea can be considered but .. is Kim able to play on high level for seven matches ?

• Everything aside, the tournament that will be held in Japan seems totally nonsense to me. What an easy way to get Olympic tickets. Imagine that 4 tickets distributing to the teams at the top of the ranking list like a gift. Life is beautiful if you are at top places...

Tournament looks easy but ... it's not true ! I remember four years ago how difficult was to be in top three for Poland and Serbia. This year's will be even harder (Russia and Serbia are not in best shape, Japan as host always dangerous additionally Korea, Cuba, Peru and Thailand) !