Italy - Serie A1 2015/16

• Piacenza won but they didn't convince me that much: in the first twosets Montichiari (without doing anything special) was always there and in the second half of the sets they were able to reduce the gap and tie with Piacenza. Only in the last set Piacenza was convincing, while Montichiariwas quite a mess. Bauer couldn't kill any ball with her fast, so Melandricame inand started a blocking show, such a great and solid performance for her, I hope she grows even more and could be considered also for NT. Meijners and Ognjenovic played well too, Sorokaite and Bianchin weren't so reliable in attack, so as always Piacenza had the OPP problem to deal with.

on the other side Barcellini and Gioli played fairly well, while Tomsia spiked so many difficult balls, so she got blocked or made some mistakes more than the others, anyway Isaw better performances from her. Sobolska was invisible ans so was Brinker, this season she has some difficulties to show her skills. Good performance overall for Montichiari, as I expected them to lose badly (Piacenza helped them with some stupid mistakes in attack or at serve).

Now Pomì-Bergamo, that is going to be a great battle! :box:

• First of all, I had no idea there were the Italy Cup Final 4. Nice job, Lega Volley Femminile! :down:
    What an awful match between Casalmaggiore and Bergamo. I was so glad it was going to an end, but Casalmaggiore managed to let Bergamo win the third set.

1. Why does Sylla play in Serie A1?

2. Lloyd is completely awful; I lost the count how many times she sent Kozuch and Piccinini to death.

I didn't see Piacenza in a while, but I guess an Ognjenovic's standard game is more than enough to win the cup.

There such a big difference between men's and women's Italy Cup F4. Men's F4 was amazing. Tonight there's almost nothing to save.

I give up. Go Picci, go! :heart: But I won't watch anymore for tonight.

• I watched the tie-break eventually. I wish I didn't. It was a nightmare for Casalmaggiore. I'm waiting for the stats. Lloyd with very good passing managed to destroy everyone else's confidence along the match. She was the best player for Bergamo. High, slow, far from the net, under the net. A nightmare for her spikers.

I hope Piacenza will crush Bergamo tomorrow.

• Foppa!!!! What a come back! Not a great match to watch, especially in the first two sets but Bergamo managed to remain focused and with great defenses and smart attacks sent KO Casalmaggiore who had the fault not to finish the game in the third set. Picci didn't play so well, Lloyd was quite unprecise. On the other side Plak and in the second half Barun were quite positive. The one I liked the most is anyway Gennari, she received tons of balls, covering half field with Cardullo and attacked in a clever wayagainst high nad strong walls. She is definetely to consider for the NT...
    Tomorrow it willbeanother battle, Piacenza is favourite but Foppa showed they never give up! :box:

• I watched the tie-break eventually. I wish I didn't. It was a nightmare for Casalmaggiore. I'm waiting for the stats. Lloyd with very good passing managed to destroy everyone else's confidence along the match. She was the best player for Bergamo. High, slow, far from the net, under the net. A nightmare for her spikers.

Even though I generally like Lloyd I have to agree on this, she was very imprecise today :S But still Piccinini didn't have to hit the last two balls straight into the block or out :whistle:

The stats are a joke in terms of reception, and I am sure Citakovic attacked more than 3 balls. As I said before her performance was quite a positive surprise.

• Even though I generally like Lloyd I have to agree on this, she was very imprecise today :S But still Piccinini didn't have to hit the last two balls straight into the block or out :whistle:

The stats are a joke in terms of reception, and I am sure Citakovic attacked more than 3 balls. As I said before her performance was quite a positive surprise.

Normally I like Lloyd too, but keeping attention on her I've noticed that under pressure she is often very imprecise, it wasn't just today.

I agree 100% on the stats, those are exactly the first two things I thought seeing them.

• I agree with a lot of things you said!

Piacenza-Montichiari

- Melandri, what an impressive performance! Wonderful job girl!

- Leonardi, every time I watch her I wonder why she is out of the NT. Outstanding digs!

- Piacenza probably not at his best, but the game imho was really entertaining.

Pomì-Bergamo

- Not a very entertaining match, unfortunately. I saved it only because Bergamo did kinda a miracle, even if I don't like very much how they played. I'm still wondering how Casalmaggiore could lost the match :S

– I can't stand Sylla on court; I can't exactly explain way, but I think she is the main reason why I don't like much Bergamo volleyball, this year.

- Gennari, how many ball she received?! Very good job, girl! I really like her attitude. Humble and concrete.

- How many block did Casalmaggiore?! After the second set I already had in my mind the article title: 'Casalmaggiore blocked Bergamo'... Well, I guess I thought too soon.

• Totally agree about Sylla and Gennari. I think the latter one is the only player who could replace Del core on NT. She's a really good passer and at the same times hits fairly well. I hope she makes it to the Olympic games this year, I prefer her ten times over Bosetti sisters, Tirozzi and some other Italian OHs that are below 30.

• Totally agree about Sylla and Gennari. I think the latter one is the only player who could replace Del core on NT. She's a really good passer and at the same times hits fairly well. I hope she makes it to the Olympic games this year, I prefer her ten times over Bosetti sisters, Tirozzi and some other Italian OHs that are below 30.

I hope so too: she's concrete and she makes few mistakes, the OH Italy needs! I hope this summer she won't have injury as last year, she totally deserves to be there, especiallyif Italy goes to Rio.

• I think the main problem of Pomi is lack of an attacking OH. Neither Picci nor Tirozzi are reliable attackers and when Kozuch is back court, and the reception is bad Carli has only 1 option. Another thing is Tirozzi isn't that great at passing too, so Carli can't always play with the middles.. Picci is a disaster hitting on the right, still can't understand why Barbolini doesn't switch her with Tirozzi. I also didn't like Carli.. she sometimes can be quite stubborn and gets her hitters in bad situations like getting blocked 3 times in a row

• I think the main problem of Pomi is lack of an attacking OH. Neither Picci nor Tirozzi are reliable attackers and when Kozuch is back court, and the reception is bad Carli has only 1 option. Another thing is Tirozzi isn't that great at passing too, so Carli can't always play with the middles.. Picci is a disaster hitting on the right, still can't understand why Barbolini doesn't switch her with Tirozzi. I also didn't like Carli.. she sometimes can be quite stubborn and gets her hitters in bad situations like getting blocked 3 times in a row

I don't get too why Bartolini doesn't switch Picci and Tirozzi who can hit maybe in an easier way as she is left handed. Yesterday Lloyd was quite unprecise especially with her wings and at certain point Bergamo was defending all they could.
    The final is at 17.30!