2012 Olympic Games

• Missing the games doesn't accept any reason. :) Enjoy your free time ;)

Thanks ^^, but I hope that I'll be able to watch final games, some of group stage I'll definitely watch because I'm leaving in August.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• reaching semi final means catching the chance to get a medal as well.

I know but there is a small difference. In your words there is still a probability as being fourth without medal. I cannot say the tournament would be great for us without medal.

Kondzio :drink:

• Saw the pictures and reports from the airport in Rio yesterday with the team leaving. Camila Brait is making the trip with the rest of the team to London and ZRG will ultimately make his decision on the spot there. It still baffles me as to why this is necessary. Natalia is either fit to play or she's not. One more week of recovery isn't going to make that much of a difference.

• I totally agree with USAFAN...How unselfish (pardon me for the word) of Ze Roberto to do this..If he pursues on putting Natalia in the team, I pity Brait for traveling with the team...

Speaking of Brazil, I was looking on their roster for 2008 Beijing Games and that was such a spectacular team I'm blown away...Not to take anything away from this years team but there's a big drop in terms of performance from their outside hitters, Fabiana, setter and most especially Fabi (libero)... The only upgrade was Thaisa and Sheilla just being the usual Sheilla who could put the ball down.. I think that Brazil will easily march into the semis and whether they face Italy or Russia they will have to EARN that finals spot as both those teams are very capable of beating Brazil...

For USA, if they shore up their passing, they can literally run their offense centered on Hooker, Akinradewo and Harmotto..This team will be unstoppable... I'm excited on how Harmotto will do in London.. :thumbup: Also praying for Berg's health... Hope she will be healthy all-throughout the tournament. But what I think will help USA go far in the tournament (and achieve a medal) is that Larson and Tom will have to contribute on the offense on a regular basis..Compared to Beijing, this is a better team. And oh, Davis better be good! :wall:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Not to dwell on this but something else occurred to me. The athletes stay in the village and the IOC dictates only 12 spots per team which would mean that Camila Brait is staying in a hotel with the rest of the Brazilian staff and not with her teammates.

• oh yes i remember this but how do you compute for the team-set-win- calculation?

(Total Team Positive Points-Negative Points) / Set Played. Then Divide by # of sets won.

2011 Women's World Cup Dominican Republic beat Algeria 3-0. (36/3)=12/3=4 positive points per set win

Bethania De La Cruz had 7 kills, 1 spike fault, 5 blocks, 4 aces, 2 serve faults= 16-3=13 positive points/ 3 sets played= 4.333/4 points per set wins= 1.08 set wins in this match

This has to be done on a per match basis.

• It just occurred to me that Natalia might be ok already. Bringing Camila Brait was just a strategy of Brazil's team coaching staff. In case the 13th player is needed she will already be in London practising with the team, they don't have to wait for her arrival without having time to get used to the London timezone and so on. In 2008 that happened to Brazil's beach volleyball team, Ana Paula had to go to Beijing to play with Larissa and she arrived at the nick of the time and very tired. The men's team is doing the same thing. They are bringing 13 players to London as well.

It seems to me that Brazil's team is maybe trying to hide that Natalia will be in London creating this doubt about her condition with the hope of trying to surprise their opponents. It makes no sense to bring Natalia if she is not playing better than Mari and Sassá at least.

As for the USA team, they have to deal with the pressure and responsibility of their favoritism. I think they are ready and prepared for that, but the pressure for the first Gold Medal in the OG may somehow be an issue for them.

• i hope this olympics(until only the semis) will be a repeat of the 2004 olympics

no one would predicted that my team will be able to enter the Finals....

for this will be a emotional Roller-coster ride....

Davai Russia :drink:

• What? Opening ceremony at 10 pm? What a silly idea. Who Sportman will go to the ceremony if He has match in the next day?

Sorry Elisabeth I also won't watch how You will fire.

I remember that during opening ceremony in Athens USA Players were to the last minute there, Chinese didn't come and in the next day China beat USA.

• So I am not the o lu obe that will not be able to watch the whole olympics XD

About Berg's health: the games aren't started yet and she just posted a picture of the recovery room, I know it is normal stay in that room for players but.........

I think someone will jet injured in the OG, I have not a good thought

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• What? Opening ceremony at 10 pm? What a silly idea. Who Sportman will go to the ceremony if He has match in the next day?

Despite how tough on the body Opening Ceremonies are, I'm pretty sure there will be USAV women players attending. There are 7 first-time Olympians and for the 5 others, this is/may be their last Olympics.

I wouldn't be surprised if that results to a slow start or uncharacteristic play for some teams in their first match.

• Yes, they will go but they will not be there for the whole cerimony

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Former usa head coach Lang Ping predicts predicts the 4 medal contenders in London. according to her, it will be usa, Italy, Brazil, and China. Possible dark horses are Turkey, Russia, and Korea.

source: http://www.fivb.org/en/olympics/london2012/blog.asp

• Former usa head coach Lang Ping predicts predicts the 4 medal contenders in London. according to her, it will be usa, Italy, Brazil, and China. Possible dark horses are Turkey, Russia, and Korea.

source: http://www.fivb.org/en/olympics/london2012/blog.asp

So she predicted seven teams? Wow, what a great prediction... :whistle:

• So she predicted seven teams? Wow, what a great prediction... :whistle:

If she has stated the exact places, could we include her prediction to the prediction game here? :D