Olympic Games - Brazil 2016 (qualification process)

• Why ball doesn't hit the floor in the French field?! Does it have a special property? or they use magic or sth? :what: :obey:

• Compared with last year, France has improved further. The biggest improvement comes from Le Goff, who used be the weakest link of the starting line-up. Now he's emerged to become a solid MB, especially in spikes. Tillie was already very good before, and now he's become more and more reliable in spikes, especially in difficult situations.

The entire French team is so enjoyable to watch. This team has to be in Rio.

• Compared with last year, France has improved further. The biggest improvement comes from Le Goff, who used be the weakest link of the starting line-up. Now he's emerged to become a solid MB, especially in spikes. Tillie was already very good before, and now he's become more and more reliable in spikes, especially in difficult situations.

They are in Rio with Russia, unless sth bizarre like an airplane crash happens that 2nd and 3rd team of Europe cant qualify.

• Let us hope the Gods of Volleyball will arrange a re-match between these two excellent teams, under somewhat more motivating circumstances.

I thank the Gods of Volleyball for this arrangement - a bottle of champagne is being sacrificed to them at the moment!

As the champagne is being metabolised, it appears to me that not a single player from either the outstanding French team, or the smart German team has ever played in a tournament in Japan. The Japanese must realise that European volleyball is not just about primitive Mikhaylov or Kurek but there is plenty of exciting action like that from Grebennikov or Kaliberda. Let us hope the Gods of Volleyball can support the reputation of the good old Europe and arrange the bright players to visit the Land of the Rising Sun sometime next year.

• I thank the Gods of Volleyball for this arrangement - a bottle of champagne is being sacrificed to them at the moment!

As the champagne is being metabolised, it appears to me that not a single player from either the outstanding French team, or the smart German team has ever played in a tournament in Japan. The Japanese must realise that European volleyball is not just about primitive Mikhaylov or Kurek but there is plenty of exciting action like that from Grebennikov or Kaliberda. Let us hope the Gods of Volleyball can support the reputation of the good old Europe and arrange the bright players to visit the Land of the Rising Sun sometime next year.

They've definitely played World League games in Japan... As much as I wish to send France and Germany there, I think that Russians and Polish players will bring joy of their appearance to the Japanese fans once again.

They've definitely played World League games in Japan... As much as I wish to send France and Germany there, I think that Russians and Polish players will bring joy of their appearance to the Japanese fans once again.

Germany is a jolly good team, I must say, the motivation will be there for sure and they've beaten their opponents a day ago. (One may say it was a joke of a game - indeed, it was... but confidence is not a joke.) Plus Russia managed to take Grozer out of the game (25% in attack) but there is no guarantee it's going to be like that tomorrow.

The final is vastly a matter of Verbov's/Tetyukhin's condition and Alekno's ambition as Russia has achieved its tournament goal. Confidence is of course on the French side as the group stage game was a disaster but... it was not a disaster-disaster-disaster. Just get more presence in the middle and sort out the issue with transition balls - and we can compete. Would be interesting to bring the benchers (Markin, Berezhko, Sherbinin, Bakun) into the business to make a sort of Dinamo Msk+Bakun version of the team :). The biggest problem of this Russia is that they're a bit raw.

I agree: the team has improved even more, they have a fresh and entertaining game, fast powerful and efficient. Now I'd really like to see how they could be stopped (the las ones were the USA in world League, that have as a team a similar system to the french one).

• Couldn't watch anything today, had to play myself (it was rather "Belgian" style :| ), so no further smart-ass comments from me.

Congrats to Russia and France.

Wouldn't have needed that kind of match tomorrow but ok, here we go :S :super:.

• As predicted, Canada and Cuba will decide tonight which team goes to Olympics or Japan, and Mexico and Puerto will decide which team goes to bullshit tournament.

• Eliminating Poland from Olympics would probably mean that in future we had to live with the stigma of being the "bambi killers" of world volleyball. I could live with this but actually i don't see it happening. But hope dies last.......

• Eliminating Poland from Olympics would probably mean that in future we had to live with the stigma of being the "bambi killers" of world volleyball. I could live with this but actually i don't see it happening. But hope dies last.......

There's a bunch of Germans who would qualify as "bambi killers" of the world football, according to your logics. Nevertheless, I somehow doubt there's any guilt complex among them. It is the goal that one should concentrate on and not the "what-if" scenarios. I think you're overreflecting :).

• I hope Poland to qualify, I could not accept World Champions out of the Olympics game

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Ok Matthias, now what did happen in 2nd set that Poland from 19-19 to 24-19 and now in 3rd set is 18-13 for Germany?