2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• Didn't notice it about Lubian! May be she has some minor injuries? Because Farh wasn't even meant to be there, then Melandri had physical problems and she got back in...

Still, Farh is a better blocker I think, so may be it was a tactical choice.

About China, I think that wanting to play against Serbia in the semi would be mental for anyone :P

• Italy is putting really good fight against Serbia even if Sylla is not their!

• What's all this anomaly about right before the 2nd TTO? Challenge showed no touch but point remained be given to ITA. Just don't grasp it.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Curiously, Chirichella served on propose on the libero (I read her lips while she was speaking with Mazzanti from the service line): was it because she was in 1, may be?

Oh not again a 'roof' fault, Danesi!

• What's all this anomaly about right before the 2nd TTO? Challenge showed no touch but point remained be given to ITA. Just don't grasp it.

Me neither, nor our commentators. May be it was touched by the defense? I don't remember the end of the action though.

Malinov is setting to Egonu too far from the net...

Now Ortolani in for Bosetti.

• Oh no Pietrini was blocked in such a crucial moment (21-20 for Serbia, now 22-20) after a wonderful dig by Bosetti on Boskovic!

Great job Rasic with the block!

And now she scored a wonderful ace :heart:

• I just don't see this match as any team is playing to lose, unlike the two special matches earlier by SRB that you hinted :-)

but now the whitewash is aborted its impact may be not so relevant. But I just think the ECH title holder does not like to lose to another European team though this match is not that significant.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Brava Serbia, not easy win for them for sure. Pretty sure We wouldn't watch the same match with Sylla on the court.

Now it is time fore semi finals !!!! Italy should respect China but they don't need to be afraid at all after winning 2 matches against them two time this year, but still with respect. Lets go Italy <3 !!!!

• Congrats Serbia! Very effective and all-around.

For Italy, a defeat that personally doesn't feel bad: Serbia proved to be stronger as expected, and in case we'll meet them again (I hope so, it will mean we are in the final!), is good that we didn't won today: winning twice vs Serbia is impossible, but may be once it's possible ;)

[I hope it make sense!]

And as I said yesterday, every team is meant to have a bad game-day (which I still think was yesterday for us), and now I add that every team is also meant to lose (at least) a game: I hope that with these two days Italy covered that all :P

• I think China would want to play Serbia, since they have more wins than losses against Serbia.

Italy are a young team, maybe lack some experience, but they're also fearless, so not an easy opponent, plus, China have always struggled playing Italy, because they're super fast, like much faster than Serbia.