2016 / 2017 Transfer News

• TRI OH C.Thompson in Béziers

Les pieds dans le fumier, mais toujours le verbe haut et la tête droite ! Cocorico !

• I am pretty naive when it comes to clubs, how can these players transfer in the middle of the season? Is there a fall season then a winter season? Do they only sign for one season? Like Fawcett? Or do they just quit? Is there only one season in China?

• I am pretty naive when it comes to clubs, how can these players transfer in the middle of the season? Is there a fall season then a winter season? Do they only sign for one season? Like Fawcett? Or do they just quit? Is there only one season in China?

In most countries, seasons start in October and end in April, more or less....but in most leagues there is a determined date till when you can register players in order that they can be elegible to play in the season. Because of that, most leagues open in January the market again, so the clubs can sign with new players. Its the winter market.

Players usually sign a contract for the hole season, but there are exceptions, the contracts are made by time, so some players only signed till December, others the contract only starts in January, it is really open in that way. And sometimes, clubs and players decide to terminate contracts, if it is for poor performance, or if its an injury or whatever reason that is, if its a mutual agreement that is no problem. Sometimes there are cases involving fightsin breaking this contract, in both sides. If a clubs stop paying salary, or just if the player leaves the cub without any permisson from the club, that stuff...but over all that is rare, most contracts are terminated in mutual agreement I would say.

The league in China usually ends before most leagues in Europe, that is why you see some players signing other clubs there, after they end their season there. In Puerto Rico in the other hand, the season only starts in January, so you see a lot of players that have contracts with clubs there, playing in Europe before, between October to December, since they are free during that time.

So it can change depending the country but for the most part, Its one season per year, from October to April.

• Can you tell me when the winter transfer window closes in Europe, or does it vary by country?

Thank you!

• Usually through January, but depends on the country and their leagues rules...

• I don't know is this yet writen but bulgarian volleyball club VC Shumen made two very interesting transfers singing with iranian international Maedeh Borhani Esfahani and Rwanda captain Seraphine Mukantambara. I don't know is there other european team ever that has signed with iranian female player.

PS Yet one more step for positive cooperation between Iranian and Bulgarian volley. :win:

• Novara signed with Barcellini, while D'Odorico should go on loan in A2.

Nomikou leaves Trento and goes to Mondovì, always in A2.

[Pasini's blog]

• Novara is about to sign Barcellini, who refused Bolzano and Montichiari's offers. Novara is also looking for a strong MB, maybe from the Chinese league. http://www.lastampa.it/2017/01…vr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Monza signed Berenika Tomsia. http://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/2…unciato-monza-con-tomsia/

• Is Rachel Sanchez still playing in imanocagi in Turkey? Isn't the club going through serious financial problems? Maybe she could be the MB that Novara is looking for..?

• I just think Conegliano made a mistake by letting Tomsia go.

No they didn't, They need better OPP, She is good but not good as last season. For her is better to play in Monza because She needs to play not to be on the bench.

• Tomsia go to Foppa , Skowronska move to OH.

• Head coach Marcello Abbondanza is the new head coach of the women NT Canada