2015 World Cup - Japan - 8/22

• Really strange serving tactics from Russia. The whole world knows that Mihajlovic can't receive but the serve goes to the libero 90% on the time. Probably Marichev isn't aware of opponents weaknesses, as always.

• What a match of fate! So tight, a few errors by the RUS decide the match outcome.
    Now SRB win this match, the RUS team will be more on fire against the USA, with more stimulant in a must-win situation to live up their chance. An injured bear is quite dangerous!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Ack. Russia lost. :aww:

Ognjenovic is the clear difference between the two teams. Congrats Serbia!

• congrats serbia..they were once again losing to russia but this time they succeded...

now i think usa - china or usa - serbia teams to be in the top two..russia has also the chance but im not sure if they can beat usa with a kosheleva not in good shape..they can beat china maybe

btw..i forgot serbia was going to face japan...their job is also not easy...they can beat japan but they should play with % 100 focus..

• Congrats Serbia!!! :woohoo:

It was probably mainly due to Russia's level dropping, but I'm pleased with the win.

Now make sure and beat Japan tomorrow :box:

• Now if China win the rest of matches, a top two position is theirs

They can beat RUS, and of course JPN, they did it already when JPN hosted the WGP in Saitama with both teams fielded the core players, just don't see why now it's anything different. Can't recall the last time JPN beat CHN :lol:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Japan vs. Serbia will be an elimination match tomorrow
    Serbia win would means Japan has to beat China and USA in less than 5 to get max points
    If Japan beats Korea in 3 sets, Japan jumps into 2nd place on points ratio.

USA 19, 6-1, Japan and Russia left to play
    Japan 18, 6-1 (if 3-0 win), China, Serbia and USA
    Russia 18, 6-1, China and USA
    China 18, 6-1, Russia and Japan
    Serbia 16, 6-1, Japan

Between the top 5
    USA 4 points, 2 matches
    Serbia 4 points, 3 matches
    Japan 3 points, 1 match
    Russia 3 points, 2 matches
    China 3 points, 2 matches

• Russia is done, I don't think they can possibly beat China or USA :aww: I really hope Serbia and USA will grab the ticket.

• Obmochaeva and Kosheleva spike: 37/84=44%

Boskovic and Mihajlovic spike: 42/77=54% :super:

Last week I said those serbs (or bosnians but whatever) are the most powerful duo in this tournament and they proved it.

• Match could have gone either way. Russian errors in 5th set cost them the match. Regarding Kosheleva, I don't think she performed below her standards. Serbian block and defence was just ready for her. Goncharova had a good game as usual but she can't win games all by herself. Still good game by Russia except the 3rd set. I don't think we can dismiss Russia yet. Game changer would be the match against USA, and with their backs against the wall, I hope Kosheleva and company will show their best performance.