2015 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• Berlin is winning 3:1 against Ljubljana. Straight 4th set but the guests were close to stealing at least a point in third set. Somehow, something is still missing in Berlin's game. Not entirely convincing yet, neither in Bundesliga nor in CL. Very good match by Kromm :thumbup:

• Perugia did it finally! I saw ust the last two sets and I have to say it wasn't a bad match, especially when Perugia little by little in the 4th camer back. I liked Fromm and Buti, on the other side the reception was uite bad...look at the last ball, it was in and you (libero) can't ust let it go :wall: :wall:

• Very entertaining match in Perugia, including a lot of drama in the end. Both teams missed the final punch a couple of times in the fourth set.....

• Berlin is winning 3:1 against Ljubljana. Straight 4th set but the guests were close to stealing at least a point in third set. Somehow, something is still missing in Berlin's game. Not entirely convincing yet, neither in Bundesliga nor in CL. Very good match by Kromm :thumbup:

Would be more eye-catching for me if Kuhner had played.

• Honestly speaking I don't know what just happened. I somehow leave when Halkbank were leading in 3rd set and when I came back it was 28:28 in 4th set. Donnu. Bermuda triangle. Time stealer. I can say I didn't actually watch the game at all. I only saw a few pathetic actions made by a star named Beretta.

No words in this world can describe how much I miss Kubiak. No such words.

• Coach is changed. Sokolov and Kubiak have arrived but same problems are still there for Halkbank.
    Maybe this loss will be better for Bernardi in the long term. Problems :
    - Nuri Şahin is a mess and he can't play for a top team with his current form. To be more accurate
    I must say Perugia match must be his best performance of the season so think about the rest : Can Ayvazoğlu is way better digger and receiver than him so I don't know why Bernardi doesn't use him.
    - According to Italian sources Juantorena had an abdominal injury but this can't be an excuse for his reception. It is depressing to watch that his reception is going worse and worse . Now without Kazisyki ,he is the clear target of serve and again Halkbank can't win against top teams if he continues to be a such a weak spot ( still can't forget last years CL final)It is obvious they can't hide him in reception with a libero like Nuri so he has to receive better.
    - Resul Tekeli is the most in-form MB of Halkbank so maybe Bernardi should use him actively. Lets say maybe instead of ineffective Emre
    - Of course Halkbank has big setter problem because of foreign rule in Turkish league . Esco can't play in Turkish league and ULaş loves to play with Sokolov so much that, he forgets to use backrow attack.
    As for Perugia:
    - Suprisingly very effective performance from Maurotti but it was Buti who made the biggest impact.
    - They are the best Italian team right now

• A very entertaining match in Perugia. Not yet at the highest possible level, it is the beginning of the season after all, but the quality was much better than what I saw on most courts in this first round. Halkbank also started slowly last season. Based on the home support factor and the ambitions Perugia have, it was perhaps expected to bet on Perugia even if the game was quite close and could've ended otherwise had Halkbank made it to a tie-break. Juantorena was visibly struggling. I mean, as scarpetta said, he wasn't feeling physically fit and didn't play with an ease. Esko got changed, but I liked how Kiyak handled the game. I don't agree Sokolov got so many balls, I think the setter did quite a good job. You saw how the game ended (two stuff blocks against Kubiak and Batur), you have an injured Juantorena, so why wonder if he wanted to set more to Sokolov. OK, Sokolov is not in an impressive form, but I think he could've been used even more at times.

I will have to agree this time with the criticism towards Beretta. The guy wasn't thinking rationally in some moments. Maruotti and Fromm had a good evening. Buti is someone Perugia rely heavily on. And good words for Grbic as well. He had no crucial mistakes in his CL debut and his team was ready to react to whatever came from the other half.

I couldn't watch Berlin vs. Bled. I am really starting to wonder how they win their games with such numbers. I don't know if Kromm was amazing, but it seems Berlin have had the same game again and again since the start of the season. I will pay more attention to Touzinsky and De Marchi the next time I watch Berlin play, but right now they must be seriously underperforming.

It turned out Lokomotiv's B squad couldn't handle Marek in straight sets. Only David Lee arrived with the team in Bulgaria. Nikolay Leonenko has played as an opposite before, but he was having issues on that position even against Marek. I don't know who the active back-up for Zemchenok in the absence of Moroz is, but that seems to be a huge problem for Voronkov to solve. Besides, I know how Zemchenok plays and if you look at his attack numbers from the beginning of the season, you will wonder why he was left in Novosibirsk instead of travelling to Bulgaria to gain some confidence. Yeah, I know about the long distance, the lack of opposites and the upcoming match versus Zenit, a team gaining on a momentum. Actually, Zemchenok might've finished with 40% attack efficiency even last night.

• all the turkish liberos suck at high level...Serkan,Nuri etc... :aww:

Kubiak and Batur's positions were pretty good to get the point...but they failed against the single blocks at the most crucial time!

• I couldn't watch Berlin vs. Bled. I am really starting to wonder how they win their games with such numbers. I don't know if Kromm was amazing, but it seems Berlin have had the same game again and again since the start of the season. I will pay more attention to Touzinsky and De Marchi the next time I watch Berlin play, but right now they must be seriously underperforming.

The numbers in attacking for Berlin, set by set, are: 23%, 48%, 28%, 47%. That already tells a bit of the problem which might be consistency and stability. With regard to De Marchi it really looks like this guy is somehow punching a bit above his weight. At times he even looks a bit intimidated and frightened on the field. Playing a complete season with one of Touzinsky/De Marchi looks like a risky thing for Berlin.

http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=26662

• Piacenza the best team on the world

lost vs avarage belgium club

Who said the best team in the world? Are you serious or it's irony? The OHs in Piacenza are really weak, too old and Le Roux is not even attacker in NT, play on this position only for club with not good experience. Vermiglio is very weak, so nervous, arrogant setter. He was the first reason why Kazan played like Piacenza did it yesterday with his setting. I think he should say goodbye to volleyball because with his age + too big ego he is destroying team. Brazilian libero was the first reason why Brazilian NT played poorly in WCH especially against Poland. I saw the scene of yesterday match when Zlatanov was frustrated and was shouting at this Brazilian libero that he was disturbing in everything.
    With such weak game Piacenza has very little chances to came out of group. Constanta and Roseale will play for first place in group.
    Pity on this forum there are less volleyball men fans than women, not many conversations about matches. Yesterday was Belgorie and Fenerbahce match, Milijkovic is another old guy who should agree with his age that he can't play on high level like in past. Belgorie even without Grozer with Georgian attacker is still dangerous, top teams gave free days for key players yestrday. Jastrzębie yesterday smashed Bulgarian club, Łasko like Grozer had free days. I hope I will see Łasko with Kaliberda in main squad for match with Nowosybirsk.

• all the turkish liberos suck at high level...Serkan,Nuri etc... :aww:

Kubiak and Batur's positions were pretty good to get the point...but they failed against the single blocks at the most crucial time!

Eh... Yeah I saw yesterday also show of libero of Fenerbahce. To be honest, if Turkish teams will still keep Turkish players on the court there are not chances to play in Final Four of CL without buying it. Turkish teams should have squad with all foreigners.
    Juantorena is injured now, Halkbank needs him to know also better with new setter. This team is in the biggest troubles because ambitions are too high. Little time to know with each others, injuries and half of squad is replacing to other players every season. Team was so so suffering against Perugia and will still suffering even against average teams.

• Piacenza the best team on the world

lost vs avarage belgium club

We have many problems with the main sponsor, who didn't pay a single euro, so players are very very nervous.
    Moreover, our coach is a clown, he is not able to deal with a team with a glorious past and trophies won like Copra.

A part from that, Knack Roeselare from Belgium is a good team.

We still have chances, but none said we are the best team in the world. Not this year at least

• Eh... Yeah I saw yesterday also show of libero of Fenerbahce. To be honest, if Turkish teams will still keep Turkish players on the court there are not chances to play in Final Four of CL without buying it. Turkish teams should have squad with all foreigners.
    Juantorena is injured now, Halkbank needs him to know also better with new setter. This team is in the biggest troubles because ambitions are too high. Little time to know with each others, injuries and half of squad is replacing to other players every season. Team was so so suffering against Perugia and will still suffering even against average teams.

not that much...there are good local players in the cl teams of turkey like: emre batur arslan ekşi ulaş kıyak,burutay subaşı,resul tekeli etc.. libero Serkan KıIlıç exactly doesnt deserve his place in the team

• not that much...there are good local players in the cl teams of turkey like: emre batur arslan ekşi ulaş kıyak,burutay subaşı,resul tekeli etc.. libero Serkan KıIlıç exactly doesnt deserve his place in the team

what a serve performance by Jelte Maan!

Not only libero of Fenerbahce doesn't deserve... The previous "show" of libero of Halkbank against Perugia how Buti ashamed him by easy float... It will be more and more spectacular errors by Turkish players in this CL while foreigners keep working hard.

• Kubiak plays not good. He is a player who must have smart, good setter with his height. Masny, Zagumny, Drzyzga is, but Turkish setter or Esko without form...
    Many errors referee, should be definitely tiebreak Halkbank - Maaseik. Such a shame there is not video verification...

• Zlatanov is one of the best volleyball players and is still killing it. Weak in a parallel universe may be. Papi's age has gotten to him, true, but I don't think both of them are really weak unless you are refering to a powerlifting competition.