World Grand Prix 2012

• As far as I know, McCutcheon said that the B team would also play in final round and the main players stay training at home. But I think even USA's B team can beat all other teams in the tournament.

• I don't think anyone accused China of losing on purpose and everybody acknoledges their problems with injuries, but still it is annoying to see them play THAT bad in a match that is important for other teams, especially because in the previous matches their performance was better. The problem is not that they lost, but the way they did it, also because Brazil today also played quite weak except in 3rd set.

Yes they have improved, but their opponents so far in WGP have really been ridiculous. 2x ARG, 2x PUR, 1x DOM, 1x SRB B, 1x JPN B. The only stronger opponents they had were China and USA, and they lost both those matches, and even very clearly against USA's B team. It will be hard for them to win any match in final round, no matter what the formula is.

So what? If the opponents wil be tougher from now on? is it a succes for Thailand or not to be at final round? that matters. and they will use this opportunity to improve even more. ;)

• Did you forget that you didn't play with main players in order to discard Turkey in Olimpic Qualification at Baku :roll: I don't think Germany is that much innocent at all in history :whistle:

You definitely mix up something there. Germany played all matches in Baku with best team, because all matches except the first (vs AZE) and the final vs Turkey went over 5 sets. It was Poland who played with 2nd team against AZE to avoid Italy in semifinal and get Turkey instead, but they lost anyway.

And in case you mean the one WGP qualifier where Turkey was out because Germany lost 1:3 against some team (I don't remember which), some German players including Angelina Grün could not play this match due to food poisoning and that was definitely not any cover story!

So please, if you want to make accusations, you should research better at least ;)

• I think even FIVB doesn't know what to do in final round..I think there won't be round robin system because in FIVB site it is explained that there will be 2 groups includes 3 teams..

FIVB!! You suck one more time :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

• Did you forget that you didn't play with main players in order to discard Turkey in Olimpic Qualification at Baku :roll: I don't think Germany is that much innocent at all in history :whistle:

Another point is that I really don't understand this whining, you are blaming China because they didn't play as they are used to but you ignore the fact that Turkey also didn't play as they used to be, moreover at least China played with their best team (except injuried ones) whereas Turkey played most part of matches with bench players. Why don't you criticize this fact? Because it helps you?

I've except that Germany had a tougher schedule and it is not fair but criticizing one case which ruins your chance for final while being ok with the same case which help you get a hope for finals :roll:

i really dont understand being such against to germany :aww:and i dont know the others but at least im talking about the way of playing china not the players i really dont care which player is on the game and dont forget turkey used like 3 or 4 main players in the match with germany 8)

• You definitely mix up something there. Germany played all matches in Baku with best team, because all matches except the first (vs AZE) and the final vs Turkey went over 5 sets. It was Poland who played with 2nd team against AZE to avoid Italy in semifinal and get Turkey instead, but they lost anyway.

And in case you mean the one WGP qualifier where Turkey was out because Germany lost 1:3 against some team (I don't remember which), some German players including Angelina Grün could not play this match due to food poisoning and that was definitely not any cover story!

So please, if you want to make accusations, you should research better at least ;)

Actually, I love German team but it seems there was a deal between Poland and Germany that 3-1 victory for Poland will give both teams the ticket for Grand Prix! They won the first set and let Poland won the match :down:

About poisoning, I don't know why but in every competition Turkey hosts, one teams poisoned but the others not.(Russia claimed that they were poisoned in 2008 World Grand Prix qualifying tournament as well)

• I think even FIVB doesn't know what to do in final round..I think there won't be round robin system because in FIVB site it is explained that there will be 2 groups includes 3 teams..

FIVB!! You suck one more time :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

but they are already selling the tickets as round-robin system, so they cant change for that, cause how would be the people that bought the tickets for the games?

So I guess they in fact will do round robin system.

but I agree about what u wrote over FIVB, so much desorganization!!! Or at least desinformation! :thumbdown:

• but they are already selling the tickets as round-robin system, so they cant change for that, cause how would be the people that bought the tickets for the games?

So I guess they in fact will do round robin system.

but I agree about what u wrote over FIVB, so much desorganization!!! Or at least desinformation! :thumbdown:

It is really so ridicuolus! :thumbdown:

• http://www.fivb.org/EN/volleyb…2012/Schedule.asp?Phase=N

This is the schedule for the final round and it is seen that there will be round robin system! However I can't trust FIVB, they can change it immediately:D

And in this link which is still accessible on FIVB, it says there will be 2 groups system :lol: :lol:
    http://www.fivb.org/EN/volleyb…randPrix/2012/formula.asp

• WGP qualifier

Yeap, you are right, I mix the tournament but remember very well the fixed matches between Poland and Germany :roll: They got the score which is optimum case for both teams'qualification :whistle:

Anyway, still I claim that you cannot accuse of a team due to its under-performance while you get take advantage of another team's under-performance ;)

• Team Brazil in the final! 8) I do not think china lost on purpose, I think that Brazil played well but because they knew it was his last chance. Sorry for Germany, but ... against Brazil and China, did what had to win.
    I do not think the United States an unbeatable team. ;)
    Go Brazil! :super:

• http://www.fivb.org/viewPressR….asp?No=35601&Language=en

Soooo, round robin :rolll:

All six teams will play each other once before the table leaders will be crowned the 2012 World Grand Prix champions on Sunday.

• FIVB confused me again: in formula they writes that it will be 2 pools and now this schedule :aww: :call:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• USA B will win the WGP :whistling:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• This silly grand prix system is not new. You arguing about what? Unsteady schedules has being regulated every year and it becomes a part of this tournament anymore. Asian teams always being favored in any factors such as becoming host country that means no wasting time by journey or matching comparatively weaker opponents than that of their rivals. The schedule and rules were clear for every team before the tournament. But still, the same stories and the same discussions with no meanings.

Also reading some comments from some German fans about CHN-BRA game just after GER-TUR game seems really ironic. It is probably because of missing the finals. Calm down please and then think harder.

I think Robin-Round system is more fair than other group combinations. With this system every team will face everyone. On the other hand, real preparations for OG starting now. But 5 games over 5 days looking a bit scary. I hope every team will finish the final games with no injuries.

• :roll: In this case, many people here think like children. The only matches Germany lost were against USA's best team, number 1 in world ranking, and against Brazil (number 2 in world ranking) in Brazil. Look at Thailand's opponents and then tell me they would have reached final round if they had had the same opponents as Germany! Just look at their result against USA's 2nd team today :whistle:

Oh man :aww: i couldn't believe that you would say like that.I know we can't go to the final and I'm sad about it but it's not their fault to be in weaker pools ,there is nothing fair in this world today and you should accept it.They worked so hard to get the tickets and i really appreciate it.
    Besides,do you think that we can beat them easily? I don't think so cuz they both have different playing styles especially Thailand (I think they qualified to the final round last year too and ended up with rank 6),they can surprise us everytime.

• FIVB just want to see another team has a chance to go to the final round ,that's all .If you want the 6 strongest teams from the world ranking to be in the final then just pick them from the world ranking and put them in the final round ,no need to play another round anymore.