2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• i wish more countries would be investing in women's sports, and that they would consider hosting the WCh. the USA should do it for example, also TUR, NED, BEL, GER, POL, BUL (they just co-hosted the men's WCh), even CAN (even if their women's team is still developing -- same with ARG), RUS, BRA, THA. the audiences in THA would be amazing.

we all complain that JPN does it all the time, but we should also be grateful someone wants to do it... it's tough, it's 2 sides of the same coin. there's good and bad there.

Don't think, that women's volleyball would be in disadvantage compared to men's volleyball in Germany. You can easily see, that the budgets here depend on individual clubs, not by gender (best numbers available now):

1. Berlin (m) 2.4 million €

2. Friedrichshafen (m) 2.25 million €

3. Dresden (w) 1.6 million €

4. Schwerin (w) 1.5 million €

5. Stuttgart (w) 1.4 + optional 0.1 million € (depends, if going to pool stage of CL)

6. Vilsbiburg (w) 1.1 million €

6. Innsbruck/Haching (m) 1.1 million €

The issue in Germany is, that too many other (indeed solely male regarding money) teamsports are clearly ahead of volleyball, i.e. soccer, handball, basketball and icehockey. In fact, there are signs, that women's volleyball can get even stronger compared to mens due to better TV numbers on Sport1 in near future...

• I just watched the entire China x Italy match and I must say like all others De Gennaro is amazing. Especially that bump set to Chirichella on the slide in the 4th set such a beauty to watch! I actually think they were not able to control Zhu as much as in the previous game and Chinese middles were very active especially Yuan maybe she all heard us lol It's hard not to root for this young Italian team but it will be tough against a more experienced and arguably a more powerful Serbian team. If Egonu an co. somehow manages to get past the Serbian block I think Italy can take it. Will root for Italia to get the gold medal. :box:

• Serbia is a true and authentic European team. Unlike Italian team which has a bunch of African players with a Italian citizenship. Serbia is going to win the final.

They were born in Italy, taught volley in Italy by Italian trainers, live in Italy, play in Italy. They are ITALIAN!

• Serbia won against Italy without Sylla.

With Pietrini Italy was way slower, and they had bad reception. So this will be very diffrent Italy than in Final6 match. Sylla is important for Italy like Egonu.

Let Boskovic play her game and stop Brankica like they already had in Final6. Attack stronger from servers line and you got it.

My predicition is 3:1 for Italy

• btw..i have to express that i liked Malinov-Lo Bianco photo a lot .most probably Lo Bianco was/is her idol :heart:

It's exactly like that :heart:

I was blaming Rai for not showing the 3rd place final, then I realized it starts later than usual ^^

I won't be able to comment during the 1st place final because I'm watching the match with friends, but I'll miss you ;)

I think Serbia is the (clear?) favorite, but I really hope Italy can play their best and we'll see if that's enough :)

About the awards, I'm too partial: right now, I would award an Italian in each position except setter (Maja or Ding for me) :lol: (with Danesi and Sylla being the MB and the OH).

But truly I wouldn't mind that much if the MB and OH awards don't go to Italy (there are others that deserves it too: Rasic and both Chines MBs; Brankica and Zhu): the two players that HAVE to be awarded despite today results are Moki and Paola.

I can't see who could be awarded in Ned, though: Sloetjes was amazing, but her spot seems to be close by Egonu and Boskovic (as best Opp/MVP).

• Holland is showing that their are not in here just because they were lucky....

stream

• Bring in Schoot, knip is making too many errors receiving!

• Missed the beginning but nice set so far!

China seemed in control but Ned kept coming back (and with an off Sloetjes).

Despite their lacks, I again enjoy watching Ned play very much, I love their spirit and general happiness!

Zhu spiked with one step before the jump are incredible.

Gong is quite invisible so far, Ned often has the OH waiting in the middle for the block...

Caterina Bosetti in the italian studio as well, hi Cate!

• Dijkema:aww: It becomes painfully clear that she can not handle this top level. Sloetjes also does not play as well as she has played the entire tournament.

• China is playing better, in block and in attack especially. Li and the MBs are doing good, so they don't have to overuse Zhu and Gong is barely attacking. On the other side Sloetjes is not playing a good match, will Morrison change something in the third?

Koolhaas is just invisible, Dijksma is quite imprecise.. NED is struggling!

• Good thing about this ending 3:0 as it seems now, the final will start as scheduled at least...

I'm sorry for the Dutch probably ending up 4th yet again, but then it reflects reality. The other three teams are simply better. But then, it's not over yet...

• I'm very upset with Ned, if they keep (not) playing like this Danesi will probably lose her 'best blocker' position for the Chinese MBs :P

Now I totally feel ok with Ned not taking any personal award. I just hope they won't invent strange thinks to award someone from Japan...