2015 European Championships - Netherlands and Belgium

• 2 Amazing ECHs in a row when it comes to hall atmosphere, feel so thankful for Germany, Switzerland, The Netherlands and Belgium, nicely done.

I really hope the atmosphere in Rotterdam for the SM and Final will be as fantabulous as Berlin's in 2013. Good memories have crossed my mind right now. Too bad for Belgium not being in SM, well, leastwise my beloved oranges are there :D

Russia-Serbia match will be on fire, Serbs learned how to deal with Russians in the WC, besides evetything Boskovic playing such a great tournament and I was impressed by Nikolic yesterday. Russia missing Scherban will badly effect on the team unfortunately, their performance versus Croatia and Italy was awful, in particular both Ilchenko and Pasynkova.

Personally I'd like to see the oranges grabbing gold, Russians or Serbians silver :D

• No, 5th will not be directly qualified, that happend to Croatia but only because Belgium was 3rd. Top4 teams are qualified for ECH 2017.(Tur, Srb, Rus and Ned)
    Now Aze is out in 1.round George didn't qualified.

According to German federation and to volleyball.it, Germany as 5th ranked team is qualified for 2017.

EDIT Also CEV says it:
    The five best-ranked teams of the 2015 CEV DELA Volleyball European Championship – Women as well as the organisers from Georgia and Azerbaijan qualify directly for the Final Round of the 2017 CEV Volleyball European Championship – Women.

• According to German federation and to volleyball.it, Germany as 5th ranked team is qualified for 2017.

EDIT Also CEV says it:
    The five best-ranked teams of the 2015 CEV DELA Volleyball European Championship – Women as well as the organisers from Georgia and Azerbaijan qualify directly for the Final Round of the 2017 CEV Volleyball European Championship – Women.

Now i have saw it that Italy was 6 on last ECH and that they were qualified for 2015. ECH :)

• From your words, it's obvious you haven't seen the match. Italy played a good volleyball yesterday and nobody crushed nobody :whistle:

all i said was that ITA has shown in this tournament that they would not qualify for rio… because in order to do so, they'd have to finish in the top 3 of the euro qual. tournament, and they are out of the top 4 right now. and FYI, i watched most of the match, just not the end. haven't checked the stats, but i don't think either the bosettis, diouf or del core ended with lots of kills.

• Italy lost against one of the worst Russia ever seen in history. Turkey (home team) and the Netherlands are already ahead, and even if they qualify... what's the point honestly? Our goal has always been a medal. This team won't win a single set in Rio.

• caro vabo,

was just re-watching some of the 2008 olympic matches… one of my favorite ITA teams … picci, ortolani as OH (aguero was traveling) and centoni. what a trio.

ahime. che lastima.

It's a real tragedy, both the wasted opportunity and the realization of how the technical level has collapsed to pitiful levels. I lost any hope for this generation after the 2014 WCH, which appears to have been nothing but a beautiful swan song. Our golden generation had chances for a medal in 2004, played some of the best volleyball of the entire tournament both in 2008 and 2012 and still another tearful exit, just like men's Poland.

And the saddest thing is that I don't care anymore about this group... it's over, just over. Time to move on and wait for Egonu and the other youngsters to revive this dying team in 4 years or so.

• I think that atmosphere was very good... and about shouting and booing this makes part of the game...

Don't expect some different in the Olympic games here in Brasil.. And I will not be ashamed for this public's attitude.. this makes part of the show!

I was ashemed when I heard all the boos and whistles, I hate this kind of behaviour from fans. Focus on cheereing for your team instead of booing the other, for God's sake! Unfortunately it's very acceptable here in Poland and a lot of fans are proud of the 'atmosphere' they can create during the matches and how well they can try to distract their team's opponents. And it was especially painful to listen to, when it was clear how welcoming and nice the Dutch fan were (are). Anyway, I love the atmosphere in Holland, you guys make great show out there! :drink:

• I think that atmosphere was very good... and about shouting and booing this makes part of the game...

Don't expect some different in the Olympic games here in Brasil.. And I will not be ashamed for this public's attitude.. this makes part of the show!

You're proud of that behaviour????

The most fun part of my sport is the atmoshphere between the supporters ( the real ones I mean) , all together, all with great hart for our volleybalsport. Shouting and booing to your opponent is not done, in any sport.
    Today in Rotterdam we'll meet the German supporters who come here to support..... yes,for sure...........the Dutchies!!! That's why I love this sport!!! Can't wait to see them back after EC in Halle,where we have great time with them!!!
    So have fun with, what you thinks "makes part of the show" :wall: :thumbdown:

• So Turkey has interactive court lines and Netherlands has flying cameras.

Bets for Netherlands today are suprise for me. I won't be suprised if Turkey will do cold shower to Them.

• i watch only Net-Pol match amongst Net matches..
    considering the stats..Net has had a very good rhythm at home,very energetic,ambitious

if we play like in the QF then we have no chance...we should receive much much better and serve better!
    Gözde should raise her game if she wishes for a final..i dont know what to expect from Polen i hope she can help the team...i wouldnt be unhappy with a possible bad performance of Hande bcz she is a young and inexperienced player for this level

the main difference btw two team is opposite position..Polen hasnt been having a good tournament so far on the other hand, Lonneke has having a good tournament..we have to slow her down in a way!

• Oh come one...whait matche to start then We can say anything about Ned. We will watch the same Ned as always nothing special they didn't showed, they don't use MB often and for good blocker team they are eazy opponet.. Whait and you will see. Russia or Serbia will destroyed them in final or in matche for medal.
    Teams don't play as good as they play in home, that is + for Holland.

But who knows, maybe they will surprise me, but again whait till matche start. I'm sad because Turkey is not in their best shape that they can show ther full power but again good result for them.

• i watch only Net-Pol match amongst Net matches..

considering the stats..Net has had a very good rhythm at home,very energetic,ambitious

if we play like in the QF then we have no chance...we should receive much much better and serve better!
    Gözde should raise her game if she wishes for a final..i dont know what to expect from Polen i hope she can help the team...i wouldnt be unhappy with a possible bad performance of Hande bcz she is a young and inexperienced player for this level

the main difference btw two team is opposite position..Polen hasnt been having a good tournament so far on the other hand, Lonneke has having a good tournament..we have to slow her down in a way!

I don't think Gözde will ever receive that bad again in her life. That was probably once in a lifetime and I'm sure she will be more efficient today, both in receiving and attacking. I really hope Neriman can keep her aggressive attacks, then we don't have any problem to kill the ball. I assume Ferhat will start with either Hande B or Gözde Yilmaz as opposite today otherwise it will be simply awkward, considering Polen is having a bad time for the last 2-3 games.

I agree about Lönneke. The thing is, like crovolley mentioned, Dijkema is not the best of the setters and so far did not use middles very often, considering Netherlands has probably the best attacking MBs of the tournament. For Turkey, it won't be hard to stop Lönneke and I think their OHs are not superb except Buijs playing like a boss so far. If Turkey serves well, it will be pretty easy to stop Netherlands from the corners. Here the biggest problem is, even if Buijs fails bad in receiving and attacking, they have very similar alternatives such as Plak who is a great attacker, especially to 5 and 6, and Pietersen who is a more experienced and smart attacker. I really hope Ferhat considered that Netherlands will most likely sub these players in, if they lose a set or two.

What I expect in the end of this game is, pretty low attacking ratios from Slöetjes and Buijs.

• Gözde Yılmaz has a minor injury that is why she has been used only as a serving substitution and not with double substitution. I think Polen will start the game and Hande will be her back-up. I really want to see Polen who played awesome in WGP. We need her a lot.