2013 CEV Youth European Championship - Serbia / Montenegro

• MVP: Anastasia Guerra (Italy)

Best SPIKER: Pelin Aroguz (Turkey)

Best BLOCKER: Hande Baladin (Turkey)

Best SERVER: Maja Aleksic (Serbia)

Best LIBERO: Marianna Maggipinto (Italy)

Best RECEIVER: Pola Nowakowska (Poland)

Best SETTER: Eva Mori (Slovenia)

Best SCORER: Anthi Vasilantonaki (Greece)

• For Turkish team:
    i like Hande Baladin as blocker, (i didnt pay much attaention to her attacks)
    Pelin Aroğuz is one the best opp of the tournament.
    Arelya Karasoy has a good technique( soft fingers) ,her sets are of good quality, id like to see her setting to middles more than its been. so far.
    our Ohs reception is shaky....Rida Erlalelitepe (hard surname huh :D )is a good attacker but her reception is needed to improve a lot.Ada Germen is alittle better at receiving than Rida but worse than Rida as attacker...
    we have to improve some of the points in our game till Thailand..

in other teams some players atracted my attention : Schaffer,Smarzek,Vasilantonaki,Sara (ıtalian blocker),one of the ıtalian Ohs (?),Russian libero,
    i like polish setters' trying to set to middles as much as possible.

• I tought the best blocker would be Sara Bonifacio! ;( but the rest I agree, even with the MVP: Guerra was the most all-around player of the tournament...

• Congrats all the girs who took an individual award.. :drink:
    Congrats. Pelin and Hande :super: :super:
    im surprised at best setter...congrats to that girl too.

• I tought the best blocker would be Sara Bonifacio! ;( but the rest I agree, even with the MVP: Guerra was the most all-around player of the tournament...

I am also shocked with best blocker, although Hande showed very impressive performance with 1 block average per set, Bonifacio deserved it more (10 blocks in final means a lot! :aww: ) Also for server I was surprised :what: Strantzali has 59 aces with 1.26 average while Aleksic only 17 aces with 0.68 average :wall: Also Schafer or Ada Germen deserved award more :down: For MVP, Guerra seemed very stable and efficient however I wish Smarzek received MVP award :rose:

• Hande also did a very good job like Sara :win: :drink:

Congratulations Poland.Italia finished with so many errors.

BTW Strantzali(Gre) should take the award for best server and best scorer(and not Vasilantonaki).Best server Aleksic(SRB)??? Olga just made 59 aces (including tha first phase) and she had set average 1,26(the best one).The second one Vasilantonaki finished with 29 aces...That's redicoulous.I don't even agree for the award of setter.CEV as always is drunked...

• CEV is a comedy. They awarded MVP to Brakocevic at CEV F4 (instead of Montano) and people here said "CEV does so because MVP is selected by CEV from winner team.." Now, what's that? Double standard.. And, only one award to Polish girls? My MVP goes to the captain of Poles as they all showed good team play.

• Julia Schäfer hasn't played in qualification matches, and in CEV statistics, she is listed with 143 points in 7 matches. The Greek girl that won best scorer award has, if I counted right, 137 points from the 7 matches in the main tournament, so why did she get the award??? :wall:

• Hande as Best Blocker is correct. She has more blocks than anyone in this final tournament.
    But, Pelin might not be there in the list. It could be given to someone else.
    Anyway, other than blocker and scorer as these are based on nr of blocks and scores, all other awards are subjective.
    But, most important award, MVP, should have been given to Poles.

• Julia Schäfer hasn't played in qualification matches, and in CEV statistics, she is listed with 143 points in 7 matches. The Greek girl that won best scorer award has, if I counted right, 137 points from the 7 matches in the main tournament, so why did she get the award??? :wall:

There are official statistics.Olga finished first.Vasilantonaki finished second.It's not my problem if CEV decided that some countries should not play the first phase.Imo all the countries should play the first phase.And what's your problem with the greek girls?Do you agree about the awards for the setter,the blocker,the server?

PS I don't send too many posts because i don't like to have opinion for every argument just like you with 7.000 posts,but i have to tell you something.Don't criticize everything and everyone inside here.You speak a so much...not now but all the time.

• Big congrats to poland i have just watched first two sets and i thought it would be an easy win for italia :white: Poland is the country of volley in europe so this win has so much sense and italy is the best team for using talents in senior level so poland-italy are the winners of this tournament in all.I hope turkey will make better things in that way cause when u dont use the talents ,medals dont work for volley

• IMO, there should be no individual awards at all (especially at youth / junior level). It's a team sport and nobody can "shine" without the performance of others. They should learn first that "the team is the star". But i know, the press needs names.

• There are official statistics.Olga finished first.Vasilantonaki finished second.It's not my problem if CEV decided that some countries should not play the first phase.Imo all the countries should play the first phase.And what's your problem with the greek girls?Do you agree about the awards for the setter,the blocker,the server?

PS I don't send too many posts because i don't like to have opinion for every argument just like you with 7.000 posts,but i have to tell you something.Don't criticize everything and everyone inside here.You speak a so much...not now but all the time.

Germany played first phase too, but Schäfer was injured at that time :roll: And if you go by those "official stats", then Olga should have won the award...and I have no problem at all with Greek girls, just with CEV awards. Blocker award is ok because Haladin played well, server award no idea but probably it's wrong too, but I only explained scorer award because it's the easiest to calculate.

If you don't like my posts, there is an explanation how to ignore users in the technical support section.

• You are not accustom with unfair individual awards?

In my opinion ~30-50% individual awards for players it's a bad or stupid choice of most tournaments... especially in position - setter. ;)

The most important is place of team, I don't care about it :thumbup:

• IMO, there should be no individual awards at all (especially at youth / junior level). It's a team sport and nobody can "shine" without the performance of others. They should learn first that "the team is the star". But i know, the press needs names.

Good point :thumbup: