2016 Olympic Games - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

• Build a father and son statue for Bernardo and Bruno. Bernardo managed to win an olympic gold medal with the worst Brazil NT ever. Bruno made a bunch of just decent player, who couldn't make any cut in the final rosters of the last years, consistent. I'm speechless. What a setter :!: The best in the world. :obey:

I agree.

This Brazil is the worst Brazilian team of maybe even the last two decades...The teams of 2004, 2008 and 2012 were on totally different level...but they faces Stanley in 2008 and Musersky in 2012...

Congrats to Bernardinho, Bruninho and SERGIO...he is the real legend...40 years old.... :obey: :obey:

Italy...will they ever become Olympic champion ???? Their best team was in 1996...but then they faced a bunch of crazy Dutch guys...

Let me be clear: Italy, as a nation of great volleyball-culture, both players and coaches, deserves an Olymic title...but I'm happy they didn't win today...simply because there was a Cuban !! on court (who's next??) and Zaytsev behaves like Cristiano Ronaldo.

• and Bruno.

Completely agree. He played a great tournament :thumbup:

Congrats to brazil but also to Italy. They played a great tournament, much better than i expected. That won't help you (italian) guys much at the moment but i think its absolutely worth to mention.

• All the sports where Italy is dominant and wins gold medals once every 8-12 years and I had to be obsessed with this one :wall:

Jokes aside, this is far worse than all the previous losses in an Olympic final combined.

Atlanta was a gold medal that we already had around our necks, lost to a Dutch team playing the best match of their lives, so good that they sucked all the volleyball out of the whole country and disappeared forever from the sport.

Athens was painful as that Italy NT would have won gold in any other edition, but Brazil was just superior in every single aspect of the game.

This... worst Brazil of the last 15 years and they just had to show up because we didn't. Great tournament, best match of the games 2 days ago, worst match in the gold medal final. So many opportunities, we could have won 3-0, but we're Brazil's puppet after all.

We will win the gold medal one day... it's always the same teams rotating. Netherlands (not anymore), Serbia, Russia, Poland, Brazil. If not 2020, 2040, 2050, 2080. Just hope to be alive when it happens. ;(

• Let me be clear: Italy, as a nation of great volleyball-culture, both players and coaches, deserves an Olymic title...but I'm happy they didn't win today...simply because there was a Cuban !! on court (who's next??) and Zaytsev behaves like Cristiano Ronaldo.

Typical italian mind: you have a long run in order to build your own champions, why wasting time on that? Better go naturalize a cuban. Who will be the next? FIPAV wanted Simon as well when Juantorena's situation was unclear. :whistle:

This is a great moral lesson by brazilian average players. They did it as a team, just playing arounf the strongest volleyball player in this world, the real soul of the team. No divas. No naturalized. Respect.

PS: CR7 doesn't behave like Ivano. The Zar is way over that. I'm always like this -> :what: <- when the cameras focus on his face after a diva celebration, expecially when he plays with up and downs like tonight.

• Please have some respect for a country that contributed immensely to this sport, there's no need to rub it in right after losing such a big match. The Netherlands, most of all, should know how it feels after what happened to the women's team yesterday. If creating a volleyball team is so easy why don't you just make a new one? Or are you busy playing world league group 4 playoffs?

• Does FIVB gives money prizes for the OG?

Anyways, Brazil is giving U$$ 5k ...Does not matrer if is Bronze,Gold or Silver

But he men's soccer each player will get U$$ 330k for the Gold.

• Please have some respect for a country that contributed immensely to this sport, there's no need to rub it in right after losing such a big match. The Netherlands, most of all, should know how it feels after what happened to the women's team yesterday. If creating a volleyball team is so easy why don't you just make a new one? Or are you busy playing world league group 4 playoffs?

You are replying to me ??

I mentioned that I HAVE great respect for Italy as a volleyball-nation.

I just can't stand Zaytsev's behaviour and appearance. Besides, there was a non-Italian player on court...a scandal :teach:

I will not even comment your phrases concerning Dutch NTs, since it is simply bs :wavy:

• I'm so surprised after final seeing Italian performance throughout this tournament :whistle: Brazil woke up in the most important games

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• You obviously have ZERO respect if the first phrase that comes to your mind right after a lost Olympic final is being happy that we lost. Absolutely disgusting comment, imagine an Italian coming to you saying that he's glad about your girls crying for the 4th place. Very bad taste.

• You obviously have ZERO respect if the first phrase that comes to your mind right after a lost Olympic final is being happy that we lost. Absolutely disgusting comment, imagine an Italian coming to you saying that he's glad about your girls crying for the 4th place. Very bad taste.

Your emotional reply doesn't change my mind :wavy: I didn't write anything offensive.

I have nothing against this Italian team in general. And, as I mentioned, I have great respect for Italy as a volleyball-nation.

I just can't stand players behaving like Zaytsev.. And Juantorena playing for your country - or for any other country except Cuba - is a big scandal!

• Naturalised players arent wrong. But seriously there is something wrong with someone's attitude. If you couldnt give respect to those -- whether naturalised or not -- who played their hearts out, why would you just not bother mentioning them to at least give respect to yourself?

Like Italy, Brazil and Poland might be recruiting Cubans to their national teams. Seriously, nothing can be wrong in this case.

• The ceremony was so emotional. I love both Brazilian NT and Italian NT. Watching them cry made me teary. Thank you all for 2 exciting weeks.