2012 Olympic Games

• Ceremony is one big bullshit at the moment.

They have Bjork and Massive Attack, should create mystic show not circus for Humans between 5-9 years old.

Prince Harry is looking somewhere, probably He is thinking about hot Chicks so Everyone wait when show will end.

I am watching because journalist said that Elisabeth will be in bikini and dance macarena.

• Muserskiy plays from 2 when he is back row in Belgorod

• A little late on this but HUGE congratulations to Russia. I was sure they were going to lose when they were down 17-20, I think it was, in the 3rd set. Muserskiy completely dominated at the net from that point on. But the real hero of the Russian team to me is Maxim Mikhaylov. There is not a single opposite in the world that would be able to attack from position 4 with the same efficiency and be able to receive serve and to do all of that under the tremendous pressure of being down. He may be the best opposite player in the world and he switched roles to find a way to win for the team and I admire that tremendously. I've never seen the Russians get so emotional during a match but they really earned the victory and took the victory from Brazil when Brazil thought they had it wrapped up. Bravo Russia!

I completely agree with you...also to me Mikhaylov has been the greatest player tonight..and I would add also Tetyukhin who received and defended really well! he also served really strongly, helping his team a lot...
    Russia was really excited especially the libero, an attitude that I've never seen from then but that is extremely positive and in this occasions natural and helpful...

• I completely agree with you...also to me Mikhaylov has been the greatest player tonight..and I would add also Tetyukhin who received and defended really well! he also served really strongly, helping his team a lot...
    Russia was really excited especially the libero, an attitude that I've never seen from then but that is extremely positive and in this occasions natural and helpful...

Did we watch the same match? Mikhaylov YET ANOTHER TIME was predicted by Rezende and made helpless by Brazil's block-defense system, that's why Alekno put Muserskiy as opposite. Mikhaylov, Sokolov and Grozer are still far from the class of Miljkovic, Nikolov and Clayton and in matches like this the difference is apparent to most people. They are too young to be unstoppable players yet. This was for the opposite Mikhaylov, the outside hitter Mikhaylov, however played different game.

• U mean Nikolov who was sitting on Bulgarian bench? Vlado is really good player but nothing more.

I mean the one who ruled on club level, winning countless titles in Italy and being MVP in CHL and Best scorer in Cev cup. Put the NT bias away and look again

• @ muse, who asked before, or anyone else interested

So, I've read, after the match, that Rodrigão is considering moving to beach volleyball. :roll: I don't even want comment.

8| 8| 8| 8|
    Maybe it's better for him, if he can find a team...

This close ceremony becomes just a stupid concert...

• I hardly think it'd be ridiculous. The guy destroyed the most important match of the competition. You can argue consistency, regularity, but not relevance. I wouldn't be mad if Mikhaylov had won the MVP, but in the most important match of the competition, he was totally overshadowed.

SIMPLE... Murilo MVP = Y.K.Kim MVP... (in the tournament)
    Muserskiy MVP = Jaqueline MVP... (in the final match) :thumbsup:

• Finally, I was able to saw a replay of the final match between Russia and Brazil.

What can I say..Just wow! The Russians turned it around when the Brazilians thought the Gold is in their hands.

Maxim Mikhaylov...I admire him not only for being such a world-class athlete but for being so humble despite the win. Now I'm adding him on my favorite players' list.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Great job Russia,deserved title!!!! Altough Brazil played better in first 3 sets,Russia made a splendid comeback! Maxim Mikhaylov :heart: !!!!

• Wow what an awesome match. I was so rooting for Sergei especially as I remember how he cried when Russia lost the gold in Sydney 2000. Can't believe he is still playing so well and to win the gold now and in this fashion! wow, that must be crazy for him.

And yes Alekno pulled an awefully bold move and by doing so won the olympics together with Muserskiy! No words for that guy... to be unstoppable for some many sets and at some many points is unheard of. For such a tall player he moves so well and is so athletic. And man those back row spikes down the line... what the hell.

But don't forget about Mikhaylov, also very important I found. I didn't know he could receive so well :)

Brazil was amazing too, especially the first two sets of course. Sidao and Wallace were unstoppable.

Great final ;at the edge of my seat throughout the whole match.

• It was hard but finally I decide to watch the final and I won't regret this never ever! What an epic comeback by Russia :obey: And Dima Muserski rocking this final and tearing the gold out of Brazilian hands almost alone :obey: Alekno is a god, Dima and Maxim are monsters and Sergey is my master :obey: Heartfelt congratulations, Russians! I kept my fingers crossed for this team and they made it.

I didn't watch match for the bronze unfortunately... I feel so sorry for Bulgarians. They were like a ray of sunshine breaking through dark clouds. This tournament wasn't the best but they made it a little bit better. They brought something that is called a hope. At least for me. It was the pleasure watching Bulgarians playing as if they were building a new hope. And Russians in last three sets of this tournament. And Murilo finally playing as I expected (I'm glad to see him with the award). And our first game on these Olympics. These moments will stay in my mind.

To be honest, I'm happy that it finally ended. One more time, congrats for Russians, Brazilians and Italians but also for Bulgarians!