2012 Olympic Games

• Dani Lins played a great tornament, not just the final. The best setter of the Olympics.

Well, where are all the haters now? Never underestimate Brazil, NEVER.

Hooker should take a very good lesson from this, Dream Team only Cuba in the 90s e Brazil in 2008.

I think also China in 2003.
    and maybe Russia in 2010

• But USA played their best, man. McCutcheon words about today's final confirms it:

"Yeah, listen, they played better today," McCutcheon said. "I still believe that team is one of the best, if not the best in the world, and we weren't that today. That's what it comes down to. We train for four years, we come here for two weeks, and it comes down to two hours. I don't think we played poorly tonight, I think Brazil played really well." :cup:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/…gold-medal_n_1768379.html

very classy words from hugh. maintaining this kind of integrity is rare nowadays. good luck to karch as he is most likely to be the head coach of usa team.

• So sad for USA,they played so good from first match,but after winning 1st set 25-11 in final,they litterally stopped! Also big congrats to Japan,they played great match and totally deserved that bronze!

• Congrats Brasil! I couldn't be more happy with the result!

I've always felt for this team because they were so much criticized, especially in their own country, undeservedly. I hope that will finally stop now, for good.

This result is like a miracle, something that only happens in Olympic games. When they were on the verge of elimination, in preliminaries, Sheilla said that if they manage to get themselves out of that situation and get to play-offs, they will eventually win gold medal. It was as if she had a presentiment and although it sounded ludicrous at the time I actually believed it. Yeah, it's as it was destined.

I see a bright future for Brasil no matter how many of their veterans retire. They have young middles, they found the setter, they have a excellent young libero waiting, Garay, Natalia and Tandara are already on the team, just bring in couple of new spikers. Who knows maybe they manage to match Cuba's record of 3 consecutive Olumpic Golds.
    :cup:

• I agree.
    Celebrate as you feel like it is an olympic gold medal. Just do not approve as Cuba and 96, do not shout in the face of his opponents, so much that they were booed by many fans in the final. Now, if you're happy and want to jump, turn somersaults and dance with your team I see nothing wrong ... just that they are happy. Each country, its culture to celebrate. And the day that can no longer be happy after winning a medal and jump, dance ... let me know :P
    I got very emotional with them on their knees and thanking God.

• I like Brasil team but I think USA deserved the golden medal they were the best team in the competition, they were perfect in almost everything.
    Whe I saw the first set of the final I thought they will win they were playing in an incredible way and in the others set USA just falling down I think they do not have nervous for this kind of finals. Like we said here in Cuba I think USA female volleyball team suffers of heart attack. THe history in Beijing 2008 happens here again.
    I am so sorry for Logan Tom she was the best player for USA, she is always the best even the person that talk in the news fro my country (Cuba) saids that she plays always very well. she can not win the gold I think this is was her last chance to get gold with USA next olimpic game she will be retired.

Unfortunately in the volleyball only one person can not win a game.

So sad for USA,they played so good from first match,but after winning 1st set 25-11 in final,they litterally stopped! Also big congrats to Japan,they played great match and totally deserved that bronze!

• I think also China in 2003.
    and maybe Russia in 2010

China had a great team, were olympic champions, but DREAM TEAM is too much.

Russia in 2010 was great too, but didn't win the Olympics so I guess is not enough.

• Is kinda disrespectful to compare the Cubans from the 90s and the Americans from 2012.

There is a HUGE difference, USA has only one good spiker (maybe 2), Cuba had at least 4 GREAT ones.

• This is so late, but I'm soooooooo happy that Brazil won. I remember one of the posters here a few years back with a signature saying that "hearts win games". In this finals game, Brazil's heart won the game for them.

My heart goes out to Logan. Sokolova, Artomanova, and Gamova were the legends that started making their mark in the 90s. Logan started to make a name for herself in the International scene in the 2000s era. So to me, she is one of the modern legends of the game. I hope she plays in Rio, but I'm not sure if she will still be in good shape like Dani Scott-Arruda.

The US girls will definitely improve their game. Larson at her best form sometimes reminds me of Logan, and Destinee will still be Destinee for a long time. So I think the US NT still has a bright future after this. I'm still proud of them even with a silver finish.

I can't wait for the new Brazil! Bring on Priscila, Gabi, Camila, Andressa and Natasha!

• Good for her lol :lol: it is always nice to read epic sounding excuses :rolll:

She said that because it's probably the last time for her in NT. For sure, everybody want gold but lost it doesn't mean you have gain nothing.
    Or the BRA players think it's meaningless to represent their NT if they can't get the gold?

• You have a very good point. But the players I mentioned were also as valuable as Kim to their team. and besides, Hasn't it been a tradition in the past olympics to hand the MVP to the winning team? That is also one of the reason why I already counted Kim out. ;)

edit:
    Just learned Kim is officially MVP. I have no problems with that. She's also deserving and a candidate of course. It's just that to me, Dani Lins and Jacque's performances were crucial to Brazil's gold that's why they are my candidates for MVP. Simply put, we all have our own bets. ;)

then the question moves to MORE VALUABLE :dance6:

• China had a great team, were olympic champions, but DREAM TEAM is too much.

Russia in 2010 was great too, but didn't win the Olympics so I guess is not enough.

2003 China won WGP and WC
    won 11 matches in WC
    definitely a dream team, if Brazil in 2008 was a dream team, same as China in 2003.
    also in 2004, Feng kun,yang hao, Zhao rui rui,Zhou su hong ,Liu ya nan,Zhang na these 6 form the dream team for China.

• After the words Hughs said press conference, the class difference between Ze and him appear more obviously :roll: It is not always about just winning the match...

For dreaming being Cuba from 1990s is joke. They got 8 straight major titles in 1990s not only Olympic Games but also World Championship and World Cup, which Brasil haven't :roll:

• She said that because it's probably the last time for her in NT. For sure, everybody want gold but lost it doesn't mean you have gain nothing.
    Or the BRA players think it's meaningless to represent their NT if they can't get the gold?

For current USA team anything other than gold is loss :win: Everybody will remember them as huge dissapointment nothing more .....

• For current USA team anything other than gold is loss :win: Everybody will remember them as huge dissapointment nothing more .....

Well, losting in OG final is always a dispointment, especially when you're #1.
    But honestly, the sliver medal is not that bad for me. I didn't support the team only if they won the gold.

• Fantastic fighting spirit Brazil ! :rose:
    (I love game with players who forgot how important is match, how difficult is opponent and ... playing with heart without any worries of final result)

• You're right, I just checked it. So, it's official now.

http://instagram.com/p/ONKGADEDNh/

I'm glad for her. I'd be glad either way. I still consider Dani the most emblematic figure of the OG, because of her role on the team, though, just as I had the same regard for Fofão 4 years ago. If you judge players on individual performance, though, Kim more than deserves this. Other contender would be Hooker, but her performance in the last match was disappointing. Though Korea played bad on the bronze medal, Kim's level of play didn't really drop, or dropped less than Hooker's, taking into consideration. So, it's all good. :)

Great! Congratulations to KIM. You really deserved it. :rose: