• no, he's a tall thin young blond/redhead guy -- he was an assistant coach at the 2007 world cup and 2008 olympic games. might be an american former player?

Tom Hogan

Bio

• Stacy also speaks portuguese. Sykora visited Brazil this year and was watching Unilever X Sollys (the final), after playing in Italy. She was called for interview during sets and... between a mamma mia here, another there... :dance6:she spoke a clear portuguese (clap, clap!). :thumbup:

• Has anybody seen how Cassidy Lichtman's potential as an outside hitter is? I recall she used to be Stanford's main setter, even though that wasn't her natural position. But since she had main setting duties, I didn't often get to see her offensive potential. I know her reception is decent, maybe even though her offense might be a little lackluster she could be in the lineup for a more defensive role?

• Has anybody seen how Cassidy Lichtman's potential as an outside hitter is? I recall she used to be Stanford's main setter, even though that wasn't her natural position. But since she had main setting duties, I didn't often get to see her offensive potential. I know her reception is decent, maybe even though her offense might be a little lackluster she could be in the lineup for a more defensive role?

Last season, she played for Hôtel Cristal VFM in Switzerland (i don't know, where she will play next season). She played as an OH there. But without any stats available ( :roll: ) , it's hard to say if her role was generally more defensive or offensive. In the two matches i saw VFM play, i had the impression that the opponent teams were trying to take her out of the offensive game serving towards her as much as they can. But i'm far away to be an expert in such things.

Anyway, she made it to the USA NT despite her story (of physical problems). That's pretty impressive. :rose:

• Faucette singing USA national anthem before the match vs. Japan at USA Volleyball Cup

_fjykRjj084

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• USA NT is playing a 3-match tournament with Japan in the first edition of the USA Volleyball Cup. USA defeated Japan in the first match 3-1.

1y3-5dY-I7E#at=7943

• Berg started again to train with the NT but she is not playing yet

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Any info about USA (red) x USA (blue) match ? Harmotto wrote that she will be able to play at this match

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Surprisingly, no. There's no info about it on facebook pages related to USAV nor on their website. And they were always very quick with the information.

• Christa Harmotto

USA vs USA match tonight at Harvard Westlake HS--pretty excited to finally play with my rad teammates #thelionisoutofhercage

Harmotto tweeted it yesterday that's why i asked :D

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Yeah, they've annouced this 2 games (the second one will be played on 26th of July) on Thursday. :)

• Don't get me wrong, I love her and she is a great player, but not sure If she wants to play in Rio is a little bit arrogant.. I mean look at Sott she is 40.. and she trains with USA NT again this summer.. Look at Logan, she is 4 time olympian, and she still hasn't retired for NT.. they need her. Also Larson has become a better all around OH, and if Tom is not there, even if Tom is USA needs her.. she certainly can be there in RIO.. 29 is not old.. not nearly, Sokolova is 36... So I think Larson should be there

• I always thought Larson extremely arrogant, and his socializing in Russia only increased

• Don't get me wrong, I love her and she is a great player, but not sure If she wants to play in Rio is a little bit arrogant.. I mean look at Sott she is 40.. and she trains with USA NT again this summer.. Look at Logan, she is 4 time olympian, and she still hasn't retired for NT.. they need her. Also Larson has become a better all around OH, and if Tom is not there, even if Tom is USA needs her.. she certainly can be there in RIO.. 29 is not old.. not nearly, Sokolova is 36... So I think Larson should be there

Arrogant is not the correct word choice. She clearly stated that she had other priorities and wanted to be sure that she was able to give all of her effort and energy to the program if she was indeed going to make a push for Rio and not do it half-heartedly. To me, that's indicative of someone who is mature and considerate of others. With her taking this summer off to focus on other areas of her life, other players will get the opportunity to train and travel.

DihArnone, if you think Larson is "extremely arrogant" I would hate to think how you would describe players from Brazil.

• Arrogant is not the correct word choice. She clearly stated that she had other priorities and wanted to be sure that she was able to give all of her effort and energy to the program if she was indeed going to make a push for Rio and not do it half-heartedly. To me, that's indicative of someone who is mature and considerate of others. With her taking this summer off to focus on other areas of her life, other players will get the opportunity to train and travel.

DihArnone, if you think Larson is "extremely arrogant" I would hate to think how you would describe players from Brazil.

Ok you're right.. maybe arrogant was not the most suitable word.. however not nice.. And I think her not playing this summer is good.. she deserved it as well as Akinradewo.. Not talking about that, talking about Rio especially and she NEEDS to makwe a push u know,, USA needs her, the trust her.. being a veteran is not just being older, is how you behave, you're role..

• Arrogant is not the correct word choice. She clearly stated that she had other priorities and wanted to be sure that she was able to give all of her effort and energy to the program if she was indeed going to make a push for Rio and not do it half-heartedly. To me, that's indicative of someone who is mature and considerate of others. With her taking this summer off to focus on other areas of her life, other players will get the opportunity to train and travel.

I also think the immature and arrogant, why do not I support Brazil NT.

• It looks like when in Italy we talk about Piccinini and Lo Bianco: Lo Bianco has an year off and she's ok, Piccinini has an year off and she is arrogant. Lo Bianco does nothing because nobody in Italy knows her out from volleyball world and it is ok; Piccinini is in all tv spots or she's doing photo books for the magazines and she is a stupid blonde girl who just can get naked in front of camera. Come on, take it easy. Larson wanted and year off and she totally deserved it. Don't you forget she's one the most important players in the USA NT, when she was less confident during the Olympic Games USA lost the final. Do you remeber McCutcheon putting Hodge in Larson's place? That's what I mean. She will be back stronger than before. Right know I guess she's the player who has been longer in Russian Superleague. I can't rembember a foreign player there for 4 seasons in a row. It sounds like a record! :cup:

• It looks like when in Italy we talk about Piccinini and Lo Bianco: Lo Bianco has an year off and she's ok, Piccinini has an year off and she is arrogant. Lo Bianco does nothing because nobody in Italy knows her out from volleyball world and it is ok; Piccinini is in all tv spots or she's doing photo books for the magazines and she is a stupid blonde girl who just can get naked in front of camera. Come on, take it easy. Larson wanted and year off and she totally deserved it. Don't you forget she's one the most important players in the USA NT, when she was less confident during the Olympic Games USA lost the final. Do you remeber McCutcheon putting Hodge in Larson's place? That's what I mean. She will be back stronger than before. Right know I guess she's the player who has been longer in Russian Superleague. I can't rembember a foreign player there for 4 seasons in a row. It sounds like a record! :cup:

Totally agree, she's doing really good job in NT and as everyone she also needs some time off. I don't really understand why she's arrogant, she only wants to focus on other important things in her life. Talking about age, one player wants to play longer in NT like Scott-Aruda, other wants to have a child or knows that she won't be so much determined as she was earlier and gives up. It depends on a player, not everyone wants to be in NT till 35 or longer. About playing in Russia, Jordan throughout these years got used to mentality and culture there and she probably likes it ^^ 4 years in Russia for a foreigner exactly is a quite long time there :)

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game