Poland - OrlenLiga 2015/16

• Although Kasia has been getting a lot of hate talk here, I must say no matter how she perform she always gives her all.. I do agree she usually cracks in important moments, but she does try to help her team as much as she can. Great match by her today!

As for Kristin... yes, she is not performing as she should, and has had many weak games, but I love her passion and the motivation she gives to her teammates. Next season it might be a good idea to accept to be a bench player somewhere.. I would love to have her in my team..

• Semifinal:

Impel Wrocław - Atom Trefl Sopot 3-2 (20-25 25-21 16-25 25-23 16-14) MVP: Katarzyna Skowrońska-Dolata stats
    Scorers: Skowrońska-Dolata (OP) 27, Costagrande (OH) 17, Hildebrand (OH) 15; Zaroślińska (OP) 18, Kaczorowska (OH) 16 8o (don't remember when scored so often), Balkestein-Grothues (OH) 14

next game on 15.04 at 18:00, also on Polsat Sport

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• What a weird 5th set :what: So many challenges....did I understand it right that the last two challenges were asked by the referee himself? Cause Micelli wasted his two early in the set already.

Is there a rule in Poland saying no double touches must be called against Radecka? So many of her sets are pretty foul...

Yes, exactly.

I am happy that Impel won, Skowrońska was amazing and I also liked Dürr digging great balls. The end of the tie-break was controversial but the game was fun to watch, for me at least. On Sopot's side Balkestein and Durajczyk were on top, but I missed Zaroślińska. She killed some balls but she wasn't as visible as Balkestein or Kaczorowska, who played a good match and is in a surprisingly good shape. The setters performance was weak. And Sikorska finally learned how to hit a ball. :thumbsup:
    Grabowski on the other hand is a big joke, Solarewicz is doing nearly everything for him during the games. But he calls himself the mentor of the team, what is really funny actually. :lol:All he can do is making stupid challenges. I hope he will go back to his old job and will finally hire a good coach for the team next season. I'm exited for the third match!

• Is there a rule in Poland saying no double touches must be called against Radecka? So many of her sets are pretty foul...

You're probably right. In last game against Sopot she had like 5 called double sets...

And Kaczorowska finally played good.

• Congrats to Wroclaw, nice fight by Skowronska. I hope they will make it to the final and get a ticket for CL 16-17.
    Hildebrand used to belong to my fav players and I like the way she attempts encouraging her teammates and getting involved in every team work, despite all that her current performances look painful to watch, I'm doubtful how many (strong) teams would want her after this season. I saw Costagrand being compared to her, however I find the Argentinian much more useful, she has the skills to make up for her exhausted body whereas Kristin does not. Anyways, fingers crossed for both of them for the 3rd match.

Great play by Lenka Dürr, I'm happy for her and Sawicka as well.

Speaking of Radecka, I couldn't believe what I saw during the game. Guidetti would have been extraordinarily furious if he were the coach fighting against Milena's team and gonna be funny to see it :rolll:

• Agree with Emil. Costagrande plays really smart and tries to cover Kristin in reception. Kristin was so good back then in 2013.

Speaking about Orlen Liga. Karpaty Krosno (1st league) won't play in Orlen Liga next season because thet lost in 1st league quarterfinals against Joker Swiecie. So 3 teams fight for Orlen Liga. Wisla Warszawa, Budowlani Torun and LKS Lodz. Joker Swiecie doesn't want to advance this year.

• Kaczorowska played good match, but tbh it's her first good match this season probably ;P

It would be weird seeing Impel in final after this season but maybe it's chance that they will keep money and build strong team for CL. Maybe it would be good for OL.

And with rumours that Muszyna will be strong again next year we would have Chemik, Sopot, Impel, Tauron, Budowlani and Muszyna :)

• and we may have 2 teams more... league's officials consider widening league to 14 teams with reopnening it :wavy:

• Yeah, but now it's all about Sopot and Chemik and now Impel. But Dąbrowa and Łódź lack good OPP and also Bielsko disappointed. But if rumour are true we will have really strong league next season ;)

• Volleyball is incredibly loved in Poland, I hope many big companies decide to invest on women's team as well. As much as I love Chemik's players, I hope to see anyone else winning the cup soon.

Now I wonder about Police's OPP for next season, they don't seem to be fully satisfied with Montaño, they might try Brakocevic when she's ready or Fabris since they like their slavic neighbours :D or Havlickova can be attempted as her Czech friend playing for the team already.

I agree about Dabrowa and Łodz, Popovic should never have gone to Russia so that she could have played more regularly and kept her good shape. Museran, not even worth taking abot her, she's terrible, even prior to her injuries.

• I hope many big companies decide to invest on women's team as well.

It's not only about money but bad transfers and not good choices. Players like Boncheva, Muresan and Radosova were picked by clubs

• Hope that Impel will play with Chemik at the finals. I know Kasia and teammates can do it. :)

• Atom deserves to be in final more than Impel, so I'll be keeping fingers crossed for them :super: The one and only reason why I am supporting Impel through the season was Kasia Skowrońska-Dolata. :heart:

• This is the first time I'm watching Impel play and they just look like a bunch of old and experienced players who forgot basic skills, such as passing. This is sad, because I've loved Costagrande and Richards for so many years...they just do not have high level volleyball anymore

• Skowronska can't kill a ball. Come on, Impel!!!!!!

• Costagrande show in the first set! I'm curious how long she will keep this level.
    Costagrande's game wasn't enough for Atom.

• I'm a bit sorry because of KSD... She lost a year playing in (to be honest) an average club. She propably could have made a better choice than Impel because she can still be an impressive player.

However, Atom really deserved to win this match and play in the final. Zaroślińska is in a very good shape and I hope to see her in NT again. :) Btw. I think I'm not the only one who doesn't like Danica's game in this season very much...

• To sum up yesterday game:

Atom - Impel 3-0 (25-23 25-17 25-18 ) MVP: Katarzyna Zaroślińska stats
    Scorers: Zaroślińska (OP) 19, Kaczorowska (OH) 13, Balkestein-Grothues (OH) 11; Costagrande (OH) 15, Skowrońska-Dolata (OP) 9, Kąkolewska (MB) 6

Atom won 2-1 and goes to Final

• I'm a bit sorry because of KSD... She lost a year playing in (to be honest) an average club. She propably could have made a better choice than Impel because she can still be an impressive player.

I don't think she's that kind of player anymore. I think 2 season in Azerbaijan was their worst choice in her career. She should've moved to Italy or Turkey or somewhere... She has good matches but also really bad. I know Radecka isn't helping the team but Skowronska wasted 2 years in Azerbaijan - that's true.