The best city you've been to...

• It's a very nice topic you guys opened :) My job requires me to travel for now, but mainly inside Germany, where I have studied (in Bremen), but to me the best German cities are Munich (where I am living now) and Hamburg. There are a lot of places I want to visit, I have only been abroad to Central Europe, to me the best place I visited in Europe so far is Vienna, Switzerland is also very nice during both the summer and the winter :) Milan is also a lovely city, but I would prefer more Rome if I have the chance to go there some day!

I am from Bourgas - a town on the Black Sea coast of Bulgaria, I go back home at least twice a year for a few weeks, I read some of you want to come to Bulgaria soon, we can arrange something ;) Otherwise, I will be happy to welcome you any time in Munich :D

• Raaaakija :D Even though I haven't been to Croatia (yet :D ), I was lucky to taste it. Yes, it's smashing, just like Becherovka :D

Rakija :rolll: :drink: U can make rakija from everything you want, even ear of corn, it's called KLIPARA :rolll: rakija have same name every ex-YU republic, everyone is drinking rakija here :rolll:

Awesome thread, I must say!
    Finally, my lovely and favourite Croatia. For me every single city I saw in this country was breathtaking :heart:

:drink: :whistle:

Well I've traveled a lot around Europe so it's hard to pick best destination. I was in Spain (Madrid and Barcelona), Andorra, France (Cote d' Azur - Cannes, Nice), Holland (Amsterdam, Alkmaar), Switzerland (Lausanne, Geneve, Bern, Zurich, Basel, Luzern, Davos, St.Moritz), Liechtenstein, Germany (Frankfurt am Main, Munich), Italy (Milano, Verona, Venezia, Rimini, Ravenna, Ferrara), San Marino (great place :thumbup: ), Slovenia (Ljubljana, Maribor), Austria (Vienna, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Klagenfurt), Hungary (Budapest), Bosnia and Herzegovina (Sarajevo, Bihać)..

If I have to pick where was great I would say San Marino, Switzerland (especially Geneve, Bern and Luzern), Vienna and Klagenfurt (beaufiful lakes around Klagenfurt), Verona, Ravenna and Ferarra (beautiful historic cities) and Sarajevo. I dont remember Amsterdam since I was very young.

I've intention to go in Russia and take a ride over Trans-Siberian railway all the way to Vladivostok, then Finland and their lakes, Baltic states (Estonia, Latvia and Lithania), Poland (especially Gdansk) and finally Turkey. In next 1-2 years I should go to Vancouver, Canada..that should be a nice trip :whistle:

• Croatians, you lucky dudes! When I was in Zagreb, I didn't want to leave there at all and just wished for god that I could stay there for a long time...definitely not like a week.

Actually,one of my best friends is from Croatia and He told me that I would never regret to go to Croatia,because It's definitely worth to visit and he was absolutely right. now he's gone to croatia and no longer stays in Sweden...I'd love to visit there again.
    I love Croatia :rose: It's one of the most beautiful countries in the world In my opinion.

• Milan is also a lovely city, but I would prefer more Rome if I have the chance to go there some day!

Yes, Rome is better than Milan

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• WARSAW
    I have found and met the love of my life there. So...it is the best city for me :D
    I also liked Ravenna and Verona and Italy.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Nooooooo. Milan is way better than Rome :whistle: at least for me!

Milan is a BEAUTIFUL city!!!!!!!.............better than Rome????mmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhh.....i don't know.......it depends!!!(I'm from Milan)

Non lasciare mai che la paura di perdere ti impedisca di partecipare!!

29th - Prediction Game - Women's European Championship 2011

• The best city I've been was Las Vegas.
    http://imageshack.us/f/402/dsc0138oy.jpg/
    You could see the whole Vegas from this tower- it was more than 300 m high.
    However, the best and the most beautiful place I've been was Provence in south-eastern France. Great place, especially its lavender fields ^^

• Milan is a BEAUTIFUL city!!!!!!!.............better than Rome????mmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhh.....i don't know.......it depends!!!(I'm from Milan)

Of course in my opinion!!!!

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Rakija :rolll: :drink: U can make rakija from everything you want, even ear of corn, it's called KLIPARA :rolll: rakija have same name every ex-YU republic, everyone is drinking rakija here :rolll:

It's awful but everyone is drinking it. And what is the phenomenom of this liquor... ?( Smashing as hell. I remember how we tasted almost every liquor on a stall on the Croatian street. The seller was too polite and let us try everything so I was a little bit drunk after about five minutes especially 'cause the last liquor I tasted was rakija - then our teachers appeared on the horizon... :whistle:
    And I have no idea why the hell every person on this trip bought rakija. It was the worst thing ever and everyone just bought it! In wholesale quantities. Girls from my room hide it in the oven. A beautiful evening came. Teachers arrived. They found in the oven for about twenty bottles of rakija. Lovely.

Croatians, you lucky dudes! When I was in Zagreb, I didn't want to leave there at all and just wished for god that I could stay there for a long time...definitely not like a week.

Actually,one of my best friends is from Croatia and He told me that I would never regret to go to Croatia,because It's definitely worth to visit and he was absolutely right. now he's gone to croatia and no longer stays in Sweden...I'd love to visit there again.
    I love Croatia :rose: It's one of the most beautiful countries in the world In my opinion.

Yeeees. I have to agree :roll: Nothing can change my love for this country. Even rock beaches. I just love Croatia. So many nice memories. Dream place :heart:
    And two years passed, since I was there... It's too much time for such lover of Croatia like me.

• It's awful but everyone is drinking it. And what is the phenomenom of this liquor... ?( Smashing as hell. I remember how we tasted almost every liquor on a stall on the Croatian street. The seller was too polite and let us try everything so I was a little bit drunk after about five minutes especially 'cause the last liquor I tasted was rakija - then our teachers appeared on the horizon... :whistle:
    And I have no idea why the hell every person on this trip bought rakija. It was the worst thing ever and everyone just bought it! In wholesale quantities. Girls from my room hide it in the oven. A beautiful evening came. Teachers arrived. They found in the oven for about twenty bottles of rakija. Lovely.

It's traditional liqour in Croatia so you can't avoid it. In all circumstances you drink rakija :birth, birthdays, celebrations, mourning and death etc. Every women or man drank rakija at leat 5-10 times in thier lifes. Well it's not that bad, there are really expensive bottles of rakija and with really good taste. What you have bought it's probably some bad rakija (slang for bad rakija is brlja :rolll: ) because if get drunk with quality rakija shouldnt have hangover next morning ;)

Making of rakija :whistle: :wavy:

• It's awful but everyone is drinking it. And what is the phenomenom of this liquor... ?( Smashing as hell. I remember how we tasted almost every liquor on a stall on the Croatian street. The seller was too polite and let us try everything so I was a little bit drunk after about five minutes especially 'cause the last liquor I tasted was rakija - then our teachers appeared on the horizon... :whistle:

Rakiya is a national symbol in Bulgaria :lol: I don't know a Bulgarian who doesn't drink rakiya :D It is just so much more than tradition.... :drink:
    Actually that reminded me of a recent discovery of Bulgarian archeologists who, while excavating in the historical hill Trapezitsa (Veliko Tarnovo), they found a cup from the 14th century on which is engraved in medieval Bulgarian the following sign: "On this feast I drank rakiya" :rolll: I just couldn't beleive my eyes when I saw the sign on the TV :lol:

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Sorry, I don't really have anything new to say, besides the fact that this:

they found a cup from the 14th century on which is engraved in medieval Bulgarian the following sign: "On this feast I drank rakiya" :rolll:

totally craked me up :obey: :obey: :rolll: :rolll:

• Sorry, I don't really have anything new to say, besides the fact that this:

totally craked me up :obey: :obey: :rolll: :rolll:

I know, I know :lol: But it is true :cheesy:

And now to share my poor expirience -the only foreign city I have been to for now is Thessaloniki, Greece - and I can say I liked it, especially the central part and the alley along the Tower - I spent very pleasent time there. But I have decided to catch up with visiting more places, because I just love travelling! :heart:
    In Bulgaria I feel really emotional bound with Varna, but I have to dissapoint you - it has nothing to do with volleyball :P , actually I connect it with my childhood and summers I have spent there with my cousins, the city was so beautiful to me than, but I haven't visited it for some years. Still it is one of the most beautiful in Bulgaria. But now my friends tell me that the other big city on the seecoast - Burgas has become amazing - with wonderful parks and streets - it has always been very nice city, but they told me that right now it is a farytale - I beleive them, why would they lie to me,right? :D
    And as for Sofia...I will may be write my impressions later in some other post ;)

Wild Wild West!

" There is nothing better than this"

But now my friends tell me that the other big city on the seecoast - Burgas has become amazing - with wonderful parks and streets - it has always been very nice city, but they told me that right now it is a farytale - I beleive them, why would they lie to me,right? :D

Yeah, why would they lie to you? :D Bourgas is the place to be ;)

• Bath/England
    Salzburg/Austria
    Füssen/Germany(small village,there is an amazing castle that name is Neuschwanstein Castle)

Wien(vienna) is one of the boring city for me ı have ever seen..people dont look happy in there, no smile no connection, and quite cold... maybe ı was there wrong times...

• What about the cities you didn't like?

Madrid (Spain) - I couldn't enjoy my stay. People were so rude and a load of shits on the street :lol: (Maybe I was at wrong place in wrong time...)
    Venice (Italy) - this city is amazingly beautiful, but too way touristic :mad:
    Aarhus (Denmark) - because of my personal problem :lol: but Aarhus is really beautiful. I recommend you guys to visit someday. It's the second biggest city in Danmark.

• ı would like to go palermo,napoli,malaga,havana and oslo (21 of june or 21 of december)
    too many places :)

Oslo is definitely amazing, and so is Malaga! I'm staying in Oslo as an exchange student(I'm Swedish) here and I always feel great. Although there's no huge difference between Sweden and Norway. Probably living in Norway is more expensive,but the way we live is not very different.
    Winter in Oslo is obviously amazing. too cold but worth to be :thumbup:

Malaga on the other hand has beautiful beaches. and fantastic weather. I haven't been in Malaga in Summer time, just in My winter holidays. You never feel freezed in winter in Malaga. I'd love to go back to Malaga so much. I miss the wine as well!
    I met a lot of ppl from Germany and Northen european people in Malaga,and It's getting popular for a space to go in Holidays :D

• What about the cities you didn't like?

Madrid (Spain) - I couldn't enjoy my stay. People were so rude and a load of shits on the street :lol: (Maybe I was at wrong place in wrong time...)
    Venice (Italy) - this city is amazingly beautiful, but too way touristic :mad:
    Aarhus (Denmark) - because of my personal problem :lol: but Aarhus is really beautiful. I recommend you guys to visit someday. It's the second biggest city in Danmark.

Venice is beautiful, i was there 4 times I think,but never on carnival :( but I cant imagine living there, only for one day to look and its enough :lol: