Italy Serie A 2010-11

• Foppa!!!! :dance6:
    Great game and really a very exciting third set. Congratulations Foppa!! :super: !

• I understand where you're coming from Aguerro and don't worry not offended. My response was more geared to Jaco. However, yes I am a big fan but I realize that Hodge has many shortcomings and areas that she needs to improve. I just think fans expect too much too soon and don't really give players the benefit of the doubt. And what you said about Ortolani is exactly what I just said! :)

You are right - we need to give players time to develop and not expect too much too soon. :) Megan has already shown enough to show that she is going to be a great player.

• wow, congratulations Foppa. They deserve to win this game. I'm sad though that Villa lost.

• The stats are quite different to some stats Rai showed during the match for some players, for example they showed at some time during 3rd set that Anzanello had 33% (3/9) in attack, and while watching I had the impression that Villa's middles attacked much more balls than these stats say. Also for Hodge Rai showed a lower attack % close to the end of the match, something below 30%.

• Hodge has been pulled from the SR formation for almost the entire season. At this time, attacking is the best thing that Hodge does, and obviously the coach wants to maximize her in that capacity. She did have some good offensive number matches,but not good at all. My whole beef with Hodge stems from her lack of consistency. She is still very error prone in many aspects of the game. I don't think she will beat out Larson for the OH2 position in the near future.

Also have to give credits to Cruz. IMO, she is the main reason why Villa Cortese are there playing in the finals.

• Piccinini asked today in her blog that all Foppa supporters tomorrow draw a heart in their arms, like they did yesterday. ^^

She said that is their motto, to put all their heart inside court.

She wrote: ...."And we won....with our heart! Yes because our motto its this: we did put all our heart inside court cause we want Foppa dream to come true. And we draw in our arms so we would never forget.........And tomorrow I want to see everybody with a heart draw in your arms, in your faces....my heart, our hearts, your hearts...all united for one only goal."
    :heart:

She is a real capitan!

Go Foppa!!! :super:

• Picci ! :flower: She's not only great player, but great captain and real heart of the team !
    and btw. the idea with drawing hearts is fantastic :)
    :heart:

• I understand where you're coming from Aguerro and don't worry not offended. My response was more geared to Jaco. However, yes I am a big fan but I realize that Hodge has many shortcomings and areas that she needs to improve. I just think fans expect too much too soon and don't really give players the benefit of the doubt. And what you said about Ortolani is exactly what I just said! :)

Hahaha, you are very stubborn:))) I never mentioned that Ortolani is great player and don't really think that her play will change a lot in future. To be honest I have impression that now more players starts their career (in the meaning of being quality player) later. Especially in USA and Poland. However if you compare Hodge and i.e. Hooker, everyone can see who is better. And their career path is quite similar. And Hooker had still less experience as OH in world area than Hodge. And it will be very difficult for Hodge to enter starting six of US team. Maybe in few years when L. Tom leaves the team, but until this time US will find better OH than Hodge I think.

• Foppa ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(
    poorly today :( unfortunetely !! :wall:
    Hodge was unstoppable, congrats
    Come on girls, fight till the end !! :super:

• I swear this final series is just amazing and showcasing some really amazing volleyball. What a reverse/ today Villa did exactly to Bergamo what happened to them last match, they totally dominated them! Good to see Megan Hodge playing well, and Aguero - what can I say - she is like a volleyball queen!! Seeing her play like this I just Babollini to go back to her and beg her to come back and play, at least for the olympics! Much better play from Berg!

Italian league the best inthe world for sure - this is volleyball at a very high level!

• what a match. ı am very happy that cortese won today. ı hope that they will be champion on monday....
    ı really like berg... team looked like a machine....