Alassio Cup 2013

• This Brazil NT isn't the main team to Zé. Sheilla, Jaqueline, Fabiana and Thaisa are untouchable till now. When Fabiana and Thaisa play, Juciely and Adenizia are out. If they didn't play in these tournaments, when will they play? Same about Camila Brait, Pri Daroit and Monique. Obviously, Montreux and Alassio is to sharpen up more than to win to Brazil too, but coaches have different ideas about how to step up their teams and teams are in different situations. Zé Roberto thinks different than Manabe and Guidetti, but considering he won the Olympic Games for three times and we are in preparation to Rio 2016, he's the greatest authority in these matters. They just have different point of views. To Brazil NT is useless now to put all new players to play. In their mind, Garay and Dani Lins are important backups to Camila, Daroit and the middles. We started with Elen in Montreux, but Elen, Camila and Daroit were playing a bad game till Garay was in. With Garay, the captain, Daroit and Camila started to play a secure game and I agree with Zé at this point. Same about Claudinha. How will Juciely and Adenizia play if you are testing a new setter and middles at the same time? It's useless. They'll stabilize the team before changing setter. Second, the best preparation to the future is doing the best you can do now. You must start to develop soon and not expect the main competitions. If you develop now you can develop another things in the future. If not, you will start late and having to do what you doesn't in the past. Brazil isn't joking because they want win World Championship next year and they'll have a lot of pressure here to win the Olympics.

• This Brazil NT isn't the main team to Zé. Sheilla, Jaqueline, Fabiana and Thaisa are untouchable till now. When Fabiana and Thaisa play, Juciely and Adenizia are out. If they didn't play in these tournaments, when will they play? Same about Camila Brait, Pri Daroit and Monique. Obviously, Montreux and Alassio is to sharpen up more than to win to Brazil too, but coaches have different ideas about how to step up their teams and teams are in different situations. Zé Roberto thinks different than Manabe and Guidetti, but considering he won the Olympic Games for three times and we are in preparation to Rio 2016, he's the greatest authority in these matters. They just have different point of views. To Brazil NT is useless now to put all new players to play. In their mind, Garay and Dani Lins are important backups to Camila, Daroit and the middles. We started with Elen in Montreux, but Elen, Camila and Daroit were playing a bad game till Garay was in. With Garay, the captain, Daroit and Camila started to play a secure game and I agree with Zé at this point. Same about Claudinha. How will Juciely and Adenizia play if you are testing a new setter and middles at the same time? It's useless. They'll stabilize the team before changing setter. Second, the best preparation to the future is doing the best you can do now. You must start to develop soon and not expect the main competitions. If you develop now you can develop another things in the future. If not, you will start late and having to do what you doesn't in the past. Brazil isn't joking because they want win World Championship next year and they'll have a lot of pressure here to win the Olympics.

Totally agree :drink:

• I'm using Google Chrome as a browser. The stream works quite well :win:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

I just wonder why Adenizia, Juciely didn't ever have the chance to play before?..exactly cause when we have the main team they don't receive a chance, no matter the tournament that is, like now the other in bench don't receive chances, I think that is vicious habit from Brasil teams. If Fabiana, Thaisa, Sheilla didn't have asked a year free, that would still be going...and I think again, in my opinion, is a mistake. Alassio will sharpen for what? I honestly don't believe that this tournament makes a difference in preparation.

And the point is, this tournaments are exactly to make the players improve...Camila and Daroit should not need Garay to play well....of course with Garay Brazil is more balanced...but these are the tournaments they should use to improve their game in that too. I think.

I understand some of the points you make, like the developing of the game of this starting team...but I still think these small tournaments are the ones to give experience and chances to different players, or they will never have the chance to have that. but again, this is of course just my opinion. It is just that Brazil has some many good players, but rarely they have a chance to receive such opportunity to play.

I hope you understand as well, that we, Net Citizens and avid VB fans, would like to see other players. Not just them (Adenizia, Juciely, and Garay). We know what they can do. Small tournaments, I believe, are made to develop players.

• I just noted both Ze Roberto and Bernardinho used to play always with the same guys. The only players I can remeber enter into their NT groups are Vissotto in place of André Nascimento and Fernanda Garay in place of Sassà. Just in Panamerican Cup they use to play with young guys or new players.

• Turkey starters against Italy

Özge-Polen
    Esra-Güldeniz
    Bahar-Büşra
    Gülden

Only player did not play is Neriman. Probably Barbolini has chance to see what she is capable of during season and now he wants to see other players :whistle:

• Just to add, Im not saying that Adenizia, Jucy should not play at all, not that...just that I would like to see also the other players, maybe one game play one, the other play another.. one day try Michelle instead of Garay...that is what I meant. I think Brazilian girls will have much more to add for themselves, and for brazilian future. ;)

• I just wonder why Adenizia, Juciely didn't ever have the chance to play before?..exactly cause when we have the main team they don't receive a chance, no matter the tournament that is, like now the other in bench don't receive chances, I think that is vicious habit from Brasil teams. If Fabiana, Thaisa, Sheilla didn't have asked a year free, that would still be going...and I think again, in my opinion, is a mistake. Alassio will sharpen for what? I honestly don't believe that this tournament makes a difference in preparation.

And the point is, this tournaments are exactly to make the players improve...Camila and Daroit should not need Garay to play well....of course with Garay Brazil is more balanced...but these are the tournaments they should use to improve their game in that too. I think.

I understand some of the points you make, like the developing of the game of this starting team...but I still think these small tournaments are the ones to give experience and chances to different players, or they will never have the chance to have that. but again, this is of course just my opinion. It is just that Brazil has some many good players, but rarely they have a chance to receive such opportunity to play.

Joana, sorry but you are wrong. Brazil is a relatively young team. There isn't an urgency in testing new players. On the other hand, teams like Italy and Russia NEED to test because they were old teams in London 2012 games, so renewing their squad is a necessity more than anything else.

Also, we had Angelica and Bia's injuries. If it weren't for that, Juciely wouldn't be called.

• it's not that braazil don't give new players a chance but their difference to other nations is while other nations try new lineups all at once brazil on the other hand experiments little by little, i think ze is not the type of coach who will change players for the "sake of getting experience" especially if the position is secured like for example adenia and juicely are both talented however they are competing against the best mb combination from 2008-present in thaisa and fabiana so they (brazil) did not see the need for change, the only time an experiment happens is when a player had a sudden drop of performance or retired much like fofao years ago and mari in 2010 which gave players like dani lins and fe garay more playing time. the question now becomes "what about italy 2014 or rio 2016?" but i think that shouldn't worry brazil too much because even if the veteran players decline they still have enough talent to become title contenders in the next years the kind of teams who should really worry are germany and dominican republic who despite "great team system play" are never able to get to the elite level.

• Joana, sorry but you are wrong. Brazil is a relatively young team. There isn't an urgency in testing new players. On the other hand, teams like Italy and Russia NEED to test because they were old teams in London 2012 games, so renewing their squad is a necessity more than anything else.

Also, we had Angelica and Bia's injuries. If it weren't for that, Juciely wouldn't be called.

It's not just about old and young. Look how much the level of Paula and Mari dropped from 2008 to 2012, even though they were not that old. What if Fe Garay gets a serious injury? What if Fabiana and Thaisa can't keep their levels? Brazil needs alternatives, and tournaments like this are the best opportunity to give them experience and see how they perform on international level, no matter if they'll really be needed in the end.

• Why break working mechanism ? Brazil has substitutes for Fabiana and Thaisa they are called Juciely and Adenizia also Brazil has Bia, Natasha etc for Mb. As for Oh there is Natalia , Gabi etc Brazil isn't in urgent need for replacements like other teams so i don't see reason for bitching all day long how Ze isn't as smart as Gidetti and so on lol He has his own mind and he changes one by one instead of putting up completely new team

• That kind of reinforce also my point, Brazil already has a team, a mechanism as you say...so why not give a chance to young girls to play in Alassio...again I see not the result, the win, but the develop of these players....with the come back of the main players...obviously this won't be the team that will play World Championship or Olympic Games..

And I would understand to play a tounrmanet like GRand prix with Garay, Juciely Adenizia all matches, cause it is a more important tournament and so on..but Alassio Cup? Really? That is just my point.

I can't see a good reason not to give such opportunity for other players in a tournament like this that is all. ^^

I give as example US Team....how many high level players they have, all perfectly prepared to enter the first team. I think Much of that cause they all at some point received a good opportunity to actually play tournaments....maybe Richards is not as good as Logan and Larson...of course, but she is, again in my opinion, more than ready to have the starting role if necessary. Cause she had chances in past to play such tournaments....now she is ready new space is open for other players as well, and so on...

I don't think it should be one or another, I just wished everyone had a chance depending the tournament played.

• That kind of reinforce also my point, Brazil already has a team, a mechanism as you say...so why not give a chance to young girls to play in Alassio...again I see not the result, the win, but the develop of these players....with the come back of the main players...obviously this won't be the team that will play World Championship or Olympic Games..

And I would understand to play a tounrmanet like GRand prix with Garay, Juciely Adenizia all matches, cause it is a more important tournament and so on..but Alassio Cup? Really? That is just my point.

I can't see a good reason not to give such opportunity for other players in a tournament like this that is all. ^^

Eh you are right but i think Ze didn't want to break his winning streak or something lol time will come for youngsters anyway. Juciely, Monique etc never played before so i believe cause of their age Ze wants them too taste this feelings last time before retirement :lol: