Brazilian NT 2018 - who deserves the spot?

• I really think that Ze knows more than everyone else here thinks, and it's just a matter of time before we see some drastic change in the NT. He relied on her golden girls for so long, but this WCH is the last nail on that coffin. I'd like to see him do another post 2004 rebuff, and start putting younger people in the NT. This is going to be hard for them pride-wise, but Brazil just lacks superstars in this generation. It's going to be a slow build and it's gonna take more than just a single competition like this one.

• I really think that Ze knows more than everyone else here thinks, and it's just a matter of time before we see some drastic change in the NT. He relied on her golden girls for so long, but this WCH is the last nail on that coffin. I'd like to see him do another post 2004 rebuff, and start putting younger people in the NT. This is going to be hard for them pride-wise, but Brazil just lacks superstars in this generation. It's going to be a slow build and it's gonna take more than just a single competition like this one.

I think only tandara and garay will be left

• I really think that Ze knows more than everyone else here thinks, and it's just a matter of time before we see some drastic change in the NT.

I highly doubt that. Even in his post-elimination interview he said (although not with these exact words) that he still wants to count with the older players in the future.

• I highly doubt that. Even in his post-elimination interview he said (although not with these exact words) that he still wants to count with the older players in the future.

I agree with you. The older players are almost all Barueri players and we know for a fact that he loves to use the Barueri's card.

But I don't agree when somebody says that we don't have quality in this generation, we never saw this new generation play because they never have the chance! We only see a little bit of Rosamaria (when she was playing her best volleyball, she was sacked), Gabi (Can I put Bia in this group yet?). It is difficult to measure the quality of a player in NT level if she not have the opportunity to play in NT level! I was reading some old news about Brazil's NT and renovation after Beijing and the blogs were attacking A LOT Thaisa because she was not at "Walewska level" and she wrote her history quite well.

We need giving chance for the young ones and not put a lot pressure on them. They are not at golden generation level yet, and probably they will not be, but they need the oportunity to shine and to prove themselves. But Brazil does not know not being on top, it will be pretty difficult

I really think that Ze knows more than everyone else here thinks, and it's just a matter of time before we see some drastic change in the NT. He relied on her golden girls for so long, but this WCH is the last nail on that coffin. I'd like to see him do another post 2004 rebuff, and start putting younger people in the NT. This is going to be hard for them pride-wise, but Brazil just lacks superstars in this generation. It's going to be a slow build and it's gonna take more than just a single competition like this one.

• i like the way you update your desired players list after every match..especially the Mbs..the rotation btw .Ade-Bia-Carol ..sometimes Ade in sometimes Carol and this time Bia in the list..lol

• I agree with you. The older players are almost all Barueri players and we know for a fact that he loves to use the Barueri's card.

But I don't agree when somebody says that we don't have quality in this generation, we never saw this new generation play because they never have the chance! We only see a little bit of Rosamaria (when she was playing her best volleyball, she was sacked), Gabi (Can I put Bia in this group yet?). It is difficult to measure the quality of a player in NT level if she not have the opportunity to play in NT level! I was reading some old news about Brazil's NT and renovation after Beijing and the blogs were attacking A LOT Thaisa because she was not at "Walewska level" and she wrote her history quite well.

We need giving chance for the young ones and not put a lot pressure on them. They are not at golden generation level yet, and probably they will not be, but they need the oportunity to shine and to prove themselves. But Brazil does not know not being on top, it will be pretty difficult

Most of the times I do think there isn't enough talent currently, especially for world level, but I agree with you that the ones we might have don't get enough chances to play. I think it's important to remember that for some players, this was only their second year with the NT (Roberta, Bia, Suelen, Gabiru, Rosamaria, Drussyla, even Tandara as a starter). And most of them had an injury one time or another. Failures are bound to happen. I think most of the disappointment right now comes from how the defeats happened, given the teams never reached the podium in any of the tournaments they played and that might be clouding our judgement a little bit.

I said it before, but I just hope the younger ones can build on their best past performances and also improve their mentality in this next Superliga. That might be a little bit wishful thinking though.

• i like the way you update your desired players list after every match..especially the Mbs..the rotation btw .Ade-Bia-Carol ..sometimes Ade in sometimes Carol and this time Bia in the list..lol

This is because.. none of these three players are reliable as fabiana and thaisa before. One mb is good on one play and bad on another day! These mbs needs more confidence especially carol!

• Most of the times I do think there isn't enough talent currently, especially for world level, but I agree with you that the ones we might have don't get enough chances to play. I think it's important to remember that for some players, this was only their second year with the NT (Roberta, Bia, Suelen, Gabiru, Rosamaria, Drussyla, even Tandara as a starter). And most of them had an injury one time or another. Failures are bound to happen. I think most of the disappointment right now comes from how the defeats happened, given the teams never reached the podium in any of the tournaments they played and that might be clouding our judgement a little bit.

I said it before, but I just hope the younger ones can build on their best past performances and also improve their mentality in this next Superliga. That might be a little bit wishful thinking though.

I agreee. If i am the nt. Id chose tandara garay and drussyla duo with gabi on the back row. Amanda on the serving sub for mbs!

Natalia not having enough playing time and condition should have been left out. I dont know. This is just a bad year from brazil as compared to last yr....

Drussyla in my opinion doesnt have enough playing time.

• whatever happened to all the talk that ze would consider calling tifanny?

an even crazier idea... make hooker a brazilian citiizen... LOL.

geez no

Tifanny became a non-topic once people realized 1) she's not all that great 2) the initial "shock" wore off. The typical fear of the unknown.

• I still think that there isn't really that big difference between Brazil and the other teams tbh. China is winning with basically Zhu Ting and very suspect passing and defending, Serbia is relying on an up and down Busa for passing, and two players mainly. Brazil's team is as competitive as every other team and arguably in some respects better. I just think there hasn't been a realisation of how to organise the current team so that they can play well, or develop the kind of Chinese fighting spirit. Clearly this year they were just not in a position to do that, and partly because of all the injuries.

When they own the last Grand Prix, Natalia and Tandara were functioning like Boskovic and Mihalylovic, they had very good team chemistry, etc. I think there is no need to get desperate about the team really. When Agguerro joined Italy and they went on a bit of a run, that year Brazil was not winning - they then came back stronger the following year. What I worry about low key is whether Ze is innovative enough to come up with a winning formular for this team, having had to rely on the same girls who were in their winning prime for quite a while. I think Rio revealed how his strategies are now a bit old anf familiar, and there is a need for new thinking.....

• I still think that there isn't really that big difference between Brazil and the other teams tbh. China is winning with basically Zhu Ting and very suspect passing and defending, Serbia is relying on an up and down Busa for passing, and two players mainly. Brazil's team is as competitive as every other team and arguably in some respects better. I just think there hasn't been a realisation of how to organise the current team so that they can play well, or develop the kind of Chinese fighting spirit. Clearly this year they were just not in a position to do that, and partly because of all the injuries.

When they own the last Grand Prix, Natalia and Tandara were functioning like Boskovic and Mihalylovic, they had very good team chemistry, etc. I think there is no need to get desperate about the team really. When Agguerro joined Italy and they went on a bit of a run, that year Brazil was not winning - they then came back stronger the following year. What I worry about low key is whether Ze is innovative enough to come up with a winning formular for this team, having had to rely on the same girls who were in their winning prime for quite a while. I think Rio revealed how his strategies are now a bit old anf familiar, and there is a need for new thinking.....

We didn't have a good chemistry last year. We won many competitions but the way we played was quite questionable. In GP, for example, we were almost out given players' poor performances during the entire competition. Yes, we have to recognize that they overcame lots of uncertainties in crucial moments, but saying that we had a good chemistry seems unrealistic for me. Was it better than this year? Yes. But this year was the worst for Brazil NT since Ze's arrival.

And I don't think the problem is (only) the strategy. It is the lack of human material. Serbia is in the final of the WCH playing basically with Boskovic and Mihajlovic. The Netherlands plays basically with Sloetjes and sometimes Buijs. China is quite dependent on Zhu. Italy has a well-rounded team, but without Egonu they wouldn't be in the level they're now. And even being aware of those teams strategies, it's been tough to beat them.

• Maybe you misunderstood my point a little bit. I am not saying by any stretch Brazil is in a good place compared to previous years, in fact comparing is pointless anyway because same could be said for most teams..

I was just saying that there is a lot of talk about how there is a lack of good enough players in the current team. That is just not true. Brazil has a good set of players, they've never been a Boskovic and Mihajlovic type of team anyway. They still have a team that can be in finals and even winning. Sure, they have to fight more than they have done before, they need more strategies and to have more tactics , but there are no dominant teams right now, everyone is having to fight. The matches they lost were not all to very good teams playing at a high level. Serbia is in the final despite injuries, not playing well a lot of times, etc. So was China, etc. Brazil have way better players than Netherlands, but the Dutch are still being very consistent..

I feel like the current Brazilian team with someone more tactical like Guidetti MIGHT have done better.. He has been able to get Turkey outperforming themselves. Thier demise is more of a lack of the quality of players, unlike Brazil.

This is just my opinion...

• p.s I have nothing against Ze and respect him as a coach - so there is no blame shifting happening here...

• I am not questioning your general point. I understood and I agree with most of it. What I am just saying is that in spite of what you said, we did not had a good chemistry last year. That's not an opinion, it was a fact. Winning is not a synonym of playing well. We struggled more than other top teams, we were almost eliminated in GP.

We have good players that can make difference, yes. My point is that in the past years it seems a tendency of teams to have strong attackers that can, anytime, define a match in favor of their own teams, and we don't have this kind of player.

• Out with the mb players carol!

I want diana alecrim

Out with gabi/natalia

I want tainara and julia bergmann

Im ok with tandara.

Out with dani lins

I want someone like rose in the under 20 or juma..

Out with gabiru

I want keyla/ vitoria..

• well that’s clearing out almost the whole team. I like Carol than Bia and Dani Lin’s can go.I think Roberta did well with the team and throwing Dani Lin’s into made the team bad. Roberta had played with the girls from Rio and look at all the wins as a team. Is Carol com8ng back to Brazil?

• well that’s clearing out almost the whole team. I like Carol than Bia and Dani Lin’s can go.I think Roberta did well with the team and throwing Dani Lin’s into made the team bad. Roberta had played with the girls from Rio and look at all the wins as a team. Is Carol com8ng back to Brazil?

Agreed. in 2017 Brazil won some tournaments with Roberta as starting setter. Having Dani Lins back sorta ruined that chemistry that they were trying to established last year.