2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• Lotman was always ignored by every coach in national team, even when they didn't have Sander. Pity of this guy, his fate in club is the same...

• Makes this group a little bit interesting, although favorites are sure to go through anyway

I am not so sure about this yet...... It looks like, on their day, every team (besides Puerto Rico?) is capable of winning each game. And in second round probably Poland/Serbia/Argentina are waiting. There is not much room for tactical games and playing the subs. We will see how it will affect the third round......

• I am not so sure about this yet...... It looks like, on their day, every team (besides Puerto Rico?) is capable of winning each game. And in second round probably Poland/Serbia/Argentina are waiting. There is not much room for tactical games and playing the subs. We will see how it will affect the third round......

forgive the ignorance... why do you say this about second round ? Will pools A and D be combined? I am still confused about this system and what will happen in the second round? It seems Russia have the easiest draw though...

• A will be matched with D and B with C :teach:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I have just noticed Brazil´s pool is a joke :white:

• A will be matched with D and B with C :teach:

Thanks for clarifying :wavy:

• I have just noticed Brazil´s pool is a joke :white:

I wouldnt go that far - you could say that about Russia's group but Germany, Korea and Cuba are very good teams who can cause upsets of the best teams at any time - certainly take sets off them. I think Russia will have made so many points by the time they get to round 2 that it wont affect them as much.

• forgive the ignorance... why do you say this about second round ? Will pools A and D be combined? I am still confused about this system and what will happen in the second round? It seems Russia have the easiest draw though...

I like this overview: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2…en%27s_World_Championship

How easy it will be for Russia/Brazil in 2nd round will depend on German/Bulgarian/Finnish performances........

• I like this overview: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2…en%27s_World_Championship

How easy it will be for Russia/Brazil in 2nd round will depend on German/Bulgarian/Finnish performances........

Thanks - the wikipedia page is much clearer and better than the actual main site! :)

• Hi guys!
    I've got a question: do you know where I can watch today's match Iran-Italy?;)

• I am so pissed off by the IT of this WCh. Where are the stats!!!

Not only you are pissed off, why on earth didn't they leave system from all previous competitions :mad: all was perfect and all it's awful now :mad: I worry that it'll be the same for Women's WCh ;(

• I've just read an article about why Bulgaria brought a 3rd setter to Poland. Seganov is registered as a 2nd libero. As such, Bozhilov could go to a match as a regular passer, and therefore may team up with Salparov to form a double defensive force in the back court.

I recall that Bulgaria did the same at wch 2006, using an OH quota to bring Peev.

• I've just read an article about why Bulgaria brought a 3rd setter to Poland. Seganov is registered as a 2nd libero. As such, Bozhilov could go to a match as a regular passer, and therefore may team up with Salparov to form a double defensive force in the back court.

I recall that Bulgaria did the same at wch 2006, using an OH quota to bring Peev.

That is correct. Seganov is supposed to train with the team but will not be used unless in case of an injury/ies.

• So Seganov is almost on a trip :wacko: better would be have Vlado Nikolov, because Milushev doesn't have so much experience and skills...

• I wouldnt go that far - you could say that about Russia's group but Germany, Korea and Cuba are very good teams who can cause upsets of the best teams at any time - certainly take sets off them. I think Russia will have made so many points by the time they get to round 2 that it wont affect them as much.

In Brazil´s pool, the only contender is Germany. Unfortunately, Cuba´s level has dropped so much. They are just a shadow of the 2010´s team which beat Brazil, Serbia and Bulgaria.
    Germany < Bulgaria
    Cuba << Canada
    Tunisia < Egypt
    Korea > = China
    Finland > Mexico