Olympic Games - Brazil 2016 (qualification process)

• Netherlands was playing superb. Very fast in attack and cohesive at defense. Turkey wasn't following and looked tired.

When Turkey is losing, their coach has no idea what the hell he's doing. Polen and Yilmaz altogether to sort out the problems was totally pointless. :aww:

• Germany still has chances, no??! If Croatia beats Ned

• I don't think Gozde is that good of a player. And why does Polen get no chances. One mistake because of a bad passing from Naz and she's out. I really don't understand what Ferhat is trying to do. At the same time Gozde doesn't even understand in which team she's playing. But no we can't take Gozde to the side. Also Neslihan is ok but I'd rather see Polen who is much better right now. And Neriman is always a reliable player. Also Kubra is very long so we needed her blocks today. Only good player he put in was Guidetti.

Yeah but what are the odds?? I just hope for something like what happened to Serbia in World Cup, almost losing to Argentina when that win was all they needed for their ticket to Rio...but really, the way Croatia played today and Netherlands played today could not have been further away from each other.

• not fixed
    but Turkish players didn't come into this match with a fighting spirit

Yeah, but I think Croatia is simply too bad to cause an upset, even if the Dutch get nervous again.

And Russia would definitely prefer to play this Turkey in the semis instead of this Netherlands, so I'm sure they'll go out all guns blazing against Belgium.

• I don't think Gozde is that good of a player. And why does Polen get no chances. One mistake because of a bad passing from Naz and she's out. I really don't understand what Ferhat is trying to do. At the same time Gozde doesn't even understand in which team she's playing. But no we can't take Gozde to the side. Also Neslihan is ok but I'd rather see Polen who is much better right now. And Neriman is always a reliable player. Also Kubra is very long so we needed her blocks today. Only good player he put in was Guidetti.

i think Gözde is one of the most stable players of this team but today she simply couldnt play against Gui and his teammates!

• Now Russia should lose v Belgium to avoid Turkey and They will eliminate Italy from Semis.

It depends on the way Marichev considers Oranje team. Possible it's not a good choice to face Netherlands rather than Turkey.

• I would like both Holland Germany to advance but still happy at least one is in semi-final.

• I don't agree, fighting was the only thing they did well today. But as soon as it came down to having to play well actually, they were lost.

Seriously Matthias, you saw them fighting ?
    What did you write about the Turkish libero ? " Why does he not change the libero when the one on court does nothing in reception and defense? "
    Doing nothing = fighting ?

• Seriously Matthias, you see them fighting ?
    What did you write about the Turkish libero ? " Why does he not change the libero when the one on court does nothing in reception and defense? "
    Doing nothing = fighting ?

Screwing up receptions is not about fighting but about bad technique. And at least in 3rd set Turkey fought like mad in defense...

• I think everybody is overestimating Russia's fear of Italy. We are not anymore a world class team and we will not be at least for another few years. And Russians are too proud to play these mindgames and risking losing their own qualification in order to eliminate this pathetic Italy from Rio.

About Italy... tomorrow we play against Poland, two fallen giants. Whatever happens, I seriously doubt any of them hold a single chance for the top 3. How times have changed, from world top to scrubs fighting for the breadcrumbs of Turkey, Russia and the Netherlands.

• yes, in the 3rd set ...
    and not from the beginning of it

10/25 in the 2nd set ! What a fight ! Never saw Turkish players "fighting" like that before !

• yes, in the 3rd set ...
    and not from the beginning of it

10/25 in the 2nd set ! What a fight ! Never saw Turkish players "fighting" like that before !

agree!
    not having to win this match is a factor but this is mainly Ferhat's fault and her choices,tactics etc.. he couldnt find a away to stop Nets ..the servees were inefficient..they did what they wished..Setter Laura played a good match after bad German match