2014 FIVB World Grand Prix

• if this is official, then looks like another competition of hard work for USA to qualify for finals!

if this is official, then looks like another competition of hard work for USA to qualify for finals!

USA is already in the final since they are the final round host. They can just send their B team and or trying their new players in the first round instead lol. :serve:

• Which city in the US hosts the WGP final 2015? Must be brilliant seeing some international volleyball tournament in such a city like NY, Miami, Chicago, Seattle or LA...maybe it's not one of these.

• It will be in Omaha, Nebraska. Not a big city, but they're absolutely crazy for volleyball.

Nebraska has one of the most sucessful American college teams in women's volleyball. Jordan Larson is from Nebraska.

• Yeah, nothing to be surprised that Robinson plays as smart as Larson and Metcalf :D I wouldn't say she's better than Larson when she was a newbie in NT but definitely she has THE talent to be another Jordan Larson or Logan Tom.

• Yeah, nothing to be surprised that Robinson plays as smart as Larson and Metcalf :D I wouldn't say she's better than Larson when she was a newbie in NT but definitely she has THE talent to be another Jordan Larson or Logan Tom.

Well I would because she is. With all respect to Larson but when she started playing for the USA she was nothing special. She is a special player now, no doubt but back than nobody could've guessed she'll turn up like this. On the other hand Robinson had a great great tournament in Montreux. What she dud were stuff that usually younger players can't.. I am not talking about power or tattooing balls to the floor, but hitting smart, having a great ball control, and decent passing. Her potential can not be showed because of this system.. In fact I don't think anyone's game is being improved by it except for Hill's of course.

• yeah, but they can't solve it right now with this set of OHs which they have... Zeng has to play as OH in last set because rest was so poor... optimal pair is Zhu with Hui and Zeng as OP, but it doesn't ensure perfect reception all time and we know it perfectly

About Zhang Lei's instagram,
    she may be back.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• im writing here after a break....i was trying to follow wgp finals of course...

firstly congrats to russia for the win , however,some of the ref's desicions in russia - turkey match were unfair and had a say in the result.BTw, i hope Neriman is ok..... we souldnt risk her if her case is not clear/good... we had better continue to play with Meliha-Güldeniz or Seda etc..we still have a chance to get a medal but players' health matters most.

we had no chance to win against Japan so no need to be sad,very well deserved win for them.btw japanese game looked like a machine and that was annoying a bit.. :|

the victory against Brazil was very important.Congrats the girls for that.

we have to have more backup payers of good quality to compete constantly against strong teams..our reception isnt good enough..even libero's reception is shaky...
    its pleasing to see Kübra Akman improving...sure she needs many matches and tournaments to be world class...being best blocker at first round is an incentive for her..
    im also suprised that Bahar Toksoy has been playing well... :lol: though i still find her attack not good enough..

good luck against China !

• http://www.fivb.org/viewPressR….asp?No=48496&Language=en

" The winner of Group 2 will move up to Group 1 in 2016, but will not qualify for the 2015 World Grand Prix Finals."

It's very important info. In 2015 FIVB WGP USA and five best-ranked teams from preliminary round will play in Final Six :win:

Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - Olympic Games 2012
    Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - European Championship 2015
    Silver Medal
    - Prediction Game - Women's - Olympic Games 2012

がんばれ 日本!

• http://www.fivb.org/viewPressR….asp?No=48496&Language=en

" The winner of Group 2 will move up to Group 1 in 2016, but will not qualify for the 2015 World Grand Prix Finals."

It's very important info. In 2015 FIVB WGP USA and five best-ranked teams from preliminary round will play in Final Six :win:

It's good news IMHO, Belgium shows us why it's a good turn by FIVB :teach:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Turkey once again will probably host the pools two times :wacko: :whistle:

• Turkey once again will probably host the pools two times :wacko: :whistle:

This year it wasn't supposed to be like that indeed. However, one of the asian countries, I don't remember Philiphines or Chinese Tapei, withdraw from being host, that's why Turkey had to be host twice this year ;)

• I also think that Turkey won't be as host twice, just FIVB should think about places which won't have to withdraw later...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I think Gözde Sonsırma is the MVP of the tournament so far.
    I still remember the days when she was a huge liability both in attack and block.At that time, fans were questioning coach's decision to select her to national team. She was Güldeniz of national team in the beginning of 2000s. She used to be so shy that she was getting extremely nervous when talking to reporters, etc.
    Right now she is the best player, captain, heart,voice and face of the Turkish national team. Her personal improvement is mesmerizing and it comes from out of nowhere.