Poland - OrlenLiga 2013/2014

• Anyone knows what's up with Dirickx? She's sitting behind the court and isn't in the match roster.
    Gryka totally refuses to set her middles :S

She has got a problem with her knee. Gryka plays better set by set. Tie-Break, come on Impel! :super:

• Today Results:

PGNiG Nafta Piła - BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała 0-3 (23-25 17-25 22-25) MVP: Dorota Wilk report

KS Pałac Bydgoszcz - Tauron MKS Dąbrowa Górnicza 0-3 (19-25 20-25 21-25) MVP: Katarzyna Zaroślińska report

Impel Wrocław - KPS Chemik Police 2-3 (20-25 25-23 27-25 21-25 12-15) MVP: Anna Werblińska report

I watched almost whole match and I'm happy about so exciting a battle and I liked resistance kept by Impel, however it wasn't enough for Chemik today. As you could see Dirickx was out because of knee injury, Gryka played good match and I didn't see significant difference in setting. Also on libero position we didn't see Dorota Medyńska, today played Bogumiła Pyziołek, also with nice performance - she wasn't worse than Sawicka :thumbsup: (though Impel needs her as OH :whistle:). Impel's problem was a lack of good OH - today Mroczkowska had quite high spike efficiency, but not spiked as often as they need it and she sometimes struggled in reception. Brinker was a nightmare as a spiker, overall she had about 20% efficiency :whistle: Konieczna started effectively - she surprised Chemik at the end of 2nd set and was key player at the end of 3rd set. Later she got exhausted and Kaczor changed her. Ewelina Sieczka is after injury and that's the reason why she didn't spike at all, I wonder why Patrycja Polak is still out of game, maybe Aleksandersen doesn't rely on her...

From Chemik the biggest impact on game had duo Werblińska and Glinka, also Bjelica ended many important spikes.

Werblińska asked about her comeback to NT answered that she'll play if she gets a call, so it's possible that we can see her with NT in January :thumbup:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Standings:
    1. KPS Chemik Police 26 (9-0) 27-4 759-576
    2. Atom Trefl Sopot 21 (7-2) 21-8 690-583
    3. Impel Wrocław 20 (7-2) 24-11 795-701
    4. Aluprof Bielsko-Biała 14 (5-4) 17-16 754-744
    5. Beef Master Budowlani Łódź 14 (5-4) 17-19 735-804
    6. Tauron MKS Dąbrowa Górnicza 13 (4-5) 18-18 784-773
    7. Polski Cukier Muszynianka Fakro Bank BPS Muszyna 12 (4-5) 17-20 794-793
    8. Siódemka SK Bank Legionovia Legionowo 9 (2-7) 14-23 757-838
    9. KS Pałac Bydgoszcz 3 (1-8] 7-24 610-753
    10. PGNiG Nafta Piła 3 (1-8] 7-26 657-770

It seems that teams are divided into three groups: leaders (Top 3), middle (4th-7th) and background (last 3, though Legionovia is way nearer to middle than last two)

• Brinker plays in Impel only thanks to Coach. If were another Coach She wouldn't find place there.

Her place is in Bundesliga or Serie A1. There She would have better stats.

• Even in Germany she was terrible before she went abroad :lol: It seems she can play well only in NT...

Even Magda Gryka (9 points 5/7 - 71% 4 blocks) was yesterday better scorer than Brinker :lol: Maren yesterday only 6/36 - 17% + 1 block :whistle:

• Some individual rankings after half of season: (according to league's website, I don't have enough time to count it on my own :()

Best Spikers (in %) - not counting MB and WS with low amount of attempts:
    1. Charlotte Leys (Atom) 44,19
    2. Anna Werblińska (Chemik) 40,61
    3. Małgorzata Glinka-Mogentale (Chemik) 38,42
    4. Katarzyna Konieczna (Impel) 36,9
    5. Anita Kwiatkowska (Budowlani) 36,87

Best Spikers - Efficiency (in %) - not counting MB and WS with low amount of attempts:
    1. Charlotte Leys (Atom) 28,49
    2. Kimberly Hill (Atom) 24,83
    3. Małgorzata Glinka-Mogentale (Chemik) 24,63
    4. Anna Podolec (Atom) 21,35
    5. Joanna Kaczor (Impel) 21,12

Best Blockers per set:
    1. Zuzanna Efimienko (Atom) 1,26
    2. Julia Shelukhina (Atom) 1,24
    3. Agnieszka Kąkolewska (Impel) 1,14
    4. Katarzyna Gajgał-Anioł (Chemik) 1,1
    5. Aleksandra Sikorska (Budowlani) 1,07

Best Setters - Efficiency (in %): - I wonder how they counted it :whistle: it's definitely other way than this from FIVB
    1. Maja Ognjenovic (Chemik) 35,36
    2. Frauke Dirickx (Impel) 30,92
    3. Emilia Kajzer (PGNiG) 26,29
    4. Ewa Cabajewska (Budowlani) 25,34
    5. Iza Bełcik (Atom) 25,18

Higher than some from top 5 were Magdalena Gryka, Lucie Muhlsteinova, Dorota Wilk, Gabriela Jasińska, Marta Biedziak or Kinga Bąk, but they played relatively less often and are back-ups in their clubs. Ozge in ranking is just behind Bełcik (25 %), but I'm not sure if they counted all matches for her account (in stats sheet from Aluprof-Tauron she isn't listed at all :whistle:)

Best Scorers:
    1. Helena Horka (Aluprof) 147
    2. Tamara Kaliszuk (Pałac) 141
    3. Katarzyna Zaroślińska (Tauron) 140
    4. Berenika Tomsia (Legionovia) 129
    5. Heike Beier (Aluprof) 119

Best Scorers per set:
    1. Tamara Kaliszuk (Pałac) 4,55
    2. Helena Horka (Aluprof) 4,45
    3. Katarzyna Zaroślińska (Tauron) 4,12
    4. Ana Bjelica (Chemik) 3,88
    5. Charlotte Leys (Atom) 3,8

Best Servers (Aces/Set):
    1. Ana Bjelica (Chemik) 0,56
    2. Anna Werblińska (Chemik) 0,5
    3. Sylwia Pycia (Budowlani) 0,48
    4. Heike Beier (Aluprof) 0,42
    5. Tamara Kaliszuk (Pałac) 0,32

Best Servers - Efficiency (in %):
    1. Ana Bjelica (Chemik) 6,25
    2. Sylwia Pycia (Budowlani) 5,48
    3. Anna Rybaczewska (Legionovia) 3,77
    4. Frauke Dirickx (Impel) 3,01
    5. Olga Raonic (Legionovia) 2,54

Best Receivers (in %) - not counting players with low amount of attempts:
    1. Agata Sawicka (Chemik) 42,06 - though she didn't play in 4 matches :whistle:
    2. Katarzyna Wysocka (Pałac) 40,22
    3. Mariola Zenik (Atom) 39,32
    4. Sassa (Tauron) 38,51
    5. Paulina Maj (Muszynianka) 37,93

Best Receivers - Efficiency (in %) - not counting players with low amount of attempts:
    1. Agata Sawicka (Chemik) 32,71 - though she didn't play in 4 matches :whistle:
    2. Mariola Zenik (Atom) 31,62
    3. Charlotte Leys (Atom) 28,08
    4. Sassa (Tauron) 27,7
    5. Paulina Maj (Muszynianka) 27,01

If I would choose best team from league players according to stats I'd pick:
    Setters: Maja Ognjenovic, Frauke Dirickx
    Opposites: Ana Bjelica, Anita Kwiatkowska (she plays correctly and has better efficiency than her opponents: Kaczor, Zaroślińska, Horka and Kaliszuk)
    Outside Hitters: Anna Werblińska, Charlotte Leys, Małgorzata Glinka-Mogentale, Bogumiła Pyziołek (maybe didn't play in all matches because Aleksandersen is juggling OHs, except constant starter Brinker, but she's stable receiver as her sister and spikes ball not bad)
    Middle Blockers: Katarzyna Gajgał-Anioł, Julia Shelukhina, Katarzyna Mróz, Ivana Plchotova
    Liberos: Mariola Zenik, Agata Sawicka

We have all starting line-up of Chemik + 3 from Atom, 2 from Impel and 1 from Budowlani and Muszynianka.

And for starting line-up: - 4 from Chemik + 3 from Atom
    Ognjenovic - Leys - Gajgał-Anioł - Bjelica - Werblińska - Shelukhina - Zenik (L)

with bench:
    Dirickx - Glinka-Mogentale - Mróz - Kwiatkowska - Pyziołek - Plchotova - Sawicka (L)

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• About the setter stats: I think Polish league uses the same stats as German league, and here setter efficiency is explained as perfect sets (whatever this means) minus setting mistakes divided through the total amount of sets. That's why setters who are on court only a short time usually lead this ranking :lol: It's a very strange way of judging setters' performance and I think German league website doesn't even provide this ranking any more...

• Ok, but despite the fact that this ranking may be not reliable, Ognjenovic, Dirickx and Bełcik are the best setters in league, I'd add maybe also Olga Raonic here.

• 10th Round:
    06.12 PGNiG Nafta Piła - Impel Wrocław 18:00
    08.12 Atom Trefl Sopot - KPS Chemik Police 14:45 - Polsat Sport
    08.12 Siódemka SK Bank Legionovia Legionowo - Tauron MKS Dąbrowa Górnicza 17:30
    09.12 Beef Macter Budowlani Łódź - BKs Aluprof Bielsko-Biała 18:00 - Polsat Sport
    21.12 KS Pałac Bydgoszcz - Polski Cukier Muszynianka Fakro Bank BPS Muszyna 18:00 (postponed)

instead of Pałac - Muszynianka we'll have one more match in upcoming days - from 12th Round:
    08.12 Pałac Bydgoszcz - Impel Wrocław 17:00

As we can see Impel will have tough upcoming days, 2 matches in 3 days :whistle:

• PGNiG Nafta Piła - Impel Wrocław 3-2 (25-22 25-21 22-25 23-25 15-8] MVP: Agata Babicz report

What a negative surprise by Impel ;( in last set from 9-8 they stopped playing, maybe they disregarded Nafta, all wing-spikers below 35% in spike :what: - Mroczkowska 31, Pyziołek 30, Konieczna 20 - from starters, from bakck-ups: Kaczor 22, Brinker 14, Polak 0, Sieczka 0 ! Thanks to better spike Piła won it, throughout bigger part of match as setter played 48-year old Irina Archangielskaja.

If you don't read transfer thread - Muszyna signed contract with Marina Cvetanovic, Slovenian OPP/OH.
    Other surprise is signing with MB Małgorzata Skorpua by Pałac Bydgoszcz. ^^

• so, this match showed that Impel can play at 120 % against Chemik and now this, for me they will not have medal at the end of season.... :whistle:

• Other surprise is signing with MB Małgorzata Skorupa by Pałac Bydgoszcz. ^^

Source please? :)

• Source please? :)

League webiste, I checked rosters, when I came across Gosia in Pałac and there's written that she's in club from 4th December - I think that's official, do you think that league's website can be unreliable? Unfortunately there is no info on club's website ?(