2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• the idea of a 2nd libero being a "false OH" (i.e. coming for a player in the back row without being an official libero) is done well by kwiek and the DOM team. when binet comes in to serve for the MB, then that allows castillo to sub in for de la cruz or another OH in the back row, so they have both castillo and binet in the backcourt. the disadvantage is having one less back row hitter (which de la cruz excels at), but that allows her to take a break if needed. also, kwiek will sometimes put martinez in front row for marte, so she can block/hit upfront, with castillo setting for that one rotation.

Two liberos, it was the usual strategy of Yan Fang in RC Cannes : Cardullo + Péron ; Arcangeli + Ortschitt, last year, and so on.
    But next year it seems Ortschitt will be alone as libero. Difficult to believe 8)

• There is one option for Cro in 3. Round ?
    DOM have too lose against CHN and Japan but Japan have too lose against Italy ...If Croatia win 6 points against Bel and Aze than all of this 3 teams (Jap, Cro and Dom) will have 11 points in 2. Round ??
    What about this situation :sos:

• There is one option for Cro in 3. Round ?
    DOM have too lose against CHN and Japan but Japan have too lose against Italy ...If Croatia win 6 points against Bel and Aze than all of this 3 teams (Jap, Cro and Dom) will have 11 points in 2. Round ??
    What about this situation :sos:

Croatia can't go further. Even if they win 2 games it gives 11 overall, but they will have W-L 4-3 and Dominican Republic evben losing both games has 5-2 :wavy:
    everything will be clear if Italy beats Japan in 3-4 sets...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Croatia can't go further. Even if they win 2 games it gives 11 overall, but they will have W-L 4-3 and Dominican Republic evben losing both games has 5-2 :wavy:

:/...thank you for answear :)

• So sad about Croatia. I hoped they would have played better. But I kinda am satisfied with their current performance. Grbac was disaster at the beginning of the tournament, Usic too unstable, Milos not as strong as last year, unstable liberos etc etc. I think Topic would have been very useful in terms of attacks in critical moments, besides her reception is better than Usic, what a pity that she didn't make it to WCH...also Malevic definitely should have been called. Jelic and M.Usic are good defensive players but for a libero, obviously not enough :aww:

I have no more words for Maja Poljak...she's just a living block machine, some people said she got old so ain't able to play as good as her best days, but she showed that she's still strong enough. I love her emotions, passion and obviously her performance, especially the match versus Germany was amazing. If she had a better setter than Grbac or Brcic, she would have been much stronger in attacks too.

• I'm kind happy with performance by Brcic and Senna but I'm disappointhing by Jerkov only her serving was very good (number 1 on this WCH :white: )and Miloš isn't so good
    But I can't wait for next year ECH ..Older Fabris, Brčić + Malevic anf even Klarić
    And maybe Ikić anf Topić back in NT

• Croatia can't go further. Even if they win 2 games it gives 11 overall, but they will have W-L 4-3 and Dominican Republic evben losing both games has 5-2 :wavy:

if china beats RD, italy will be in 3 round mathematically, right? maybe 2nd or maybe 3rd, but in the third round for sure, am i right?

• if china beats RD, italy will be in 3 round mathematically, right? maybe 2nd or maybe 3rd, but in the third round for sure, am i right?

no, you're not right.
    a lot of things can still happen. Italy can't count on math, they need to win against Japan to assure their spot today.

• no, you're not right.
    a lot of things can still happen. Italy can't count on math, they need to win against Japan to assure their spot today.

sorry, but i think i'm right...if china takes 3 points today, and even if we lose 3 points: italy 13, RD 11, japan 11. But RD and japan have to play tomorrow, so one will win, one will lose... even if it's a 3-2 only one team can be before italy, so IF china beats RD with 3 points, italy is mathematically in third round.

• Kelsey Robinson is playing really good!! I like her, she is really complete...I hope she can grow even more!

Too shaky reception for Serbia, Boskovic is hitting hard but she alone!

• sorry, but i think i'm right...if china takes 3 points today, and even if we lose 3 points: italy 13, RD 11, japan 11. But RD and japan have to play tomorrow, so one will win, one will lose... even if it's a 3-2 only one team can be before italy, so IF china beats RD with 3 points, italy is mathematically in third round.

Oh well, you did not mention that it would be a 3x0 or 3x1 victory of China against DR :wavy: :whistle:

• oh God, Nikolic :wall:
    What's wrong with teams like Bulgaria, Serbia...they can be better throughout the entire set but in the end they just collapse