Italy - Serie A1 2014/15

• Samanta Fabris and Katarina Barun are the best spiker this season in Italy and far better than Ozsoy and Kim

i dont know about Barun but Sabris has had a very good season in Italy for sure..both being best scorer and being most efficient player is a very good job for her :thumbup: its a pity that she couldnt show that in curical games in the playoffs..i think she is still young and needs some more experience for playoffs of a good volleyball county like Italy. ;).. another thing is i havent watched many matches of hers....when i watch her , my impression has been that she doenst look that aggressive...am i wrong?

• i dont know about Barun but Sabris has had a very good season in Italy for sure..both being best scorer and being most efficient player is a very good job for her :thumbup: its a pity that she couldnt show that in curical games in the playoffs..i think she is still young and needs some more experience for playoffs of a good volleyball county like Italy. ;).. another thing is i havent watched many matches of hers....when i watch her , my impression has been that she doenst look that aggressive...am i wrong?

I'm misunderstood here. What I meant was the best OHs and I did not include OPPs to that. Neriman Özsoy received the most amount of the balls in the entire league (around 950 balls) and still she is 2nd in most points collected. That means a lot to me. Besides her, Kimberly Hill had a very stable and good season overall.

I hope you get what I mean now.. those are very low percent for an OPP.. Of course if Alisha can't set Neriman will set her, it can't be all Neriman after all.

3 opp (Barun 40%, Fabris 37%, Plak 35%) have better efficiency than Nikolova (33%)... Tomsia 33%, Diouf 33%, Bianchini 30%, Turlea 29%, Van Hecke 27%, Muresna 27% .... :whistle:

• 3 opp (Barun 40%, Fabris 37%, Plak 35%) have better efficiency than Nikolova (33%)... :whistle:

From very you get this stats ? Barun has 45,6%, Fabris 45,4% and Nikolova has 39,4%

• I checked the schedule for playoffs and I realized it's a best of 5! That must be too tiring.

Well it's sad that young talented players like Fabris and Plak don't get to participate in the playoffs but it's a good experience.

• You are both right. Scoring % and Efficiency are slightly different. Efficiency takes into account winners and errors.

Forget about the stats: Nikolova has suffered shoulder pain lately. You might have noticed the tape on her left (spiking) arm. Even so, she always hits as hard as she can, which is remarkable.
    Adams is more involved than ever (previously she didn't do slide attack at all). Fiorin has actually helped the team since she has been back in form.
    Neriman, well, she doesn't seem a bit tired.
    Anyway, Casalmaggiore still looks better than Conegliano.

• ohhh even semi final??? :aww: which team wins 3 matches/times will win both semi final and the final ?

i thought Conegliano would advance to the final after winning at home :gone:

Yes, unfortunately for Conegliano, they have to win other 2 matches to advance and it won't be easy, I think.

• weak game by Piacenza...Novara leads 2-0 in sets..

I wouldn't even say Piacenza is really weak, for me Novara simply is superior, they play an excellent game and don't let Piacenza enter the game.

Di Iulio went out with an ankle injury in 2nd set, hope it's not serious :S
    EDIT She's back on court for 3rd set so it wasn't that bad :)

• Piacenza's biggest problem today was Dirickx IMO, her set quality was very bad especially to the MBs. Neither van Hecke nor Kozuch had a good match, Di Iulio was invisible, only Sorokaite played well. In Novara all players contributed evenly to the victory, they just have that "flow" in their game...

• Novara is huge, and their size gives big problems to every team in Italy. They would even be a tall team in Russian league. When you combine that with how they have good setting and pass well (somehow..even though Klineman is still individually very poor), and it is a very difficult match to play against.

I see them winning both semis and finals quite easily, maybe dropping a game on road but without serious perils. The top Turkish teams could serve well enough to take them out of their game, but there is no one like that in Serie A.

• PLAYOFF SEMIFINALS (Match 1)

Igor Gorgonzola Novara - Nordmeccanica Piacenza 3-0
    Klineman 14, Hill 13, Barun 12, Guiggi 8 / Sorokaite 15, Kozuch 9, Vargas 8
    http://www.legavolleyfemminile…linoGara.asp?IdGara=81815

Pomí Casalmaggiore - Imoco Volley Conegliano 2-3
    Tirozzi 22, Gibbemeyer 15, Ortolani 14 / Neriman Özsoy 30, Adams 18, Nikolova 16
    http://www.legavolleyfemminile…linoGara.asp?IdGara=81816

• Conegliano winning against Cassalmagiore in the 2nd game in straight sets :obey:

Did not expect such a performance from Cassalmagiore. Now Conegliano only needs to win once to move to the Finals!