• I read an interwiew Sykora gave to the FIVB Magazine. She said that she realized she wasn't ready to play in London. She cried her eyes out bacause she really wanted to be there.
    She just watched the gold medal match because her sister told her they were in final. She wouldn't watch volleyball matches at all, it was too sad for her. She still has some troubles with her vision, because when something moves her eyes don't move together. She doesn't consider herself like a retired player because her body says to her she is not. She feels to be just 90% retired and she won't give up on her volleyball carrer until there's hope she can get better. She may be back on court in future.

I wish her the best! :rose: :heart:

• old question, who's the cute guy who was lang ping's assistant in 2007-2008?

Ferhat Akbaş? He worked with Lang Ping in Turk Telekom and then went to China with her and he was her assistant in Evergrande.He works with Guidetti in Vakıfbank and Barbollini in Turkish NT..

• To me, It's not surprising. Most of americans I've met aren't interested in learning languages since English is used everywhere.

• To me, It's not surprising. Most of americans I've met aren't interested in learning languages since English is used everywhere.

I don't think it's fair to say its a matter of interest. It's a matter of practicality. Many players speak English and the whole point of language is to communicate. There are plenty of players who have played in Russia and Turkey for extended periods of time (far longer than Lloyd's two years) and I HIGHLY doubt they speak fluent Turkish or Russian and it's not for a lack of interest.

• I don't think it's fair to say its a matter of interest. It's a matter of practicality. Many players speak English and the whole point of language is to communicate. There are plenty of players who have played in Russia and Turkey for extended periods of time (far longer than Lloyd's two years) and I HIGHLY doubt they speak fluent Turkish or Russian and it's not for a lack of interest.

Well, I haven't seen any american players being so fluent in european languages...at least from what I've seen through the interviews. Maybe only Logan Tom with her great spoken portuguese.

• I don't think it's fair to say its a matter of interest. It's a matter of practicality. Many players speak English and the whole point of language is to communicate. There are plenty of players who have played in Russia and Turkey for extended periods of time (far longer than Lloyd's two years) and I HIGHLY doubt they speak fluent Turkish or Russian and it's not for a lack of interest.

Turkish is so much different from European languages and it is so hard for a foreign to learn Turkish. However many European languages' grammer are so much alike that is why Italian is so much easier for the players to learn..

• Well, I haven't seen any american players being so fluent in european languages...at least from what I've seen through the interviews. Maybe only Logan Tom with her great spoken portuguese.

Dani Scott speak portuguese better than Logan :lol: ^^

• Plus Logan speaks (or used to speak) fluent italian.

• Ferhat Akbaş? He worked with Lang Ping in Turk Telekom and then went to China with her and he was her assistant in Evergrande.He works with Guidetti in Vakıfbank and Barbollini in Turkish NT..

no, he's a tall thin young blond/redhead guy -- he was an assistant coach at the 2007 world cup and 2008 olympic games. might be an american former player?