2015 World Cup - Japan - 8/22

• 1 African

1 wild Card Italy , Turkey or Thailand. october soon.

• wait, according to this, USA will play the WCup????? (but not BRA…)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…yball_Women%27s_World_Cup

what does FIVB say?

Yes, USA will play in the World Cup. World Champion now is already qualified to WC :) :win:

Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - Olympic Games 2012
    Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - European Championship 2015
    Silver Medal
    - Prediction Game - Women's - Olympic Games 2012

がんばれ 日本!

• most wide rosters are available :D only China and Japan are missing

No Sa-Nee Kim, Hae-Ran Kim and Yoo-Na Bae in Korea
    Sokolova is on Russian list :whistle:
    Americans still didn't make a cut to 20 players (5 players with number -1 :lol: )
    Vanessa Palacios is back in Peruvian roster

Sanja Malagurski and Aleksandra Crncevic aen't on Serbian list

Argentina, Cuba and Dominicans with expected lists

Kenya and Algeria are for me a mystery

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Quoted from "haisheng226"
    I'm happen to be in Japan in the first week of September, where can I purchase tickets to the game?

Sorry I only know of this link and it's in Japanese only
    http://wc2015.jva.or.jp/ticket/women.html

Also, you can buy it in English here. Only with General Admission Tickets though.
    English site

If you go to Lawson, a competitor to 7-Eleven, they sell tickets in their store through a service called Lawson Ticket (Low-Chike).

Print out this page and take it with you to the store for help. Joshi for women (shown first), Danshi for men (then men's tournament second) on the page
    Lawson World Cup Ticket page

Make sure you know which date of the games that you want to attend.

First match starts at 12:00 and your ticket is good for all three matches.

If you are in Tokyo, they are playing at the Yoyogi National Stadium by Harajuku station. Japan will be playing in the final game at 19:00.

There are 3 ticket levels, Arena Reserved = 10,000 yen, Stand Reserved = 6,800 yen and General Admission = 3,000 yen

Tickets for the August 22 (Sat) and 23 (Sun) are sold out. August 24 (Mon) have General Admission only. August 26 (Wed) have some Stand Reserved and General Admission. August 27 (Thurs) has more Stand Reserved and General Admission available.

• Can somebody explain to me the Sense of the "World Cup"... ??

After season start in European league, Players have to leave again... Clubs are paying a lot of Money , why don`t they do anything against it...

• Can somebody explain to me the Sense of the "World Cup"... ??

After season start in European league, Players have to leave again... Clubs are paying a lot of Money , why don`t they do anything against it...

World Cup is the first qualifying tournament for the Olympics. In the past the tournament was in late October and November. FIVB is trying to work within club schedules this time.

• The list of 20-player rosters has be shown:
    http://worldcup.2015.women.fivb.com/en/competition/teams

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Terzic selected the 14 players that will travel to Japan this Sunday.

S: Maja Ognjenovic, Bojana Zivkovic
    Op: Tijana Boskovic, Ana Bjelica
    OH: Jelena Nikolic, Brankica Mihajlovic, Tijana Malesevic, Bianka Busa
    MB: Milena Rasic, Stefana Veljkovic, Jovana Stevanovic, Mina Popovic
    L: Silvija Popovic, Suzana Cebic

http://www.ossrb.org/sve-vesti…erzic-odredio-sastav.html

• No molnar :D Surprised to see Bjelica in the roster over Drpa who has been playing quite well through all summer...

• No molnar :D Surprised to see Bjelica in the roster over Drpa who has been playing quite well through all summer...

I don't agree. Although Bjelica has had quite a disappointing season with Chemik, Drpa was no way near Team A... We saw nothing from Bjelica this summer, so she might be in better shape than Marta..

• I don't agree. Although Bjelica has had quite a disappointing season with Chemik, Drpa was no way near Team A... We saw nothing from Bjelica this summer, so she might be in better shape than Marta..

No, Bjelica has been injuried and recovering, that's why I wrote it's a surprise she's picked and Drpa couldn't make the cut. To be quite honest I haven't seen any convincing performance of Bjelica apart from her senior NT debut in WC 2011. Boskovic will be starter, so I don't think it's such a big deal who's her back-up anyway.

• Does Serbia have no other liberos coming up? It has been the same two for many years, and they really need to upgrade.