Serbia NT 2013

• i wouldn t go so far to say sanja will have a great year in brasil yet to me she seems way to unsecure after the injury so i have huge doubts she will do great in brasil imo she will be the biggest flop in brasil history and i m kinda a fan of her so not hating or anything just my gut feeling

• Serbian roster for WCh qualies:

S: Maja Ognjenović, Bojana Živković, Danica Radenković, Slađana Mirković
    OPP: Jovana Brakočević, Ana Bjelica, Tijana Bošković, Nataša Čikiriz
    L: Suzana Ćebić, Nina Rosić
    MB: Nataša Krsmanović, Milena Rašić, Nađa Ninković, Stefana Veljković, Jovana Stevanović, Maja Savić
    OH: Jelena Nikolić, Brižitka Molnar, Brankica Mihajlović, Tijana Malešević, Sanja Malagurski, Bjanka Buša

Again no Antonijevic. This is becoming somewhat symtompatic.
    It looks like Terzic is definitely not counting on Blagojevic and I don't really understand it. She could be quite useful.
    Also, Vesovic is not on the list. She was there when she was completely useless, now she's putting up some decent stats in Turkish league and she's out. Meh.

• I don't get it either. Molnar is completely out of her best shape currently and both Vesovic, Blagojevic are better than her however he doesn't give a crap.

No Antonijevic :down: Ognjenovic didn't play so well in ECH and I really wished to see Ana. too bad.

• I don't get it either. Molnar is completely out of her best shape currently and both Vesovic, Blagojevic are better than her however he doesn't give a crap.

No Antonijevic :down: Ognjenovic didn't play so well in ECH and I really wished to see Ana. too bad.

Maja is one of the best setters in the world but her performance lately had been going down.. She is setting Brakocevic every ball she has and also she doesn't make the opposing blockers jump for nothing like she was famous for... So yes, Serbia needs Antonijevic.. I am glad Radenkovic is here so I hope she'll be the second setter

• Maja is one of the best setters in the world but her performance lately had been going down.. She is setting Brakocevic every ball she has and also she doesn't make the opposing blockers jump for nothing like she was famous for... So yes, Serbia needs Antonijevic.. I am glad Radenkovic is here so I hope she'll be the second setter

Yeah, I kinda agree with you despite I'm quite sure Maja would have played miles better If Mihajlovic was healthy. She is not afraid of setting balls for the middle that's how she makes the opponents jump for nothing.
    Radenkovic is clearly better than Zivkovic, although I'm not impressed by her current performance in Schwerin...I mean she could play better.

Sad for Antonijevic...

• anyone knows why is she not playing WC qualification in Baku?

• Zivkovic is a good setter but why is Antonijevic not in the roster? she might play better as Zivkovic

• there are players in the men's team named rasic, starovic and krsmanovic. are these brother-sister duos in the SRB men's and women's nat. teams?????

Milena Rasic and Milan Rasic aren't related at all, just the same name. Sasha and Sanja are brother and sister. No clue about Krsmanovic but I don't think so...

• Seeing the Miss Inside Volley topic made me think.. Is there a reason Ivana Nesovic is never invited to play for the NT? For ex. during the Olympics when Jovana was injured she would've been a good option

She is doing well at Çanakkale Belediyes, too many unforced errors for an Opposite player :aww: Younger Ana Bjelica is a better option to invest. Also before Nesoviç there are Boskoviç and Çıkıriz who are good prospects

• She is doing well at Çanakkale Belediyes, too many unforced errors for an Opposite player :aww: Younger Ana Bjelica is a better option to invest. Also before Nesoviç there are Boskoviç and Çıkıriz who are good prospects

Well I know.. I did not say she should be called but she was certainly better than Starovic for the Olympics and as far as I remember she has played very little in NT. There were times when she could've been called and she was not.. I am not saying she should be called, maybe there are some problems with Terzic as many others

• yeah okay, blame Terzic for everything. I have question, why is only Terzic on wall of shame? almost every coach gives up on same players!

Then how do you explain Anotijevic's absence from NT. Maja is underperforming lately and we all know what Bojana can do, so I think many people think Ana should've been a starter, and not even talk about not being second setter.. Also what is the reason of having Molnar in NT when she is playing so poor for like 3 years in a row and not having Vesovic invited.. I know she is not a great player but she certainly is a more useful defensive OH that Molnar.

• Nesovic was considered a big prospect some 6-7 years ago and got some play time on NT back then, but just when she was about to make a serious mark she starting having problems with injuries and illness and kinda fell off the map. She was in consideration for a spot on NT a few times in recent years but never made the cut.

There's no conflict with Antonijevic that I'm aware of, Terzic always praised her a lot and stated that she's just as good as Ognjenovic and that Maja is the first choice simply because she's more experienced. Ana's injury problems have kept her away from the team lately, I dunno, perhaps Terzic wants to give her enough time to fully recover. I certainly hope to see her back on NT ASAP.

He's well known to be stubborn and insist on some players while ignoring the others, he's always been like that. Anyway, he said we'll see some new players at WCh, so we'll see who he has in mind.

• Nesovic was considered a big prospect some 6-7 years ago and got some play time on NT back then, but just when she was about to make a serious mark she starting having problems with injuries and illness and kinda fell off the map. She was in consideration for a spot on NT a few times in recent years but never made the cut.

There's no conflict with Antonijevic that I'm aware of, Terzic always praised her a lot and stated that she's just as good as Ognjenovic and that Maja is the first choice simply because she's more experienced. Ana's injury problems have kept her away from the team lately, I dunno, perhaps Terzic wants to give her enough time to fully recover. I certainly hope to see her back on NT ASAP.

He's well known to be stubborn and insist on some players while ignoring the others, he's always been like that. Anyway, he said we'll see some new players at WCh, so we'll see who he has in mind.

I know that that;s why I am not saying she should be in NT team, but if Molnar can why can't she?! She is performing better than Molnar nowadays

• because on OPP he has Brakocevic, Bjelica and even Malagurski can play so no trouble there and Mihajlovic as OH is really powerful hitter, so why he will bring more power in the team? on OH he has a lot problem, reception is weak spot of Serbian team, so comparing Molnar and Nesovic is really wrong.

Its like you ask why Hugh didn't call Glass Kimberly in NT???? It was his decision!!!

• because on OPP he has Brakocevic, Bjelica and even Malagurski can play so no trouble there and Mihajlovic as OH is really powerful hitter, so why he will bring more power in the team? on OH he has a lot problem, reception is weak spot of Serbian team, so comparing Molnar and Nesovic is really wrong.

Its like you ask why Hugh didn't call Glass Kimberly in NT???? It was his decision!!!

I did not have a problem with the decision I simply asked you got all fired up about Terzic.. and we all know he is known for having problems with some players..
    Now I see i read it wrong in the previous post :wall: I thought it said Vesovic and it said Nesovic.. but it doesn't matter I made my point when I quoted your post. I was just simply asking if there was some story behind it.. you defended Terzic that's how we got talking about this.. And FYI Kim Glass was injured throughout 2009 so she did not make the cut in 2010. She got back in 2011 but she was not needed since they had Megan who is a attacking OH, then Hugh picked Barboza.. And as far as we all can see Molnar is not passing as she should be.. neither is Nikolic nor Mihajlovic.. so I see no reason to have a passer like Vesovic in the team