2013 FIVB World Grand Prix

• thansk for the answer Pappi and Akileya<

i watched Bra-Jap match...i paid some attention to Gabi for the first time.(i had heard from some users here on how good she was but i didnt watche her a lot.) what a talented and smart player Gabi is!! i wonder how her performance will be agaisnt China.she and Thaisa were the best players on Brasilian side.i wonder if Sheila's era is over or not ?though she(sheila) looked eager to play volleyball but coundnt contibute much.1
    i think Brasil is the biggest cand. for thre title then China.Gabi and Garay are very good players but Brasil alway makes difference with its middles: Thaisa and Fabiana.thats the most key element of Brasil.take the middles out of the team ,Brasil would be more a beatable team.

• I like Gabi too.. she jump very easily and hits very strong! I thinks he makes this current Brazil team, how to say, something new.. If you know what I mean.. They are Brazil, they have their own style but every other team (except for Serbia) has newer players and their game has changed a bit.. Well Gabi is that x factor for Brazil that brings freshness and something new to the team

• Chinese Pinyin: Yi'er Zou ! (means: One, Two, Go!)
    simillar to: Allez!

I think it's "yi er jia you", and "jiayou" is combined together like "jiao", but not "zou", though means the same

• So far, 3 young talented players born in 1994 impress me the most: Gabi, Zhu Ting, and Miyashita.

Gabi is such a good all-around player that I think she can totally fill in the position which Jaqueline left behind, she could be the most reliable OH of Bra NT for the next 11 years! :thumbup:

Zhu, having stolen thunder from everyone else during JWCH, including Gabi, shows a lot of her potential in attacking, and also improves her receiving and defending everyday :heart:

Miyashita, it's never easy to be the setter of JPN NT, not to mention covering the blank of Takeshita, but she did it. She keeps running the team in fast speed and give spikers enough 1-on-1 opportunities, if not as many as Takeshita could. Plus she's a better blocker and a decent defender.

• Diouf is still very yound and not experienced..this is her first year with senior Nt,the season just ended was her first one as starter and we have to consider also that she was injuried..just give her some time to become more confident on herself!

That's the point..she has to play! If we want a new team we have to start letting play these young players because only playing they will gain it..that's what Mencarelli said in an interview, and I agree with him...maybe we won't obtain anything right away, but these young girls have to play! :box:

• thanks, sly, i found it after i asked that by going to the multimedia section.

(look, we don't want you to go away, it's just sometimes your negative attitude is a bit too much.)

3 more matches tonight, i don't think i'll be able to catch them all again... but prolly just catch the first one, US x ITA.

• thanks, sly, i found it after i asked that by going to the multimedia section.

(look, we don't want you to go away, it's just sometimes your negative attitude is a bit too much.)

3 more matches tonight, i don't think i'll be able to catch them all again... but prolly just catch the first one, US x ITA.

i dont know what trolling your talking about but if there is one who trolls here to much it is you with your every minute post of everything you think about in this thread and for your information,,ive been in this group since 2008 and thats 5 years older than most of the new here and havent had anyone complain about me just you who keeps on pointing out me as a troll who is in fact you who is trolling all the time

youre just 5 months here and people here has many opinions but all are heard and all are accepeted so dont you lash on me and learn how to be a polite netizens and dont pick up fight just because of difference in opinion,,and please respect old members

• just some points regarding the finalists.. :)

USA
    * Now that I'm used to seeing USA's new game play, I can definitely see of loopholes in them. Alisha may set the ball as fast as she wants to, but that speed doesn't allow her hitters to hit the ball in a better position. Her setting is fast but low and in that angle and position (more specifically position 4), the hitter can only send the ball on the line or INTO the block. The Brazilians greatly exploited that weakness with their blockers and diggers at perfect place.
    * the OH, while powerful, are just making too many mistakes. I've lost count on how many balls Hildebrand sent out. Is she trying to break a world guiness record? :wall:
    * While Harmotto is one of the best MBs, it's clear that without another scorer supporting her her level will go downhill... :(

JAPAN:
    * That match against Brazil was CLOSE. Even if it's 3:0, Japan is slowly regaining their form which made them bronze medalists at the last world championship. Saori really plays well with fast setters, huh? Just looking back at her performance galatasaray, she looks like a totally different player. :lol:

BRAZIL:
    * Sheilla is not in form though most probably than not she'll come back strongly again. It's difficult to fill in her position though. :( I don't think Monique can fill that in but she's a good backup. Perhaps Natalia (I prefer her as OPP than OH with that terrible reception of hers) or Tandara can do that, but they need to work hard.
    * I still believe that the most problematic position in Brazil is the Middle position and not because of Thaisa and Fabiana who are imo the best MB duo in the world right now, but because they lack backups. Adenisia is/was good but she's not performing well this year and Juciely is aging. :( Once Fabiana and/or Thaisa become unavailable (like injury), Brazil will be in a pinch.
    * side note: I'm astonished that Thaisa can move quickly with those boob jobs of her. Those silicons are ticking time bombs... :lol: :dance6: :rolll:

CHINA:
    * Zhu Ting.. :white: :super: I'm pretty sure everyone else is excited on her evolution as a volleyball player. She's so good at 18 years of age. Imagine how good she'll be after a few more years. :rose: :white:
    * I LOOOVVEEE what Lang ping did to this team. While I always want Zhu Ting to appear on court, I understand Lang Ping's reasoning why there are many times Zhu is out. China CANNOT rely on a single player always. Look at what happened to China after Athens Olympics: After 2004, China started relying on power hitters more and more and that put extreme pressure on Wang Yimei, hui ruiqi, etc. The other players SHOULD step it up and it's working. While their reception is still problematic, it's clear that Lang Ping is focusing on that. :drink:

SERBIA: They are playing men's volleyball as always but brakocevic and Mihajlovic are key factors with their attacks. Another factor is their much improved block (RASIC!!!!! :flower: ) and defense.

• still,,this grand prix is far from the performance we've seen prior olympics and world cup,,main gunners of each team are all in leave resting or retired,,hope veterans will soon get back or lets just hope this new teams start to develop into international caliber level or find some decent coaches who can yield them to be better unlike what they have now

• just some points regarding the finalists.. :)

USA
    * Now that I'm used to seeing USA's new game play, I can definitely see of loopholes in them. Alisha may set the ball as fast as she wants to, but that speed doesn't allow her hitters to hit the ball in a better position. Her setting is fast but low and in that angle and position (more specifically position 4), the hitter can only send the ball on the line or INTO the block. The Brazilians greatly exploited that weakness with their blockers and diggers at perfect place.
    * the OH, while powerful, are just making too many mistakes. I've lost count on how many balls Hildebrand sent out. Is she trying to break a world guiness record? :wall:
    * While Harmotto is one of the best MBs, it's clear that without another scorer supporting her her level will go downhill... :(

also, did you notice how many times fawcett couldn't kill the ball? can't tell if it was her errors but i think mostly it was bad sets...

hildebrandt doesn't just hit out, she sends the ball to the rafters!!!!!!

• also, did you notice how many times fawcett couldn't kill the ball? can't tell if it was her errors but i think mostly it was bad sets...

hildebrandt doesn't just hit out, she sends the ball to the rafters!!!!!!

actually, in my opinion, the USA is trying to emulate a Brazlian style of play circa 2005-2008 with fofao. very fast setting with lots of combination plays. the main difference is that at times, the hitters can't keep up with that speed. Kiraly also almost killed the pipe from position 1, from the opposite. :( and that usually is the most dominant position on the USA side with Hooker/metcalf.

then again, this is a young team. they can still improve. USA didn't won a lot of matches last 2009 but they started to become a threat just a year after that. :)

About Kiraly, it's still too early to tell if he's a good coach or not. I like his attitude but perhaps a little anger and guidance will be helpful during timeouts. But at the end of the day, the players themselves must learn to dig deep. They are the ones who are in court after all.

• glass makes plenty of bad sets,,if the whole team is there larson logan scotaruda akindradewo hooker bown,,she'd set really carefully and accurately for this veterans,,she seems to slack off knowing she's just playing with young players

too bad carli lloyd is injured thats why she cant play in the national team

• USA's transition setting is not giving their hitters good chances. I know the plan is to go fast but the first goal should be for the ball to be 'hittable' :white:

im with you,, it seems glass just throws the ball and aint really setting it,,most of her sets to outside hiiters and murphy are way to far the net that just gets wasted for you cant actually hit that ball that hard if youre way too far from the net and you cant anymore target the open spaces of the opponent

most of the teams are playing fast games and executing it well like thailand china korea japan and brazil but i think theyre asking too much from glass if we force her to do that,,she's quite tall and slow and not at deceptive as the other setters of the other countries

• Glass is very unstable today, even with the MBs. Ok set the ball fast, but it need to be higher.