World Grand Prix 2012

• I think the way the brazilian players celebrate, usually, has nothing to do with the other teams they're playing against. Paula, Adenizía and Garay yell after a point to push themselves e their teammates harder, to let loose the tention so they can play better, to get the momentum to their side.

And surprises me to see that some people think brazilians had overconfidence, because in many matches they show the complete oposite, they respect too much, that's what bother many brazilian fans: the lacking of confidence of such a good team.

• I hope Italy will win at least one set in one of the next games vs USA, Brasil and Germany! :white:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• I hope Italy will win at least one set in one of the next games vs USA, Brasil and Germany! :white:

One set only you don't like them to win the entire match? 8|

• I think the way the brazilian players celebrate, usually, has nothing to do with the other teams they're playing against. Paula, Adenizía and Garay yell after a point to push themselves e their teammates harder, to let loose the tention so they can play better, to get the momentum to their side.

And surprises me to see that some people think brazilians had overconfidence, because in many matches they show the complete oposite, they respect too much, that's what bother many brazilian fans: the lacking of confidence of such a good team.

I think they had, but only in smaller events like WGP, when they faced Russia in WCH 2006/2010, then ofc we could see everything was just an illusion. I think Brazil obviously has a very good confidence when they face teams like Italy, China, Japan, Serbia, but when they face Russia and USA that can give them a match, they suddenly lose much of their mental strength.

• One set only you don't like them to win the entire match? 8|

Italy will not play with A team. I don't think we have any chance to win with USA or Brasil but with Germany we can do something more...

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• yes your team will spank germany :dance6:

• I think they had, but only in smaller events like WGP, when they faced Russia in WCH 2006/2010, then ofc we could see everything was just an illusion. I think Brazil obviously has a very good confidence when they face teams like Italy, China, Japan, Serbia, but when they face Russia and USA that can give them a match, they suddenly lose much of their mental strength.

I don't think we have problems with confidence when we face the USA, but Russia...
    Russia in the 2000's is like Cuba in the 90's for us. Such a nightmare. Hahaa.

• There is one change in polish team on second and probably third leg and eventually Finals. Martałek was replaced by Agnieszka Kąkolewska from Junior NT. She is middle blocker too and nearly 2 meters of height.

So in China are: Skorupa, Wołosz, Skowrońska-Dolata, Kaczor, Żebrowska, Kosek, Kasprzak, Sieczka, Bednarek-Kasza, Okuniewska, Tokarska, Kąkolewska, Maj and Strasz.

• It's not just risky. brazil OH for most of the past 2 years are unavailable because of injury. i don't think ze roberto will let that happen during OG. i'm pretty sure he'll make sure brazil has a lot of options in the outside positions.

• It's not just risky. brazil OH for most of the past 2 years are unavailable because of injury. i don't think ze roberto will let that happen during OG. i'm pretty sure he'll make sure brazil has a lot of options in the outside positions.

yeah I know it's quite impossible for bringing only 3 OHs. It's just a temporary list based on personal guessing and preference (I'm a fan of Mari :D ).
    I'm still waiting for more news about Sassa and Nati. However, I've made some adjustment.
    S: Fabíola and Fernandinha
    OPP: Sheilla and Mari
    OH: Fê Garay, Jaqueline, Paula, and Sassa/Nati
    MB: Adenízia, Fabiana and Thaísa
    L: Fabi

• In my opinion Fernandihna should be the first setter

• In my opinion Fernandihna should be the first setter

hehe, I hope so too, but I think that's not gonna happen.
    I've watched games in the 1st week, there're several times that she didn't set balls appropriately.
    She seems to lack of rapport with her teammates. Just give her more time and see what Ze Roberto will decide then.

• Izabela Zebrowska was very impressive during the 1st round, but another OH should be A player who can receive...Kasprzak played just terrible last week. her reception is awful and even in attack she was not helpful at all. Maj was also very unstable in reception. This is exactly why Poland missed Werblinska a lot. Even such an outstanding setter like Skorupa can't do many things with these crazy reception.
    I don't really think Kosek or Sieczka can solve this problem :roll: So...What is the solution?

• Izabela Zebrowska was very impressive during the 1st round, but another OH should be A player who can receive...Kasprzak played just terrible last week. her reception is awful and even in attack she was not helpful at all. Maj was also very unstable in reception. This is exactly why Poland missed Werblinska a lot. Even such an outstanding setter like Skorupa can't do many things with these crazy reception.
    I don't really think Kosek or Sieczka can solve this problem :roll: So...What is the solution?

Unfortunately we haven't solution :call: :white: Kasprzak is horrible receiver, the same is with Sieczka - in last matches in PlusLiga even Kożuch and Konieczna replaced her on reception. Kosek was better receiver but now she is struggling with it, she is far way better 2 years ago. In China there are no more OH's left so Poland may have porblems with reception again :mad: I don't even mention attempts in NT with Kaczor as OH, but it didn't give good results. In PlusLiga also Okuniewska was tried as OH, but it was caused by many injuries in Bielsko. From others in roster there are also 3 OH's: Podolec - but she isn't good receiver - she was better before injuries, Ela Skowrońska plays quite good, but now she is also struggling with some injuries and there is Kaczorowska, but her topic is known - always promising talent, maybe she isn't bad, but because of one man in Poland many people laughs at her :lol: Werblińska can't help because she decided to take care of her health. This time could help Aleksandra Jagieło, but she is just after giving a birth, moreover she resigned from NT :(

Conclusion: Without Ania Werblińska our reception level is dramatically low and we have no players who can replace her on reception.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• i still prefer mari on the outside, though. the sheilla-mari duo was once unstoppable. i miss those days when sheilla and mari were on top of their game, interchanging back and forth in the opposite/outside positions... very difficult to block and dig. not to mention both are really good blockers as well and can attack anywhere in court (back rows included). i don't know what happened but i thought mari has solved her reception problem last 2008/2009. ;(

• sorry what do you mean?? I'm way too curious :lol:

On polish forum plusligakobiet.pl there is a man called Wojciech Kubiak who really adores Klaudia. He's also big spamer and he gets on other users' nerves. That's the reason why Klaudia isn't liked by many Poles although her play isn't so bad but she still have to improve or else she will remain as always promising talent like Marcin Bachleda in skijumping :lol:

• BTW I hate the time of the matches!!!

• BTW I hate the time of the matches!!!

I know what do you mean: 2 italian matches will be played at night, fortunately this with Germany you can watch, but it's the least interesting.