2013 FIVB World Grand Prix

• what about Lonneke? is there a possibility for her to play as opp for Dutch NT in Serbia?

I have no idea, wether she will be in starting-six or again on bench...

One thing: Vermeulen is not happy about last weekend's attack-performance....so, he might want to change the starting-six...I really hope so, because otherwise Dutch NT has no chance at all agianst Serbia and USA.

• One thing: Vermeulen is not happy about last weekend's attack-performance....so, he might want to change the starting-six...I really hope so, because otherwise Dutch NT has no chance at all agianst Serbia and USA.

Guidetti is not happy about Germany's attack performance since 5 years and still he doesn't make any changes :D
    I'm afraid that reception would suffer a lot without Grothues, but it's time that someone plays better than Pietersen as OPP :S

I'm surprised that Russia scheduled the match vs Italy as their first match of the weekend for tomorrow, I think it could be one of the most interesting matches of the weekend.

• Guidetti is not happy about Germany's attack performance since 5 years and still he doesn't make any changes
    I'm afraid that reception would suffer a lot without Grothues, but it's time that someone plays better than Pietersen as OPP

If Sloetjes and Flier would be 100 % already (100% --> capable of playing a full match at full power) Pietersen would not be in starting-six last weekend. Hopefully Lonneke is ready for a full match... :win: But I doubt it, to be honest.

• When will the next three days of matches start?

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• When will the next three days of matches start?

Here you have full weekend schedule in CET ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Why Akulova isn't with the russian NT? I think she is better than Matienko

• Why Akulova isn't with the russian NT? I think she is better than Matienko

I agree that she's better, she just wasn't called by Marichev. Not only you made complaint about it ^^

• Matienko? She is one of the worst setters I have ever seen.
    Someone remembers who was the 2nd setter in russian NT during the WCH 2010?

1st was Startseva and second was Vera Vetrova (Ulyakina) ^^ she had a break in this club season

It was Ulyakyna

I'm certainly far from being a fan of Matienko, but to be honest her performance last week was not all that bad. Unfortunately, Russia seems to be going back to the way of playing that does not need a high quality setter. Matienko sets the outsides higher and slower than Pankova did this summer, but Kosheleva and Chaplina probably won't complain about that because that's the kind of sets they're familiar and good with. But still I hope to see Pankova back in starting six this weekend.

• I'm certainly far from being a fan of Matienko, but to be honest her performance last week was not all that bad. Unfortunately, Russia seems to be going back to the way of playing that does not need a high quality setter. Matienko sets the outsides higher and slower than Pankova did this summer, but Kosheleva and Chaplina probably won't complain about that because that's the kind of sets they're familiar and good with. But still I hope to see Pankova back in starting six this weekend.

Unfortunately I doubt that, because of this quote, which appeared few days ago on forum:
    "Our setter, Anna Matienko, played only a bit because she is preparing for Universiade and her substitution Ekaterina Pankova is not yet so strong. Now at GP we will see how team looks with Anna leading them, I hope she will do well because we need her for European Championship. Also I plan to use all 12 players in spite of the result.”

• Unfortunately I doubt that, because of this quote, which appeared few days ago on forum:
    "Our setter, Anna Matienko, played only a bit because she is preparing for Universiade and her substitution Ekaterina Pankova is not yet so strong. Now at GP we will see how team looks with Anna leading them, I hope she will do well because we need her for European Championship. Also I plan to use all 12 players in spite of the result.”

Yup, but for this week he says "it is now time for the young players" (source), so maybe there is some hope to see more of Pankova. On the other hand he talks about "three players from Uralochka", so Salina doesn't seem to be back in the team this weekend. We'll know in 13 hours ;)

• about that garay vs. goncharova screaming match:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNJo43Og1L4

according to a brazilian fan who was there, he says that what started it all was this block on goncharova, the play is about 24:34. fe screams but immediately turns to her teammates, i don't think she was provoking the russians, but i can see how goncharova didn't appreciate that. nothing happens until 42:48, when goncharova returns the favor, but she's blatant and nasty about it, she screams at fe, facing her and even pointing fingers, wihch causes the referee to issue a first warning. of course, after that, it's all downhill...

• 1st was Startseva and second was Vera Vetrova (Ulyakina) ^^ she had a break in this club season

Thanks. And thanks to Sidney too. I didnt know Ulyakina had a break.
    And talking about "high quality setters"...what happend with Sheshenina?

• Just a tip:

Xue Ming will be an audience of watching the matches in Hong Kong.

In fact, some old players in the former China NT such as Zhao Ruirui, Sun Yue and so forth will do it.

Xue Ming doesn't retire but she will be a stitutate of middle-blockers of Team Beijing due to her weak body.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

Edited once, last by tomen ().

• Argentina plays better this year but i dont think that its enough to beat turkey.They could beat germany cause germany just let them to play with useless attacks,turkey is really powerful for germany :roll:

Serbia is clearly the stronger team but netherlands is definetly not an easy team to beat.So i hope that would be really great to watch.And for germany-japan.Even turkey couldnt handle to beat japan with their powerful attacks so i think there is no chance for germany today.More if guidetti still tries the useless 'tips way' japan wont allow germany to reach 20 points for each set.Although hope to see different german team with good blocks and strong attacks thanks to izquierdo