2014 FIVB World League

• I never knew Iranian fans can be this passionate and loud!

Level: World Cup :-)

• Brazil is playing so much better today! :cheesy: Murilo is finally playing well (those blocks!) and Mário Jr. isn't screwing up so badly.
    This Iranian team has such a solid spiking quality too. Mirzajanpour, Ghaemi and Mahmoudi are great. The main difference in Iran today is their libero; he had a much better performance last week.

• Brazil is playing so much better today! :cheesy: Murilo is finally playing well (those blocks!) and Mário Jr. isn't screwing up so badly.
    This Iranian team has such a solid spiking quality too. Mirzajanpour, Ghaemi and Mahmoudi are great. The main difference in Iran today is their libero; he had a much better performance last week.

I take all of this back. :wall:

• Brazil still not in the best shape, though it looks a bit better :whistle: anyway 2 points in Prediction Game for me :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Brazil still not in the best shape, though it looks a bit better :whistle: anyway 2 points in Prediction Game for me :D

1 point for me at least. :gone:
    Brazil actually played a lot better in the first 3 sets. Then their performance went downhill. If they manage to find consistency, they have a chance to beat Iran the next game.

• Placi used floats against them with Bulgaria, but the effect lasted a set. They are not in shape now.
    Is Wlazly the only spiker for Poland in this match? Italy convince they are number 2 team in the world - they have second squad on the level of the first.

• Bravo, Poland! Your public inspires you :drink:

• I'm watching POL-ITA, but it's not live. They are showing set 3. Fabian got Wlazly so tired, setting him 95% of the b4lls. Kurek as terrible as usual. Italian commentator even made fun of him telling "first in Macerata, no in NT he's getting used to stay on bench"... :lol:

What a confusion to give an absurd point to Poland. :whistle:

• Poland wins 3-2 after quite tight match. Wlazły with 28 points, but with only few points in last 2 sets. Randazzo made good impression :thumbup:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• i didnt like Vettori's game.Randozzo played better.
    On Polish side : Mika played usefully. i think he should be in team a at least as a backup Oh...he looked as a balanced Oh to my eyes during this match..not bad at both sides of the game. Middle Wrona was good at blocking. Wlazly was as always very unstable at serving. Kurek improved while the match was progressing..i didnt like Polish libero much.

• After that poor start it would be an easy 3-0 win for Brazil if it wasn't in Tehran. it's really hard to play focused for 2-3 hours in such atmosphere and Brazil finally collapsed.

I really hope Kovac tries another setter for the next week. every time Mahdavi and Ghafour came to the match (end of 1st and 3rd sets) , Brazil got back to back points.

and it seems our libero just broke his finger in 3rd set ;( even though it's not official and they will check it tonight

• After that poor start it would be an easy 3-0 win for Brazil if it wasn't in Tehran. it's really hard to play focused for 2-3 hours in such atmosphere and Brazil finally collapsed.

I really hope Kovac tries another setter for the next week. every time Mahdavi and Ghafour came to the match (end of 1st and 3rd sets) , Brazil got back to back points.

and it seems our libero just broke his finger in 3rd set ;( even though it's not official and they will check it tonight

I hope Vadi can get the chance.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I just thought Rezende should focus more on coaching men's club team/s. He has failed many times bringing back Brazil's glory after Athens 2000 gold finish.

Other countries have improved a lot, discovering new superstars and all. Yet Brazil's roster is left far behind the development and competition. Lucarelli and Wallace are only the notable ones. Others didn't improve, or worse, become worst. They do not even have a strong Team B to back up the A.

Really really sad for men's :(

• I just came home from Canada vs Belgium, and I gotta say it was quite disappointing of a match (Belgium barely put up a fight). Watch it be an epic 5-setter tomorrow when I'm too busy to attend :p

• I just came home from Canada vs Belgium, and I gotta say it was quite disappointing of a match (Belgium barely put up a fight). Watch it be an epic 5-setter tomorrow when I'm too busy to attend :p

I gave you the advice to go and watch, didn't I? :whistle: :drink:

Nice win for Germany in France. Fromm (18/33) played Opposite, Strohbach and Kaliberda OH.
    http://www.fivb.org/vis_web/volley/WL2014-2/pdf/P2-030.pdf (those fivb stats are really useless.....)

• Other countries have improved a lot, discovering new superstars and all. Yet Brazil's roster is left far behind the development and competition. Lucarelli and Wallace are only the notable ones. Others didn't improve, or worse, become worst. They do not even have a strong Team B to back up the A.

Lucarelli still not a player very strong ... and his reception is really bad.
    Wallace... I saw him in the world champion cup for clubs and he played badly.
    In my opinion Brazil has not strong wing-spikers and libero.Bad also block and services. :serve: