Olympic Games - 2016 | 8 | 6

• Well the people you are talking about are not Turkish volleyball fans, but Fenerbahce and Galatasaray football fans, who have nothing to do with volleyball.. I don't remember such an episode in NT volleyball match.. But I do remember Peruvian fans throwing bottles at Brenda Castillo and Dominican Junior team when they won the 5th place match against host Peru

• By the way, Kristin is in Brazil and is doing something related to backstage of beach volleyball. She has been posting pics with American players and others, such is Kim.
    It's funny to see on her instagram account Brazilian fans asking her to come to Brazil to play here again... she was very very sweet when she played here and people loved her, but well, her volleyball level has dropped so much :(

• i think your information is off the mark :teach: ! Kenya were impressive last year even in the world cup. They played a good game and won one match against peru. they also won the FIVB grand PRix pool 3...a first for any African team. You must understand that a lot of these girls only get to see an indoor gymnasium at their luckiest when they are 21...the odds are always against them. Algeria has also taken Argentina to five sets before...and it must be noted cameroun fluked it to the olympics, even they know it by heart.

I think Argentina has just more international experience at big tournaments than Cameroon. But this was by far the best performance of an African women's team for many years; Kenya and Algeria were always easy to waste for all other teams from the other continents. The many-months special Olympic preperation of Cameroon in Brazil has clearly paid off. If they keep or increase their level, they will win some day also a match at comparable competitions, considering how close they were already today. Or expressing it differently: they deserve to play at the Olympics, a truth, which could not be said about African compatriot teams for many years now.

• I'm referring to an interview of Goncharova a while ago, where she told, that when meeting in a hotel the players of both teams don't even greet each other, despite knowing all very well who they are.

Okay, this might be the personal impression by her, because she is honest, but generally not very nice to others (to say the least). As Kosheleva is a very nice person, she might have no issue with the Brazilian players nor the Turkisch spectators... she told different things, you are right.

So this rumors may be more about special players than all of them? Not often they talk about such things, so this is not very conclusive for all of them.

I propose to cease this discussion now and observe todays match, so we will see also reaction of spectators of course.

• By the way, Kristin is in Brazil and is doing something related to backstage of beach volleyball. She has been posting pics with American players and others, such is Kim.
    It's funny to see on her instagram account Brazilian fans asking her to come to Brazil to play here again... she was very very sweet when she played here and people loved her, but well, her volleyball level has dropped so much :(

Her husband is a beach volleyball coach, if I'm not wrong..

• Her husband is a beach volleyball coach, if I'm not wrong..

Tyler Hildebrand was part of the USA NT, before getting forced to retire by injuries. As far as I know he's now a volleyball coach at CSU Long Beach for the 49ers. Thehead coach is Alan Knipe, former USA men's NT head coach.

• Mihajlovic not in starting 6 for Serbia?

• I don't like Terzic's tathics...I think Mihajlovic should play even if the result doesn't change the outcome in pool phase...

• Boskovic can attack very well but the other stuff that she does... :down:

• And Veljkovic is playing today and no Stevanovic.

I guess Terzic does not mind loosing today. Imagine if China wins 3-0, then i wanna see Terzic's face.

I think all the Serbians has bipolar, u can't go from 0 to 100, is just not normal.

• Serbia are a mess. Maja clearly doesn't trust Malesevic, Nikolic or Busa to kill a ball, so she overuses the middles and Boskovic.

• SRB assumes USA will beat China, so there is no difference between 2nd and 3rd.

this is not only about pool positioning.
    winning matters. this kind of casual attitude about winning really undermines a team's competitiveness.
    losing to a team only gives them more confidence to beat you next time. netherlands' improvement over the year is clear proof of that.

• Guidetti took a big risk with that weirdo double sub at the end, because if the team had had to rotate once more, he couldn't have taken Schoot out because he had used all his substitutions and she would have had to play at the net.

Serbia is a completely different team than two days ago. Maja has one of her blackout matches, she has no idea what to do anymore. It shows the importance of Mihajlovic for this team...