2012 Olympic Games

• I don't know what's Melhor do Vôlei's source. Sure wiki's not very reliable, so, for now, we're out in the dark. :| I don't actually remember when we learned about Paula being MVP 4 years ago. It's weird it's taking so long for this.

i learned paula was MVP from fivb and other news site right after the finals. but today, no words on who's who... :wacko:

• BRAZIL !!! :cheesy: :heart: It was absolutely spectacular

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

• It would be really unfair if they will give MVP to Dani or Jacqueline :mad: It is not being MVP of final match, it is MVP of tournament and everybody see that neither Dani nor Jacqueline showed impressive performance during whole tournament except final match. So to me MVP is Kim or maybe Tom

• Kim is great no doubt. But did she win a medal? No. For the most part, Kim was alone. She needs better team mates to get a medal. Plus, the winning team always have certain individuals who were the factor for the victory and made the team play as a team. That, to me, is either Jacque or Dani Lins;)

mvp is an individual award not a team one besides emphasis should be given to the word VALUABLE :thumbsup:

• MVP is Kim For sure.... The source is Marcos Kwiek, coach of Dominican who posted a photo of FIVB report.

You're right, I just checked it. So, it's official now.

http://instagram.com/p/ONKGADEDNh/

I'm glad for her. I'd be glad either way. I still consider Dani the most emblematic figure of the OG, because of her role on the team, though, just as I had the same regard for Fofão 4 years ago. If you judge players on individual performance, though, Kim more than deserves this. Other contender would be Hooker, but her performance in the last match was disappointing. Though Korea played bad on the bronze medal, Kim's level of play didn't really drop, or dropped less than Hooker's, taking into consideration. So, it's all good. :)

• mvp is an individual award not a team one besides emphasis should be given to the word VALUABLE :thumbsup:

You have a very good point. But the players I mentioned were also as valuable as Kim to their team. and besides, Hasn't it been a tradition in the past olympics to hand the MVP to the winning team? That is also one of the reason why I already counted Kim out. ;)

edit:
    Just learned Kim is officially MVP. I have no problems with that. She's also deserving and a candidate of course. It's just that to me, Dani Lins and Jacque's performances were crucial to Brazil's gold that's why they are my candidates for MVP. Simply put, we all have our own bets. ;)

• CONGRATULATIONS TO BRAZILIAN GIRLS :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:

It was not USA who were playing bad today, they played their best as usual (take a look at the first set), it was Brazil who amazingly destroyed the confidence of a team un­accustomed to pressure situations. Due to their explendid campaign, the USA have never been placed at risk throughout the tournament. But when that moment finally came, they fell down. With killing and intelligent serves (Davis = USA's Achille's heel), killing spikes from Jaqueline, killing blocks from Fabiana, Brazil rose from the ashes exactly when it was necessary. Thaisa was a bit out today, but her hindsight in previous games is highly favorable.

Truth can be said: for Brazil, the real final had already happened and it was against Russia a few days before. That game was essential to rebuild the confidence and self-esteem of Jaqueline, Fabiana, and specially the brilliant Sheila - who will become a living legend in a near future after these Olympic Games. Danis Lins is a wonderful and unexpected reality, so it seems that Brazil's setting problems are solved for now on. Fofão's ghost could finally rest... :obey:

About Logan, I must confess that I'm sad for her. She's a true warrior and totally deserved this gold. However, her name will perpetuate among the top forever. Hooker will still have her time, that's for sure. And tomorrow is another day for USA's team. :wavy:

• congrats to Brazil! I now somehow understand why Russia lost. Brazil was destined to become champions once more.

• I'm so late but damn I'm sooooo happy! We paid our dues!!! It was a GREAT way to finish this generation started in 2005. Next year there will be some younger players joining Brazil's NT and I wish them the best in the next cycle! WOW! :cup:
    Jaque made the game of her life, she was playing really well in her club but never really showed off in NT. YET! WOW again.
    I love these girls so much, they deserved every bit of this victory.

As for USA team, I was wanting, wishing, praying and hoping for this (sorry, but that's true lol). They've been so focused all these years, I was claiming for some crack that could put the whole thing down. For me, USA is the best team in the world right now, and it'd be impossible for us to beat them if they played at their best. Happily (for us, of course), something happened and they were intimidated. It reminded me of the Cuba's NT. It's an unstoppable team if they're winning, but they lose control when losing and just can't reach the game. Not only me, but I'm sure a lot of brazilians are sad for Scott and Tom. Scott is BELOVED here, and she sure deserved a gold medal. I'm not a big fan of Tom, but i recognize the talent she is and she deserved it also. But that's sports :S

And congrats to Japan! And Kim for her MVP! So deserving. And Brenda Castillo best libero :love:

Anyway, congratulations Brazil for putting the heart on the line ALWAYS! And for celebrating effusively cuz you can change what you are :dance4: :dance4:

Brazil, classy or not, olympic champion. Twice in a row. :cup: :cup:

• For me, USA is the best team in the world right now, and it'd be impossible for us to beat them if they played at their best.:

But USA played their best, man. McCutcheon words about today's final confirms it:

"Yeah, listen, they played better today," McCutcheon said. "I still believe that team is one of the best, if not the best in the world, and we weren't that today. That's what it comes down to. We train for four years, we come here for two weeks, and it comes down to two hours. I don't think we played poorly tonight, I think Brazil played really well." :cup:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/…gold-medal_n_1768379.html

• Dani Lins played a great tornament, not just the final. The best setter of the Olympics.

Well, where are all the haters now? Never underestimate Brazil, NEVER.

Hooker should take a very good lesson from this, Dream Team only Cuba in the 90s e Brazil in 2008.

• feel really happy for Kim,
    She is one of the few who played very well in every match
    and she save the whole team.
    MVP KIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dani nor Jacqueline

That's right
    Dani and Jacqueline just played well in the final match,
    they did just ok or simply poor in other matches,
    Sheilla was the one who stepped up to save Brazil.

But Kim is simply the best in the whole tournament among the final four.