Russian NT 2016

• Gamova is very serious about making it to OG roster (source).

Will be an interesting fight between Goncharova, Gamova and Malykh for 2 spots unless Marichev finds a way to take them all, but IMO that would be destined to fail because neither of them could play as OH on a good level. Goncharova currently is the best, Gamova by far is the most experienced and still can play on a high level, Malykh is the youngest and also performing on a high level. You never know what goes on in Marichev's head, but if he insists so much on having Sokolova in the team, I think he will take Gamova for sure as well.

• Gamova is very serious about making it to OG roster (source).

Will be an interesting fight between Goncharova, Gamova and Malykh for 2 spots unless Marichev finds a way to take them all, but IMO that would be destined to fail because neither of them could play as OH on a good level. Goncharova currently is the best, Gamova by far is the most experienced and still can play on a high level, Malykh is the youngest and also performing on a high level. You never know what goes on in Marichev's head, but if he insists so much on having Sokolova in the team, I think he will take Gamova for sure as well.

The only way for Goncharova, Malykh and Gamova to be on the same team is to take Gamova as OH. I think the three of them were also present during WCH roster correct me if I'm wrong. Not saying Kosheleva, Goncharova, and Gamova playing together same time on court is a good idea, but maybe Katya can sub Kosheleva some games, if Tanya is not 100% as they need a terminating OH, and no one comes closer than Gamova (and IMO Katya plays better in Position 4). With that said, they should take a receiving OH/libero as the 4th OH slot to cover the reception (Sokolova if she can make it?). Goncharova definitely starting OPP. If I were her I would be pissed if she would be converted again to OH because of Gamova's return to the team.

• too bad for Artamonova that she didnt continue to play until now, maybe now she would take the place when a good defensive/receiving OH is needed :D

• Guess it qualifies as a truly breaking news: Jekaterina Gamova decided to end her volleyball career ;( She says she made it because of her health and what has happened in the last few days. It's all over Russian websites.

http://rsport.ru/volleyball/20160518/923665272.html

http://www.sport-express.ru/volleyball/news/1001321/

• That's how I understand it also. She says she'd help her team in Rio if she recovered. Not sure what from though. So I think it's final. The end. Right here and now. :(

• I understand Sokolova, but Gamova? I did not like Malykh's performance this season and I'm sure Gamova would contribute more. Too bad :white:

• Big loss for Russian volleyball. I imagine Gamova would have been great on the double-sub. With this news, Malykh is assured of her spot in Rio as second OPP to Goncahrova :wavy:

• big loss not only to Russian volleyball...but for volleyball overall.

Not everyone is her fan, but its impossible to argue how important she was to volleyball. Im sure every fan will miss her immensely.