2016 FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix

• Very super duper unlikely they will go to the finale.
    Not even very confident that they will reach final four as NED A team seems more cohesive and offensive.
    But we will always want to see CHN team perform a shocker!

• I think the big question mark is who will top Pool A, as that would really determine how the SF match ups would look like. Before the news of Kosheleva's Finals no-show I would say Russia, but now I'm not too sure if Russia can beat Brazil's A team without Kosheleva.

My prediction:

SF1: BRA (A1)-NED (B2)
    SF2: USA (B1)-RUS (A2)

• So sad .... I didnt Think china Wont put the best team
    I dont understand this choice :-((((

i think it is very difficult for China to reach the final on sunday, but i am very confident the team will arrive in semifinal to against Brasil.
    Seems Brasil will easily to find way to break Russia reception system and top Pool A.

Jenny did it for couple of seasons...the reasons are complicated, i guess...
    a. to protect the players that recovered recently, like Xu Yunli, Yang Fangxu, Wei Qiuyue....
    b. to avoid possible injury to the main players, like Zhu, Zhang, Yan...
    c. to improve a precise setting between the setter and the attacker.

the players selected for the WGP final round, i guess...
    d. to intensively estimate Hui's physical condition on court, who used to suffer from heart problem.
    e. to intensively strengthen the blocking of Yuan through more games.
    f. the big headache of Libero/opposite position, needs more games to test the lineup player or even which will secure the flight ticket to Rio.
    g. Yang Junjing was not called in Rio pre-roster of 20, therefore, she will not in Rio for sure.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Beliën :white: I'm pretty sure she will be even better after another year in Italy. She's not as great at slide attack as De Kruijf but is much more balanced and consistent.
    Knip passing surprisingly well thus far. I'd prefer Lowe over Murphy, but knowing Kirary giving a chance to everyone I understand it.

• Murphy is the weakest wing-spiker in american team so far :wall:

• I'm not convinced by Bujis, I have a feeling that she should do much more in attack. For me she's so invisible...

• NED making too many errors, they have chances to pull away. Havent seen Bujiis do a decent hit, maybe Plak can come in for her. Sloëtjes also not very convincing like usual

• Dutch team is far from their best but that is good actually. They need to be at their best in the Olympics so their training is surely planned that way, it's impossible that they can play great right now. And they only have a chance against the big teams when they are at 100%, because an 80% Dutch team will lose even against a 60% USA team...

• Guidetti needs to do a better job with his team, first handling the ball and second mental.... NED could have won the 2nd set if was not by all those stupid mistakes.

They don`t seam to have any confidence at all... and that is the coach`s fault.

But Belien is playing really good.

• If only NED minimizes their errors, they have a chnace to beat the US in Rio. Great match by Beilen and Sloëtjes in the end

• guidetti in the 3 set yelling at players "come on, we don't even fall down" lol
    dutch defense sucks. service reception sucks too. they're no better at everything else really.
    i don't really see them pull off an upset in rio.
    team with a better defense like japan has a better chance even though they don't have as much firepower.