Olympic Games - 2016 | 8 | 6

• Brazil will start with Natália/Fe Garay.

• I think it will be Christa starting for the USA.. My guess is Karch was giving Adams as much as experience possible, and in the same time resting Harmotto knowing her history with injuries.. Also I expect Lowe starting, although Kelly played during the finals, maybe that was some kind of tactical choice for Kiraly (let's hope).. As we saw USA middles were key for their scoring in their game with Brazil, so maybe Karch should think about mixing things up with their setters a bit, since Alisha likes to set only the slides, and Lloyd in front, and Akinradewo and especially Adams are great in that.. so we can maybe see a bit more from Carli apart from the double sub

• Prediction Game started :wavy:
    2016 Olympic Games - Prediction Game

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• China played a friendly match against Pinheiros (last year's Brazilian Superleague 8th place) and won by 3x2.
    I don't know about the scores and the rosters.

• i think sylla will be exciting to watch, she's a hustler in the backrow and dives for everything, her defense is great. i hope they can give ortolani some time as OPP.

egonu is a big hitter and server but so out of control. half of the time the ball goes out by 2-3 meters. if she can control her arm swing, she could be unstoppable.

i know some of you were sad that malagurski didn't make the team, but wouldn't djerisilo have been more useful? half of the time, malagurski gets blocked from what i have seen.

• Netherlands was playing without Sloetjes ( little bit sick)

Гидетти: если волейболистки РФ наберут форму, то могут рассчитывать на золото ОИ.

Главный тренер женской сборной Нидерландов по волейболу Джованни Гидетти прокомментировал победу над россиянками в товарищеском матче в преддверии старта Олимпийских игр в Рио-де-Жанейро со счётом 3:2 (16:25, 25:19, 25:19, 23:25, 16:14), а также отметил лидеров сборной России Наталию Гончарову и Татьяну Кошелеву.

"В таких матчах результат не стоит на первом месте. Я очень рад, что по уровню мы не сильно уступаем российской команде, мы можем с ними сражаться на равных. Для нас было важно провести встречу с одной из сильнейших команд в мире. У нас ещё есть определённые физические проблемы, но морально мы готовы к старту турнира. Если мы выйдем из нашей сложной группы, то это уже будет успехом.

Что касается россиянок, то они могут выиграть в любом турнире. Если они наберут форму, то вполне могут рассчитывать на золото. У них просто потрясающая команда, в составе которой есть два нападающих игрока не из этого мира – это Гончарова и Кошелева. Команда очень сыгранная, прекрасно играет на блоке и в защите. Безусловно, они будут бороться за золотые медали, как и Бразилия, США, Китай и Сербия", - цитирует Гидетти "Р-Спорт".

Источник: Р-Спорт
    what is it mean ?

• what is it mean ?

Guidetti talked about the match. He said that result is not the most important thing in friendly matches, but he is happy his team can play on even terms against a strong team like Russia. He says they have certain physical problems, but are eager to start the tournament. The group is difficult and it will be a success for them to reach the QF.
    As for Russia, he says they can win the gold medal if they raise they form. They have a great squad, led by two phenomenal attackers Kosheleva and Gonchareva who are out of this world. They have a lot of routine and excellent blocking and defense. He expects them to fight for the gold together with Brazil, USA, China and Serbia.

• One player from Italy's women NT has been found positive at a random doping test, according to national media she's already on the way back home and will be replaced. No clue on who could it be so far.

I have no words :white:

• The village is not in perfect conditions as everyone knows, but reading Goncharova complaining about the coffee and saying that she wants McDonalds to open so that she can buy coffee from there is hilarous and makes me wonder: isn't there anything else to complain about?
    By the way, Brazilian coffee is the best in the world... :down:

• Just curious, when was the last time full-strength Russia & Brazil faced each other with all their main players?

• Just curious, when was the last time full-strength Russia & Brazil faced each other with all their main players?

I think 2014 WCh, Brazil won by 3x1, after Russia was leading the 4th set by 20x11.

• The village is not in perfect conditions as everyone knows, but reading Goncharova complaining about the coffee and saying that she wants McDonalds to open so that she can buy coffee from there is hilarous and makes me wonder: isn't there anything else to complain about?
    By the way, Brazilian coffee is the best in the world... :down:

I don't know about that. :rolleyes:

As far as I know Japan moving out from the village is true and I read that Australians got stolen their things...It's getting worse and worse, I hope they somewhat solve these problems.