Italy - Serie A1 2015/16

• For me it is logical, why they transfer two averege OH players, when they could transfer some good OH, and that could be Fernanda Garay.

Right now I don't see any good OH on the market except her, and I don't see any good setter too.

They have good OPP, L, MBs and I like Aure Cruz, even Bosetti isn't so bad but Rousseaux and Malesevic are not so good.

• I hope Lindsey Berg will decide to play again. She already played with Guiggi, Cruz and Bosetti and my dream is to see her in Novara. But, unfortunately... it is just a dream ;(

I don't know what's wrong with Signorile, but maybe something happened this summer right before she decided to leave the NT.
    She was a surprise when she played instead of Leo in Bergamo, but maybe since that moment everyone expected from her something more and she wasn't able to handle the pressure, I don't know...

According to http://www.legavolleyfemminile…uadra.asp?IdSquadra=50717 in Conegliano there are 3 setters (Glass, Bechis and Serena) so maybe one of them can play in Novara. :?:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Main problem is that last season they had one of the strongest team of Europe physically talking. And that was enough to put in the shadows many weaknesses, such as Signorile's setting.

Signorile (183 cm)
    Klineman (194 cm) - Cruz (182 cm)
    Hill (193 cm) - Bosetti (180 cm)
    Barun (194 cm) - Fabris (189 cm)
    Guiggi (188 cm)
    Chirichella (195 cm)

They lost many cms and no one from the new players can fix a bad set just spiking over the block, like Klineman and Hill did, or simply using a different time and direction of spiking like Barun, helped by the fact of being left handed.

• They lost many cms and no one from the new players can fix a bad set just spiking over the block, like Klineman and Hill did, or simply using a different time and direction of spiking like Barun, helped by the fact of being left handed.

I agree. They need a scoring-machine-OH. Cruz and Bosetti can't play together as starters because they almost have the same characteristics.

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• I agree. They need a scoring-machine-OH. Cruz and Bosetti can't play together as starters because they almost have the same characteristics.

They actually can if you have scorer MBs, a good setter and a reliable opposite. If you have Bosetti & Cruz, then you have to receive around 60% perfect reception and your middles should kill around the same percentage or over. Then you can leave Bosetti & Cruz against single blocks but for that you need 1st good reception, 2nd a good setter.

• I think that the best OH on the Market is Fê Garay, She is a Good Receiver and a good Hitter... not more dominant like in 2012~2013.. but can do a good job.

According to La Stampa Novara:

-Signorile may be cut in january because of her terrible last performances
    -Bosio may be the new starter of the team from january
    -They are looking for a replacement for Signorile

-They are looking for a new high level OH
    -Not sure if someone will be cut among the current OHs

It also says they're not satisfied by the physical strength of the team, that's why they want a physically dominant OH. And they want to win.

Elsewhere I read Pedullà could be fired as well. The club could hire Carlo Parisi.

• Game between Novara and Montichiari will have stream, on which TV ?

• I'm pretty excited to see Conegliano vs Piacenza tonight. IMO Conegliano will win after tie-break.

• Novara - Montichiari is going on tie-break, again same problem for Novara, Fabris with 24 points for now and everyone else don't have over 10 points. :/

• Montichiari won 3:2, Berenika Tomsia with 26 points :cheesy:

• Novara again lost, this is not good news for them before CL and matche against Atom Sopot.

Top scorers: Samanta Fabris 29 point(of the matche), Tomsia 25 poitns(Montichiari)

• The half american Conegliano is playing very well. My USA girls are giving me a lot of joy. I'm more and more deeply in love with Robinson. I need to meet her and propose as soon as possible! :heart: I'm addicted to her passion and attitude on court. :love:

• I only saw 2nd and 3rd set..

Piacenza has very good middles and in my opinon the best setter in Serie A.

But the others....Leonardi was a joke today in reception...Sorokaite is a joke against strong teams...

Marcon is defensive OH..a joke in attack.

Meijners is a good hitter but a joke in reception...

Piacenza needs to transfer at least a decent Opposite...

• Very easy win by Conegliano. Their weaknesses are Hodge's passing and the lack of focus sometimes. Robinson... wow! :super:

They remind me Novara from last season, with 2 phisical and fast OHs, but better couple of MBs and far away better libero and setter. Probably the Ortolani we saw tonight is a bit better than the best Barun.

Piacenza was a mess. Ognjenovic runned the MBs as much as she could and that took the team alive for a while. Meijners left the court for a minor ankle injury, but Pascucci helped the team with her passing which was good enough to let Ognjenovic do whatever she wanted with her middles most of the times.