2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• Congrat USA :flower:

What a very poor setting by both Stoltenborg and Dijkema :down: :down: :down:

Celeste had to hit the ball at position 4 more than 5 times with her left hand...and especially in rallies many sets to position 4 ended at 3m-line :wall: :wall:

This match again showed: Dutch team can only attack, block and a little serve...no reception, setting and defense...without these 3 basics any victory against a good team is impossible :read:

• USA beating Netherlands in 3. Although they won I didn't like USA's game, especially passing.. This crazy fast offense is making Larson think only about getting the timing right and passing like an amateur.. She was passing better than this 4 years ago in Japan..

But I have to say I see some improvements the USA made.. They cover the tips a lot better, the sets especially in transition are higher. Which I still don't like is: low balls to Fawcett, she can't score; no back row attacks at all; very few attack to the middle in front of the setter; and middle back staying way too inside the court and cant cover the balls deflected from the block

• USA beating Netherlands in 3. Although they won I didn't like USA's game, especially passing.. This crazy fast offense is making Larson think only about getting the timing right and passing like an amateur.. She was passing better than this 4 years ago in Japan..

But I have to say I see some improvements the USA made.. They cover the tips a lot better, the sets especially in transition are higher. Which I still don't like is: low balls to Fawcett, she can't score; no back row attacks at all; very few attack to the middle in front of the setter; and middle back staying way too inside the court and cant cover the balls deflected from the block

Glass played way too fast for Dutch block :win:

• Glass played way too fast for Dutch block :win:

She plays too fast for her teammates too :P

Amazing game by Christa, I want more of that!
    I don't like taking jump serves from Jordan and Kelly, this team needs some variety for heaven's sake.

• Turkeys block has disappeared, amazing because Kubra had like 5-8 blocks early match?? played like a super star. 4th set 18-14 Turkey, we were never going to finish 2nd this group after Serbia game, but lets just drag this game out for a win because we look all over the place

• Glass played way too fast for Dutch block :win:

Well in fact both Belien and Robin were right on the spot in spite of the fact that Glass was setting fast.. maybe as the match went on they got tired and could follow but they did a good job and that's one of the things I don't like about this fast offense... Many times it gives you one on one opportunities but also many times there are 2 blockers up because the set was predictable and your hitter has less things to do with the ball because of the speed and the height of the set.. so it gets blocked

• Gözde's shape is simply horrible :white: As I stressed before, she is not a tournament type player, although she has improved a lot, she is still not a consistent player who can play many games in a row in a short time period :aww:

• NTVspor's stream is very bad, any other link for TUR-BUL match?

• She plays too fast for her teammates too :P

Amazing game by Christa, I want more of that!
    I don't like taking jump serves from Jordan and Kelly, this team needs some variety for heaven's sake.

I would say I agree if the WCH hasn't started yet, but right now I agree only about Kelly (I would add Kelsey and Fawcett too) Larson's float is very good and way more dangerous than her jump has been LATELY..

• Turkey NT really misses Neslihan .

Is it only me who thinks NTV commentators are really funny , it feels like they are discussing volleyball at home. :thumbsup:

• Turkey NT really misses Neslihan .

Is it only me who thinks NTV commentators are really funny , it feels like they are discussing volleyball at home. :thumbsup:

True indeed. Also it was weird moment when Burcu Hakyemez screamed "YES" as if English is her native language after Turkey got 4th set :lol:

• Tiebreak has ended with Güldeniz's reception mistake :wall: Why the hell is she on the court if she can't even receive well :aww:

• Bulgaria :rose:
    so, considering that probably all players from Turkey are out of shape, its quite good to lose 2:3 :lol:

• That last point by Filipova :rolll:

Germany will miss Stefanie Karg in the last two preliminary matches for sure :( She'll have MRI tomorrow to show the extent of her injury, the bone is not damaged for sure. I hope she'll be back for 2nd round...