2013 European Championship - Germany and Switzerland

• Russia had a lot of trouble in the first two sets, especially Chaplina with her bad reception and Matienko went back to her " "true form" :wall: . In third and fourth set Russia played much better with Pankova as main setter and Pasynkova in reception.
    Morozova stll be a Queen of blocking :rose: but she has to adjust to Marichev's new attacking tactics. we should give her time.

Marichev let all players played today. Malykh did a decent job . Dianskaya still had a problem with blocking because lacking ability of anticipation ,hope she will get better :box: .

Next match with Croatia gonna be an interesting match.

• Croatia has good individuals and if they can combine this with team-play then they can achieve good results,better than expected ones.
    there are interesting teams : Bulgaria-Czech R. and CRoatia and maybe Belgium...

• I missed the matches :aww: Is there a place where I can watch them, especially Turkey - The Netherlands game? Laola's new website is weird and really difficult to find something there :gone:

• Croatia has good individuals and if they can combine this with team-play then they can achieve good results,better than expected ones.
    there are interesting teams : Bulgaria-Czech R. and CRoatia and maybe Belgium...

Croatia has very good individuals but they work very well as a team too, they have a great team spirit there,this season they're highly motivated and determined, I wish they will show their great volleyball in this tournament

• Unfortunately I could watch only Germany's match, looks like I missed a lot today :S It shows once again that Europe has the highest density of good teams!
    I was somewhat disappointed with Spain, only in 3rd set they showed some resistance and especially their veteran players were not as good as they could be. As for Germany, it's hard to judge anything based on this match, but several players definitely look better than during WGP. Tomorrow will be the first real test, but Dutch team will probably be exhausted. It was quite hot today in Germany and according to the German TV commentator it was about 35° in the hall today :white:

• Organisation could be better, stats from Pool B and from POL-CZE hasn't appeared yet :whistle: :mad:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• obviously , i'm the only one here that waste his time watching France vs Belgium ...
    and you have right to not take care about this game : it was just horrible, ugly, a real drama for volleyball. France was so weak after first set, its just shameous for french volleyball lovers! technical mystakes, no serve, unforced errors, no coaching, no fighting spirit, nothing!
    shame on our federation to : France is ranked 42th by fivb and belgium 39th, during the qualification the 2 teams was so close , as in the 3 last years. but this summer Belgium play around 30 international games and work hard all the summer (and they have plan because they will host euro 2015) and in the same time france play only 10 games (include mediteranean games, what a joke !), no european league and more than 5 weeks off during the summer. and now thats the result !

Les pieds dans le fumier, mais toujours le verbe haut et la tête droite ! Cocorico !

• It's the second time ever that I appear in a female topic in inside-volley. I don't really follow the girls and don't know much about what's going on in the ECH right now, but wanted to congratulate the fans of the Bulgarian NT. I heard Serbia is still a reigning champion and maybe this victory is indeed a big deal for these girls, especially after the surprisingly good Grand Prix. I think the male players from our NT should learn from the girls how to not surrender in important moments as the female representation looks way more solid psychologically. OK, I won't say more, I don't wanna embarrass myself by saying something stupid or wrong :)

• obviously , i'm the only one here that waste his time watching France vs Belgium ...
    and you have right to not take care about this game : it was just horrible, ugly, a real drama for volleyball. France was so weak after first set, its just shameous for french volleyball lovers! technical mystakes, no serve, unforced errors, no coaching, no fighting spirit, nothing!
    shame on our federation to : France is ranked 42th by fivb and belgium 39th, during the qualification the 2 teams was so close , as in the 3 last years. but this summer Belgium play around 30 international games and work hard all the summer (and they have plan because they will host euro 2015) and in the same time france play only 10 games (include mediteranean games, what a joke !), no european league and more than 5 weeks off during the summer. and now thats the result !

you're right about preparations..

• looks like I missed a lot today

Including a major talking point involving Dutch setters… I would have loved to have heard your thoughts :teach:

It sounds from this report (In Dutch - Thanks Marieke :thumbsup: ) that Vermeulen is standing by Stoltenborg and blaming the poor reception for the first two sets. Here's the key bit:

"The pass in the first two sets came unfavourably high on the net tape and Femke could not exploit her strengths. Laura with her experience is better at finding the solutions and also we can play a different game. It is always difficult for an opponent and that was the case again. "

• Is there anyone here who still keeps thinking Grothues is better than Stam? :whistle:

Stam can score during tiebreak,but Grothues can not.
    Stam is a fighting soilder.

• Matienko injuried her right thumb. She went to the hospital after the game, and seems that is was not a simple thing..so she might miss the rest of the tournament.

they will have a better diagnosis later.

http://volleyball.sport-express.ru/news/2013-09-07/614126/

She got that injury in the 2nd set from blocking the ball at the score 5-6 . Hope she gets well soon even though she's out of this tourney.
    Some interesting things in Russia team .
    - Kosheleva and Morozova with new serving style ( jump float serve), It's quite effective :box: .
    - Kosheleva's new hair style and Shlyakhovaya from blond to brunette :mirror: .

• Including a major talking point involving Dutch setters… I would have loved to have heard your thoughts :teach:

It sounds from this report (In Dutch - Thanks Marieke :thumbsup: ) that Vermeulen is standing by Stoltenborg and blaming the poor reception for the first two sets. Here's the key bit:

"The pass in the first two sets came unfavourably high on the net tape and Femke could not exploit her strengths. Laura with her experience is better at finding the solutions and also we can play a different game. It is always difficult for an opponent and that was the case again. "

I was in Gerry Weber Stadion and it was great atmosphere! First two sets Holland played so nervous! Pass was terrible, because of that set was terrible etc
    But I'm proud of my girls, they showed their spirit, fightin till the end. And they take one point from Turkye.... :woohoo:

Hopefully Dutchies are starting way better then yesterday, then they can beat Germany, I wasn't impressed by their play yesterday.

May be one problem: looks like Anne was injured,she was walking really bad after match, hopefully nothing serious :obey:

Can't wait to see the match against Germany this day!! Should be fun with more then 12000 crazy people in the hall! :dance4: