2012 Olympic Games

• No one will blame them if they lose but everybody will praise them if they win

• They must feel very proud, and they should, as well as their supporters.

I am happy for the time being. Very, very happy. I'd be proud if they win the Olympic gold. It's not M:I, they've been so close to winning a tournament during all these years (WL, WCh, ECh, etc.) with so many semis and not a single final match. So if they reach the gold medal match, this will be really something B.I.G.

I am still euphoric, but can't refrain myself from asking the same question over and over again - what the hell was wrong with Germany??? Actually, the question should be - Where was Germany??? What happened to Kaliberda? I couldn't dream of an easier quarterfinal, but come on.. You can't play like this in OG QF!

Actually, they did not perform that bad in the first two sets but we didn't gave them many chances during final points. Yeah, in the third set there was only one team. But overall, it was Bulgaria who had fun and made Germany look like a doormat. :wavy:

• I am still euphoric, but can't refrain myself from asking the same question over and over again - what the hell was wrong with Germany??? Actually, the question should be - Where was Germany??? What happened to Kaliberda? I couldn't dream of an easier quarterfinal, but come on.. You can't play like this in OG QF!

They didn't play much better in the group. Beating Bulgaria in Sofia and later Cuba must have been a fluke or something

• Well, it looks like teams, which treated World League like a way of preparing chose better option than USA or Poland, who were in the final of it(which means it was important for them).

:wall:

• But in 94 you beat Argentina in group stage :whistle:

• Wow! What a surprise by Bulgaria...It would have been better if Kaziyski is there ^^

• if we somehow have two sunny asses guys in the gold medal match I promise will support those damn sun ass applications for at least 4 years untill the next Olympics :lol:

Watch out, the chances are real :D

• Congratulations, bulgarian fans!

Now, 3/4 of the teams go home with a medal!

I hope Brazil gets one of them :heart:

• Here is the file for the set wins by player through Pool Play.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/84518…MPICS-MEN-SHORT-DAY5.xlsx

Quick points
    Aleksandar Atanasijevic (SRB) was just awesome with 5.76 set wins. Serbia as a total would have won 7.67 sets, so he was the about the only one putting the ball to the floor.
    Mikhaylov was very good with 4.29.
    10 players had over 3 set wins.

Top 5 Set Win Performances (not on the chart)
    1. Atanasijevic 2.33 set wins versus Russia
    2. Atanasijevic 1.67 set wins versus Brazil
    2. Hamza Nagga (TUN) 1.67 set wins versus Brazil
    4. Todor Alexsiev (BUL) 1.57 set wins versus Australia
    4. Sebastian Sole (ARG) 1.57 set wins versus Australia

Grozer's performance against Serbia was only good for 1.22.

• Poland played to really bad matches in this tournament (did we ever-ever lost to Australia in volleyball? I can't remember...) and it is really difficult for me to believe, that Poles are capable of winning some medal in London. The defeat against "The Aussies" may have a big impact on Polish team, no matter it was just a defeat in the group stage. From the psychological point of view it is really bad news, that Poland lost it. Now they know, that they are not that brilliant. I'm sure they lost to Bulgaria and Australia in their heads and it was even easy to notice during the matches.
    I'm affraid we may see "old Poland" in 1/4 and Russians will eat us for breakfast. The atmosphere in Polish team isn't probably great after monday and Anastasi may loose his nerves (he hates to loose, especially when the game is poor as it was against Australia). I don't expect nothing pleasent for Polish fans tomorrow. :(

I wrote that on Tuesday and - unfortunately - I was right. :( I expected such result, so it is painful for me, but not unexpected...I have not much to add - the game Poland played yesterday was hopless, terrible and pathetic. It was Poland I was hoping I would never see again soon. But I did. And I am affraid I won't be able to forget it.
    Congratulations to Bulgaria. These team's success (the same with Italy) proves, that winning WL or just playing very well in this tournament (Poland, USA) doesn't mean you may succeed in the most important sport event in the world - Olympic games. Now Bulgaria and Italy - teams nobody rather counted on - are close to the Olympic medals, the most precious prize the sportsman can get. And we can just watch... Sad reality. :(

One more thing - In my opinion we didn't loose our chance for medals against Russia: we lost it against Australia. That game has broken something in Polish team and gave us much stronger opponent in the 1/4.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• They didn't play much better in the group. Beating Bulgaria in Sofia and later Cuba must have been a fluke or something

I don't agree and the discussion can become pretty long here. They weren't prepared enough, for some reason, for this Olympics, indeed were shaky until now, but their success and qualification is not a fluke, trust me ;)

• I don't agree and the discussion can become pretty long here. They weren't prepared enough, for some reason, for this Olympics, indeed were shaky until now, but their success and qualification is not a fluke, trust me ;)

Yes that maybe true. Their preparation was not enough. They were too nervous and out of control during the whole game. Mentally they were not prepared to the match. I was hoping for a 5 set match, but the german boys made very easy to bulgarian team. I was sad and schocked to see them perform like this, if you compare them to the qualification tournaments!
    Nevertheless, congratulations to bulgarian team, as they served really very well and mentally they wanted more to win this match than the germans.

• I just want to congratulate all Bulgarian, Italian, Russian and Brazilian users here. I feel sorry I didn't watch last quarterfinal, especially that it was played by Bulgaria, but I just had no strength to do it. The feeling was as if I was falling and falling and I only waited for the moment when I finally collide with the earth but this moment never came. Yesterday I wanted this world to come to an end. And when I woke up this morning or rather afternoon I felt as if the world ended but I stayed in the middle of nowhere. About one hour ago I found out that Bulgaria made it to semifinal. So, for this moment I have no strength to watch any volleyball matches, actually any sport competitions, but I have my heart still in a right place and I'm sending it all to Bulgarian team now. Ok, I borrow it, 'cause it still may be useful in my everyday life and in loving my own team. Bulgarians, there's nothing that can stop you. Absolutely nothing. Just have a little faith. Your team is the most surprising one on this tournament. For me, you're already the winner. For being like a phoenix rising from the ashes. Don't stop and take this gold!

We had no shoutbox. I hope I won't be condemned for this post...

• Bella, I understand your feelings perfectly, yesterday's evening I thought that I'm gonna forget about our quaterfinal and live normally, but it's just impossible to not think about it! Especially when you expected something more. Maybe it sounds strange, 'cause this is just a loss in Olympic Games, it happends, but (un)fortunately Poland didn't give us a reason to be sad earlier, I must say I wasn't prepared for such a moment, when we're gonna lose the most important match this year in not beautiful way.
    After Bulgaria's win I had a smile on my face, I congratulated all bulgarian friends here and on Facebook, but it's not my favourite team so I'm still sad as hell and nothing can makes me happier. I was smiling, 'cause I wanted to see my team playing like that.

I'm a little bit worried, 'cause polish players won't back to Poland together, all of them chose another ways of come back, for me it doesn't look good.

• I just want to congratulate all Bulgarian, Italian, Russian and Brazilian users here. I feel sorry I didn't watch last quarterfinal, especially that it was played by Bulgaria, but I just had no strength to do it. The feeling was as if I was falling and falling and I only waited for the moment when I finally collide with the earth but this moment never came. Yesterday I wanted this world to come to an end. And when I woke up this morning or rather afternoon I felt as if the world ended but I stayed in the middle of nowhere. About one hour ago I found out that Bulgaria made it to semifinal. So, for this moment I have no strength to watch any volleyball matches, actually any sport competitions, but I have my heart still in a right place and I'm sending it all to Bulgarian team now. Ok, I borrow it, 'cause it still may be useful in my everyday life and in loving my own team. Bulgarians, there's nothing that can stop you. Absolutely nothing. Just have a little faith. Your team is the most surprising one on this tournament. For me, you're already the winner. For being like a phoenix rising from the ashes. Don't stop and take this gold!

We had no shoutbox. I hope I won't be condemned for this post...

bella, dear, I know it's hard now but don't be sad! :flower: Despite the drop out, still bright future is in front of your team, you'll see! Moreover that the season for you is definately not lost, because of winning the WL and this is a huge success! Thank you so much for the support :rose:

pp, I'm waiting to see an avatar on your profile, never lose hope :win:

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Maybe it sounds strange, 'cause this is just a loss in Olympic Games

Loss on OG is never JUST. That's why it hurts so much.

I'm a little bit worried, 'cause polish players won't back to Poland together, all of them chose another ways of come back, for me it doesn't look good.

Actually, it didn't surprise me. They need a break from each other. All they need now is their own families and friends. Something that remind them that not only volleyball exist on this world. And that not everything ends on volleyball. Of course, it's sad. They're broken. I'm not worried about our youngsters, they can handle it. This thought, what is goin' on with Igła, Ziomek and Guma is not giving me live in peace.

• Loss on OG is never JUST. That's why it hurts so much.

Yup, I forgot to put this "just" in quotes, I meant that for another users and people, at all, our behave(some kind of hysteria, shock, disbelief in what happened) may looks weird, but yeah... It really hurts.