2013 FIVB World Grand Prix

• I didnt know where to put this new...so Im letting it here...ehehe

Seems FIVB gave up the new rule where would not be aloud to make the reception with a touch. They though about it and think it would be bad for the game.

Thank God they come to a sense...that rule would be awful to volleyball.

It's all rumors so far...apparently Eugenio George was very much against the new rule...but all the national federations have implemented it into their versions of the official rules for the next year now :wall:

I really hate FIVB making so many changes and not thinking about it enough...but in fact, I'm not that much against the new rule. It means the ball contact in overhand reception needs to be clean, as much as in setting, and in my opinion this is not asked too much. Players should either learn to play technically clean or use the underhand reception technique, it worked back in the 80s/90s too so why should it not work now? In defense, double contact is still allowed and that makes sense because you cannot defend a hard attack with "clean" technique, so Eugenio's argument that the game has become so much faster etc. isn't valid to me. Because of the rule allowing double contact in serve reception, players have never bothered to learn clean technique and I think that's wrong. I agree that the rule will affect the game at the beginning, but in the long run it is good for the technical education of young players.

• It's all rumors so far...apparently Eugenio George was very much against the new rule...but all the national federations have implemented it into their versions of the official rules for the next year now :wall:

I really hate FIVB making so many changes and not thinking about it enough...but in fact, I'm not that much against the new rule. It means the ball contact in overhand reception needs to be clean, as much as in setting, and in my opinion this is not asked too much. Players should either learn to play technically clean or use the underhand reception technique, it worked back in the 80s/90s too so why should it not work now? In defense, double contact is still allowed and that makes sense because you cannot defend a hard attack with "clean" technique, so Eugenio's argument that the game has become so much faster etc. isn't valid to me. Because of the rule allowing double contact in serve reception, players have never bothered to learn clean technique and I think that's wrong. I agree that the rule will affect the game at the beginning, but in the long run it is good for the technical education of young players.

Morcos Kwiek confirmed the change wont happen....but now you said that I dont know..hehehe

I honestly dont like so many changes as well, and also this rule specif..I dont know..I cant see how that would help the game....what I think should happen is the referees to be more exigent technically...specially with sets...each time more I fell two touches and caring the ball is allowed..and I hate that..cause the game gets ugly..I guess before changing the rules the referees could be more correct with the ones that exists. :aww:

• you dont need to win one more WGP,my friend... let the other players get some experience... :gone:

Yeah, you are right! They must get experience and now it's time. No contest. It's only because I will watch the championship and I wanna good and competitive matches. :lol:

• JVA has posted the schedule for the Sendai round (Group M) August 16-18, first match time is listed first.

August 16 games
    USA-Czech Republic
    Japan-Bulgaria

August 17 games
    Japan-USA
    Czech Republic-Bulgaria

August 18 games
    Japan-Czech Republic
    USA-Bulgaria

I am thinking that the reason for the Japan-USA on the second day is ensure that both teams have something to play for. This would be the 8th of 9 games in World GP. If it was the 9th, then either team might not have to worry about qualifying for the Final Round.

• Pool A

BRA
    USA
    POL
    RUS

Pool A is the group of death, omg!
    more exciting than the final for sure.

Pool J

RUS
    ITA
    THA
    CUB

I love this pool also, lots of competitive teams are forced to fight to Russia without Gamova!
    Hope Cuba will be in the best shape so soon.

• Brazilian wide roster for WGP:
    S: Dani Lins, Josefa Souza (Fabiola), Claudia Silva
    OP: Sheilla Castro, Tandara Caixeta, Monique Pavão
    OH: Fernanda Garay, Natalia Pereira, Ellen Braga, Michelle Pavão, Priscila Daroit
    MB: Fabiana Claudino, Adenizia Silva, Juciely Silva, Leticia Hage, Thaisa Menezes, Ana Beatriz Correa (Bia)
    L: Camila Brait, Fabiana Oliveira (Fabi)

Only Jaqueline is missing. Mari, Paula and Sassa were less and less important for team and they aren't in wide roster.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Polish NT roster for WGP:

S: Izabela Bełcik, Milena Radecka, Joanna Wołosz

Opp: Joanna Kaczor, Katarzyna Skowrońska-Dolata, Katarzyna Konieczna

MBs: Zuzanna Efimienko, Monika Martałek, Maja Tokarska, Aleksandra Sikorska, Justyna Łukasik, Agnieszka Kąkolewska

OHs: Kinga Kasprzak, Anna Grejman, Karolina Różycka, Patrycja Polak, Aleksandra Wójcik, Ewelina Sieczka, Elżbieta Skowrońska

L: Dorota Medyńska, Krystyna Strasz, Paulina Maj

http://blokaut.net/aktualnosci…tacji+na+World+Grand+Prix

• Serbia roster for WGP via @ossrb

Setters: Maja Ognjenovic, Bojana Zivkovic
    OPPs: Jovana Brakocevic, Ana Bjelica
    OHs: Jelena Nikolic, Brizitka Molnar, Brankica Mihajlovic, Tijana Malesevic, Sanja Malagurski
    MBs: Milena Rasic, Natasa Krsmanovic, Nada Ninkovic, Stefana Veljkovic
    Liberos: Suzana Cebic, Silvija Popovic, Jasna Majstorovic

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Anna Baranska is injured, but what about Zenik and Bednarek?

Zenik said that she's done with the NT and that it is time for younger players to take her place. Although if there were some problems with the injuries or something, she could help the team.

Bednarek will have (or already had) 2 surgeries on her knees.

• Does anybody know how many teams will participate from Europe for 2014 World Grand Prix. There must be a new regulation for that as the number of participating countries has been increased.

• Zenik said that she's done with the NT and that it is time for younger players to take her place. Although if there were some problems with the injuries or something, she could help the team.

Bednarek will have (or already had) 2 surgeries on her knees.

:white: :white:

• Source? On the photos from training she is playing as OH.

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/si…klad-reprezentacji-polski
    and Michał Kaczmarczyk (from Sportowefakty.pl)http://twitter.com/migelito_91

@migelito_91
    Kasprzak na ataku... W takim razie niech ogląda ostatnie mecze Włochów! #ivan #hero

• Rosters are available now! :cheesy:

Junior stars Gabi (Brazil), Zhu Ting (China) and Kubra Akman (Turkey) are listed.

Surprises: Apitz (Germany) and Juliann Faucette (USA). Maybe Apitz is only listed and won't play because Hanke, Weiss and Möllers are there too.

New captains: Guiggi (Italy) and Skowronska (Poland).

No Logan Tom and Jordan Larson. Any other surprises I think.

• I'm glad Logan and Jordan can have some rest. I'm waiting Logan to leave NT after an olympic gold medal, so I guess she will be back for World Championships and next olympic games in Rio de Janeiro. About Jordan I think she looks like a veteran on court, but she's just 27; she deserves some free time. I just hope who's gonna replace them both can take the best from this opportunity. I'm talking expecially about Richards. Hodge is not my kind of players, but I have still hope for her to learn how to pass regularly. And I'm still hoping Barboza can have a whole season without injuries and finally shine as we expect her to. I'm so happy for Newcombe and Hood, that finally can play with the main team.

Faucette is a big surprise to me, she can't be a good OH because she can't receive and at the same time she is inconsistent as OPP.

What about Foluke Akinradewo? She's missing too.

• Lots of surprises to me. For example, the setter who played for Japan in Montreux and Alassio (Fujita?) isn't in Japan's roster at all, but Hashimoto (the one who was in Volero last season) is. In German team there are several players who were not even invited to the team this summer (Radzuweit, Aulenbrock, Apitz), while some who have been with the team are not listed (Schaus, Dörendahl). Either way Guidetti will choose the team from the players who are currently in EL. Rachel Sanchez is currently playing a tournament in Kazakhstan for their 2nd NT but she is not in WGP roster (and I still can't believe she plays for KAZAKHSTAN :white: ). Carli Lloyd isn't at all in USA roster, so probably she's still recovering from her injury. Nice to see Sonja Newcombe there, I didn't know that she's with the team, hope she gets some chances...