The 2013 CEV Champions League

• Turkish League currently is the best one they have best players compared to oponents and i belive either Eczacibasi or Vakifbank will be Cev champions other teams are simply no match for them sad but true

• Ari
    Uralochka ?
    Of course they are fav now for the 2nd place. The team made 2 good games so far.
    And if I read correctly everybody said the game Uralochka/ VGI has been the best one of this leg.

• Yes true, but Calderon simply was on another level today, she can kill the ball from any situation. It would be really interesting to see GS vs Rabita, Calderon vs Montano :super:

i like this match up they have the same type of playing style :box:

• well as they both can't recieve well, they could play in starting six together only in a Chiappini team :lol:

Those two players can make so many points, no problem.

• Turkish League currently is the best one they have best players compared to oponents and i belive either Eczacibasi or Vakifbank will be Cev champions other teams are simply no match for them sad but true

Agree;
    After the 2 first legs Ecza and VGI look as the 2 European fortresses.
    But ... the final is scheduled in April !

• Carducat,
    I just say that imo they will not only keep the level of those two games but will become stronger and will give everything in CL (not as I thought 2 weeks ago in russian league)
    But they maybe wont win a set instanbul :)

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

• it's noted, ari
    :wavy:
    ok, I quite understood

• So the stats ...
    Calderon 27 Oszoy 20 Gioli 19 , all 3 around 50 % in attack
    Bauer 14 (55%) ... Kozuch 11 (19 %)
    Busto not better than G. in reception

• Those two players can make so many points, no problem.

same thing with the cuban team of the 90's reception was not so good but combination of luis and bell made up for it :lol:

• Leoooooooo :super:

Gala play better in reception today but Leo still have to run miles and to fly to aim for the second touch but they play well... They deserve to win and they won

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Actually in the 90s Cuban reception was pretty good and with Carvajal and Torres they also had two real towers in the middle who scored a lot...so not really a suitable comparison ;)

you forgot about fernandez and mirka francia :D

• Simona " Murone "Gioli 6 / Busto Arsizio 6 :dance6: :thumbsup: :thumbup: :whistle:

• Simona " Murone "Gioli 6 / Busto Arsizio 6 :dance6: :thumbsup: :thumbup: :whistle:

AHAHAH

Today I'm very happy XD Also Leo scored a block :thumbup:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Stats for GS - Yamamay
    http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=24407

Calderon with 27 pts and 52% kill percentage was just unstoppable where as Kozuch had 7 kills, 8 errors, in 37 attempts. They can't expect to go very far in CL with that sort of performance. Surprised to see that Faucette saw no time whatsoever after leading the team in pts for their first two Italian League matches.

• Presence of Molnar on the court brings more stability to GS and Gioli as MB works better as expected. However I still do believe that a better serving team would easily beat GS.

For Busto, I think having Marcon as starter require a killer OH like Havelkova, Nikoliç. Brinker is not that much reliable at offense. Any idea why Faucette didnot play at all? Injury? Busto should keep Havlickova in the roster, it wasnot a good transfer even for her since she is now playing in a very average team :down:

Uralocka's setter is pretty good, I didn't watch her before, any comments about her?

• Presence of Molnar on the court brings more stability to GS and Gioli as MB works better as expected. However I still do believe that a better serving team would easily beat GS.

For Busto, I think having Marcon as starter require a killer OH like Havelkova, Nikoliç. Brinker is not that much reliable at offense. Any idea why Faucette didnot play at all? Injury? Busto should keep Havlickova in the roster, it wasnot a good transfer even for her since she is now playing in a very average team :down:

Unfortunately GS is two very different teams with and without Molnar on court as we saw today vs. GS's Turkish League matches. Gioli-Neriman-Calderon are more than enough offense to make GS a competitive team and with Molnar on court Neriman probably feels less pressure. With good passing Lo Bianco to Gioli on the slide is still one of the highest percentage offensive options in the entire women's game. When Molnar is on court they'll be substantially better than their domestic league matches.

I am not sure but I believe there was news that Busto wanted to keep Havlickova but that financially the contract with Lokomotiv was much better. However, I agree, as I did at the time, that she is a far more stable offensive option than Kozuch. Busto's strength is in their middles but they need at least one pin option they can consistently go to. Marcon nor Brinker are really that type of player. Kozuch needs to be that player for them to be successful but her inconsistency will make or break their chances.

• Congrats. GsD (btw it is GsD not Gs ;) )
    GsD needs a better Middle instead of Nilay Konar.They should use ÖzgeNur.And Necla is and old libero,his reactions is worse comparing with Derya.GsD should use two liberos system (Necla for reception,Derya for defence).Busto shouldnt have allowed Havlickova to leave for Azerbaijani team.

• I think it would be better with Galatasaray yuko sano. At least in the champions league :gone: