Italian NT 2012

• I totally agree with samba player...it is time for a new cicle, anyway I hope that Players like Lo Bianco, Cardullo Piccinin and Costagrande would still remain at least till 2014...anyway now space to new young talents...I want Serena Ortolani to be first OPP at 100%, great trust on her...I believe she can show her best! as setter I would keep Leo and a young talented girl as sub..my favourite is Camera than I would say Bechis..

coach Pedullà as samba player wrote! (I hope)...

• What about Barboline? will he still be the coach?

• its strange that i have noticed that i didnt know her first name....Lina!!! she has always been DEL CORE for me.. :lol:

Her first name is Antonella but to some Italian names is added a suffix as diminutive, in this case it is -lina to Antonella that become Antonellina, for friends only Lina XD

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• What about Barboline? will he still be the coach?

i want to know as well. i wish him to be axed (sorry... :whistling: ) but if this happen who are the possible contenders for coach?

• I don't think he will still be the coach of the NT because Italian federation did not want that someone coach 2 teams at the same time and he will be GSMP coach

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• Antonella ---> Antonellina
    Rossella ---> Rossellina
    Angela ---> Angelina
    Stella ---> Stellina
    Giovanna ---> Giovannina
    Fonte ---> Fontina
    ... and so on!

Lina, Nina and Tina are very common.
    -ina means something like "little". This is just a little transformation, I can spend the whole night writing this kind of things....

• I've translated into English Piccinini's interview:

Your last Olympic adventure didn't end up well.
    "It was disappointing, there are no other words. We weren't a group, there wasn't harmony among us and nothing has been done to improve this situation, so sad. How many months have passed since then? Still nobody has done an analysis of our final result, nobody taking responsibility of it or trying to explain why. This is at least weird."

Did you try to give your opinion?
    "It wasn't the case to waste time, I knew it couldn't go better than this. I spoke with some of the people and told them what I thought, that's all. We weren't well prepared for London, and we weren't concentrated."

Are you saying this because you weren't in Starting-Six?
    "I behaved like a professional player, despite I wasn't considerated I tried to resist and I avoided to create more troubles, the truth is that everybody was going its own way."

At 33 years old do you think you will stay in NT?
    "I wish so. We'll see what happens, so far it's not even sure whether the coach will be confirmed or not"

Your future in the NT depends on this?
    "Now he works in Turkey, we'll see what happens.. If he's confirmed it wouldn't be a good idea for me to stay. I love Italian NT and I think new fresh air is needed, by making a mix of old and new young players and regaining some enthusiasm."

You're saying so even if you are one of the oldest.
    "Although I feel like I still have a lot to give to the NT, I'd be happy if there will be new young players who can take my place. I'm not like some of my team-mates who make a psychologic war against the new youngsters as soon as they join the team. I don't fear competition. This is what I meant before. There was a very bad climate in London, but I don't want to make the names now. For me it would be enough if somebody looked at our failure and realize that this didn't happen by chance."

Female teams look so full of rivalries. Is this true or false?
    "When there was Cacciatori our dualism wasn't real, it was something artificial built-up by medias. The truth is that we were very respectful of each other and I looked at her career with a big admiration. I wish all rivals were like this. But actually female locker rooms are not so complicated. Maybe you don't make true friends in there, but I have found great complicities."

• Thank you very much for translating :flower: :flower:

The things she describes are not nice to read :S

• We as fans want some explaination about the situation in the NT. There is no trasparency. What happened in the team? Who is the boss - the coach or some players? Why it was avoided in every way to let Ortolani play? Why Ferretti, Centoni and Guiggi were not called in the last years? Why Anzanello and Rinieri were not permitted to take part of Olympics in 2008 and Anzanello and Ortolani in 2012?

• Ferretti "played" in the last ECH

The boss are Del Core and Gioli. It seems they persuade the coach

• There are rumors about it from ages and it seems true... I know this could hardly be believed but in Italy is a common topic

• BTW, the official reason why Ferretti is out is that she did not get on well with Barbolini
    Barbolini never liked Ortolani.... The opposite before her were stronger (Togut, Aguero) and after Tai left the NT Barbolini try Costagrande, Gioli, Lucia and Caterina as opposite instead of let Ortolani on the court
    I think Guiggi is not in the team because Gioli did not want her or another moddle that hit the slide attack......... We play with Gioli and Arrighetti and on the bench in most cases there are Anzanello or Barazza (both hit the one)

• @ Loca

So, Gioli and Del Core cause a really bad atmosphere in the team...and they have more power than Barbolini.

It seems to me Gioli is a very dominant character/person..no surprise..but Del Core ??? :white: